This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Silver Chair or Magician's Nephew Next?

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: The Silver Chair or Magician's Nephew Next?

Postby fantasia » Feb 19, 2011 10:00 pm

wolf wrote:But if they recast Eustace, we will complain... oh trust me we will complain.

Agreed. And I hope that they pay attention to the fans on this. At least we know that Doug Gresham wants to keep Will as Eustace.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby coracle » Feb 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Personally I want to see SC done next, but maybe they want to try a different tack.

I can see that they would be selling it as the Prequel to Narnia, the very start of Narnia etc... and Tilda needs to look young and beautiful as Jadis - they cannot recast HER!

It would be easier to present Will aged early 20s as a 15/16 year old (like Will M in LWW) than Tilda aged 50+ as young, vibrant and beautiful.

On the other hand, it would be hard to convince backers to finance SC after that, as people would have forgotten who Eustace IS.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby GlimGlum » Feb 19, 2011 10:23 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:I'm not gonna sugarcoat this... the same people who were pushing for MN to be made next feel Will P is perhaps too old already (or maybe in his case, too tall is more accurate).

Will definitely did look more mature and taller when I interviewed him in November, than he does in VDT. I would still want him to play Eustace and he was still willing to when I asked him.

But it is the studio bosses who have been making those decisions about younger actors and actresses for decades now. We'll just have to wait and see.

As far as the next movie goes, I defintely would prefer The Silver Chair. But the way things are, just to have another movie made I could go along with The Magician's Nephew. :ymapplause:

The book has grown on me each time I've read it and could be a really good movie. Also, I always thought this could be done as the shortest Narnia movie which should help keep the budget lower. B-)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby Jill_Pole » Feb 19, 2011 11:29 pm

Sorry, but wow, you interviewed Will Poulter! How in the name of all things holy did you do that? :-o

I think for the sake of continuity SC should be next, and also WP is growing up alot and quickly...

And apparently it is going to be a little while till they even Greenlight the movie, so if they could please hurry up so we get another movie quicker.....
please ;;)
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby GlimGlum » Feb 20, 2011 9:49 am

Jill_Pole wrote:Sorry, but wow, you interviewed Will Poulter! How in the name of all things holy did you do that? :-o

Sorry about that, Jill_Pole. :ymblushing: I should have included the link to the news story which I now do here. The interview was for NarniaWeb and the event was The Ice Palace Opening Ceremony, which was to promote VDT.
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby CharlotteRose » Feb 20, 2011 10:23 am

GlimGlum, I'm jelous of you :D
I deffinately agree with you about the age probloms with cast, but surely leaving Will Poulter to get any older would just make things worse? And Tilda Swinton is so beautiful that it would only take a wig and a bit of anti aging magic makeup to get her looking all enchanting and young!

Personally I really want SC next as it is my favourite story, it makes sense for it to come after VDT and if MN is next then it would be a bit jumpy. One minute you are saying goodbye to Lucy and Edmund and Eustace is basically told he will be comming back, the white witch HAS BEEN DEAD for ages and Wont come back again according to the books...and then all of a sudden you are back in time with two people who arn't Jill and Eustace and SHOCK HORROR! ( /:) ) the white witch has returned or rather emurged...AGAIN. I think people want a new villain now, because even that random Green Mist had something to do with WW.

Silver chair is a great story and could be an Epic (As they seem to like using that word) if they just stick to the story. Plus almost all audiences (Narnia fans or not) seemed to like Will Poulter, but MN would have no recongisable link to VDT, and in general a viewer likes to link to a good guy (One of the kids-Euatace seen in VDT and almost promised a return, and Jill Pole mentioned as a nod to fans about silver chair) as oppesed to a bad guy who in this case, is completely different to anything we have really seen from VDT. I hope that makes sense. :)
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Thats really cool you got to interview will poulter.
Attachments
narnia.jpg
narnia.jpg (39.49 KiB) Viewed 22614 times

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Feb 26, 2011 1:35 am

When I talked with Will Poulter, he seemed overly-anxious to begin work on Silver Chair. He told me he was "desperate" to return as Eustace.

Mark Johnson also thinks that SC would be the logical choice.

I can only assume that SC will be next, but the funding stuff that's been rumored seems to point in the opposite direction...
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 26, 2011 10:11 am

^Henceforth, 12, why I'm thinking they'll end up doing both. And they'd better too, because I think that's the only way we are going to see the series to it's completion. :-s
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Shastafan » Feb 26, 2011 11:14 am

I still feel very uneasy to both MN and SC possibly being done at the same time, but I agree this could be a really smart thing to do. I think they should come out at different times, though, if they do it this way. I can't imagine trying to watch both near the same time. So, there should be a pretty good-sized release gap between the two if they do it like this, but one that's not too big or too small. :)

It's also a good thing Will Poulter obviously wants to come back as Eustace in SC. I don't worry much about Will's age, but I worry if he would want to come back. #:-s

I want some answers on what's going on here soon! :-o
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 26, 2011 11:30 am

I guess he could play as Digory. He would be the right age. But i would rather see him in SC.
Attachments
narnia.jpg
narnia.jpg (39.49 KiB) Viewed 22589 times

Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wolfloversk » Feb 26, 2011 11:55 am

Shastafan wrote:I think they should come out at different times, though, if they do it this way. I can't imagine trying to watch both near the same time. So, there should be a pretty good-sized release gap between the two if they do it like this, but one that's not too big or too small. :)

I agree with this, I'd say realease MN in winter of 2012 and SC in winter 2013, or visa versa.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Jill_Pole » Feb 28, 2011 3:54 am

X( wish they would hurry up and greenlight the film!
I volunteer along with a lot of other actresses to play Jill
There is a lot of interest!
COME ON!!!

still very jealous that you got to interview an actor! I wish I could do that
How did you get to, and what were they like?
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby The Just King » Feb 28, 2011 3:47 pm

Personally, I would like to see Silver Chair done next, then HHB, MN, and LB. Perhaps some of the controversy has been caused by Perry Moore's father saying the Perry told him he had secured the funding for the Magician's Nephew the night before he died. (My condolences to Mr. Moore's family.)

But what if it is a ray of hope, rather than a beacon of despair? Perhaps Mr. Moore meant that he had secured funding for Magician's Nephew in addition to Silver Chair and HHB. You see, I think he meant that he was planning that far ahead, and if so, that means that Silver Chair and HHB (at least) are sure things.

Any thoughts?
Gentle, Magnificent, Valiant and Just. To these I pledge my allegiance.

Will Poulter IS Eustace :)

Member of the Edmund Club. PM me to join!

The Just King
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Shastafan » Feb 28, 2011 5:21 pm

That could be right, but I doubt they've been thinking about HHB right now. Besides once, I haven't heard anything about HHB possibly being greenlit. I think the movie makers have been leaning towards doing MN before HHB for some time now.

But there is a chance that both SC and MN will be made around the same time. I think MN will definitely be made first at the moment, but I could be wrong. If SC is made first, and they're made about the same time, I would be very happy. :)

At the moment, though, I don't think we've heard much about what's going on here. Apparently, Walden wants to do MN first now, but I guess we'll have to see what happens, and if SC will be made anytime soon.
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 28, 2011 5:58 pm

If they make MN, it will probably be the last narnia movie made. Unless people want to see it better than SC, which i don't think is going to happen.

puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext