This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lilliandil Costume

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Lilliandil Costume

Postby Aravis Narnia » Aug 05, 2011 5:28 pm

I finally debuted my Lilliandil costume! I do not know if anyone else has cosplayed her yet- but I have not found any pictures anywhere.

I did buy the dress on Ebay and made some small modifications. I re-used the wig, contact lenses, lilies, and Aslan plooshie from previous costumes.

Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Re: Lilliandil Costume

Postby Aravis Narnia » Aug 06, 2011 3:55 am

And here is a second picture of the costume. Notice how clear the Star of David on the Aslan plooshie looks:

Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Meltintalle » Aug 06, 2011 12:39 pm

I really like how you accessorize your costumes. :) The dress is lovely by itself, but the addition of Aslan makes it more meaningful.

Is there a significance to the lilies? If there's an obvious one, I'm drawing a blank. :ymblushing:
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Aravis Narnia » Aug 06, 2011 6:02 pm

Well, the character's name IS Lilliandil :)

That, and I often carry flowers as a prop. And lilies do look like stars. So I thought the lilies would be suitable for Lilliandil.
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Meltintalle » Aug 07, 2011 10:26 am

Aravis Narnia wrote:Well, the character's name IS Lilliandil :)

OH! That would be the obvious connection that I missed. ;)) White lilies are also associated with purity and majesty which is appropriate for a queen and a star. :)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Meltintalle wrote:OH! That would be the obvious connection that I missed. ;)) White lilies are also associated with purity and majesty which is appropriate for a queen and a star. :)

There's also the lilies in the water, at world's end. Which is close to Ramandu's Island.

Lovely costume, Aravis. :) And I love that Aslan plushie, by the way. Too adorable. :D

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Menelve » Jul 31, 2012 7:52 pm

Another gorgeous cosplay from you, Aravis! I'd wear that dress for everyday wear. Are you going to wear it for normal day to day apparel?

~Anna
Menelve
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 31, 2012 9:30 pm

Lovely job, Aravis! The lilies were a nice touch--like Ithilwen, I thought of the lilies at the end of the world. ;)

...Also, can I have that Aslan plushie? Please? It is adorable and I don't have a lion stuffed animal of any kind. o.o :P Nice touch.
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Hermitess of Narnia » Aug 25, 2012 10:30 am

Nice, it's hard to get a clear view of the dress in the movie so I'm grateful you posted yours. Holding a lily stem is also a very nice touch.
Hermitess of Narnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby christinesousa12 » Sep 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Nice look Aravis! You look very pretty wearing the Lilliandil costume. The touch of lilies and Aslan plooshie added to the beauty of the outfit. ;;)

I was also looking for pictures of cosplayers wearing the Lilliandil costume, and some Kostüme für Kinder but I failed to find one. Maybe the cosplayers are too lazy to post photos.
christinesousa12
NarniaWeb Newbie