This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ramandu's Daughter in SC

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Ramandu's Daughter in SC

Postby De_De » Jul 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Eustace, I really like the gown, I think it would look better in a pale green, a veeeeeeeery pale green, or blue. I just LOOOOVED the Midnight Tiara, I mean it is exactly what I imagined, but I couldn't quite find it. Wow, it's just perfect!
I think something like this would be great for the hunting dress when Lilliandil dies.
http://armstreet.com/store/clothes/medi ... n-princess
It has this nice forresty feel to it. Kind of shows that she totally adapted toward human life so to speak
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby ValiantArcher » Sep 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Eustace and De_De, both of the dresses you posted are quite pretty and I think they'd be good inspirations. :) I'm not quite sold on the colours on either of them, though----I'm still thinking light or bright colours. :)

De_De, good point about showing that she's completely adapted to human life (...unless they want to go the other direction, which would stink :P)!

Drawing on what wagga said earlier about the elements and her burial, do you think they'd want to show a strong connection to the earth (as opposed to the sky or sea) with, say, browns and greens, or just to Narnia with, emm, whatever colours Narnians are wearing (maybe some red and gold accents?)? Just tossing some ideas around here---throw them back as interested. ;))
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 29, 2014 1:29 am

I couldn't see the necklace however I love the crown and dress you've posted Meltintalle. I can already see Lilliandil getting crowned with it and marrying Caspian in that dress although I would love to see it longer, but the coloring is perfect for the star's daughter and I love the trimming and the bare shoulder length and, and... I want to go on but the more I look at the picture the more I want this dress. haha. Still very perfect for RD. :-bd
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Meltintalle » Apr 30, 2014 5:42 pm

Why, thank you, Damsel! To be honest, I'd forgotten I'd posted it. ;)) But I quite like it (still? again?) for Ramandu's daughter and I agree on the length. :)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 10, 2014 12:49 pm

I've always imagined Caspian's queen as wearing gowns like these: Leighton's The Accolade and Tristan and Isolde. (The colors are off on the last one, but doesn't she look so much like Ramandu's Daughter? She even bears a strong resemblance to Laura Brent!)

However, I wonder if those might be a bit too grand. While there's a reasonable chance that we might see her in her finery during funeral proceedings, I would imagine that it's more likely we'll see her in something like this during the maying.

I do hope that her Narnian gowns look subtly different than those of Susan and Lucy, though. Perhaps more shimmering, luminescent fabrics, though nothing over the top, of course.
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 31, 2014 1:52 pm

I know I'm double-posting, but I ran across this dress the other day on Google and it made me think of something that Ramandu's Daughter might wear as her wedding gown. Obviously, I think it would need to be a bit more ornate and queenly, but I like the shoulder detail—it's a nod towards her original, sleeveless style without sacrificing the grandeur of flowing sleeves. Paired with a long veil of lace and a delicate, starry crown, I can easily imagine Lilliandil dressed as such while standing at the alter with Caspian.

Hopefully we'll actually get to see a glimpse of that scene in the film; I can imagine that they could show it during the flashback scene at the Parliament of Owls.
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 31, 2014 3:33 pm

Reading your post I suddenly started to wonder: would it be weird for the daughter of a star to wear star representations in her hair? Would stars have some sort of cultural taboo about that?

...never mind, it's a great idea and I'm overthinking this. :p
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 31, 2014 3:44 pm

Lol! That's a funny thought. ;)) It would be strange, though, in a way, because they think of stars as being people, not little multi-spired shapes.

I can also imagine her wearing a garland of flowers in her hair on her wedding day... perhaps some of these lovelies. :D Still, she would probably need a crown, and since Susan and Lucy had flowers in the designs of their crowns... maybe silver fireflowers? The only problem with that is nobody know what a fireflower looks like. ;))
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby PhelanVelvel » Aug 28, 2014 8:01 pm

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:Lol! That's a funny thought. ;)) It would be strange, though, in a way, because they think of stars as being people, not little multi-spired shapes.

I can also imagine her wearing a garland of flowers in her hair on her wedding day... perhaps some of these lovelies. :D Still, she would probably need a crown, and since Susan and Lucy had flowers in the designs of their crowns... maybe silver fireflowers? The only problem with that is nobody know what a fireflower looks like. ;))

They look like this:

ImageImageImage

Common knowledge, Rose! :P
PhelanVelvel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 28, 2014 8:11 pm

PhelanVelvel wrote:They look like this:

ImageImageImage

Common knowledge, Rose! :P

Haha! =)) That's brilliant. I'm never going to read those passages about fireflowers the same way ever again. :))
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Anfinwen » Sep 05, 2015 10:42 am

De_De wrote:EustaceI think something like this would be great for the hunting dress when Lilliandil dies.
http://armstreet.com/store/clothes/medi ... n-princess

I like that one, but I think I like "The Accolade" (based on a painting by Edmund Blair Leighton of the same name) better, or the Rowena dress. I love velvet, and spring in the north can be a bit chilly.
Here is a painting by John Collier called "Queen Guinevere's Maying"
I usually imagine RD looking like Hudson Talbott's illustrations of Guinevere.Image
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous