This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

White Witch garb...

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

White Witch garb...

Postby Amber-Ember » Sep 09, 2009 3:38 am

Hey,

I visited the wardrobe door website which is fantastic! It made me decide to go for the White Witch as a new year villainess. I have choosen to go for the 'turkish delight' White Witch as thats the one that everyone will know.
However does anybody have any ideas on how to make her crown and how to get around the white fox mantle? As I really don't want to spend a ton of money on something that can get ruined in one night. :((
And does anyone know what sort of shoes she wears? I want to look as much like her as I can without trying to throw money away down the drain if they get ruined by some silly people...

Thanking you

Amber-Ember :D
Amber-Ember
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: White Witch garb...

Postby Lady Éowyn » Sep 09, 2009 7:13 am

Many people used clear Christmas icicle ornaments for her crown, just gluing them to a base that fits below a wig or below your own hair. For the mantle, most people just fake it with a cloak made of fake fur fabric. This lady, Mich, cut hers into little "animal pelt" shapes and sewed those together into a mantle.

You can see two shots of her shoes here and here... They're boots with high platform heels to make her taller, covered in a fabric similar to whatever dress she's wearing at the time. They weren't really made to be seen, I don't think, just function.

Is there anyone here who made a WW costume?
Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Amber-Ember » Sep 10, 2009 7:03 am

Sorry about the late reply...
Thank you for the advice.
I have found a dress on eBay but I am waiting on some more pictures.
That Lady looks like the real deal the best one I have seen yet! I'm unsure were to get the right sort of oranza from though. Do you have any ideas?
Thanks again
Amber-Ember
Amber-Ember
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby jadis of narnia » Sep 13, 2009 4:55 pm

Hey all..

This dress was a royal pain for me to do as well, and I left out my crown.. that thing was so heavy and annoying.. but even without the crown, people still recognized my dress.. :D

here's a link of my turkish delight dress gallery that I took pics of this past July, if ya wanna check it out:

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/232743/

I went with a way more simple look, and I'm gonna add a long white fur scarf to the cloak this year for Halloween to give it a touch of fur..

but it's not bad for something done the easy way.. but I could never go as far with the ice crown as Mich did.. She's got some skills.. ^_^

~ jadis
jadis of narnia

Postby Amber-Ember » Sep 15, 2009 7:32 am

Thank you Jardis of Narnia,

I checked out those photos they aren't that bad at all! I dont think I can do to the extent that Mich has and I dont think my mother - in - law would help that much! How did you dye the bottom of your dress? Or did you buy it like that?
I went in to Barnstaple on saturday and a lady in a craft shop said about 'chemcial dying' by "holding" the dress in the dye whilst its wet and bringing it up gradually so the dye gets darker as its towards the bottom. It sounds very hard to get it right though. Also what materals did you use? I was looking at some calourco but I dont know how well that will work felt is to expenisve! :((

Thanks again
Amber Ember
:p
Amber-Ember
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby jadis of narnia » Sep 15, 2009 7:53 pm

I took a simple white sheet and made my skirt out of it, then mixed RIT blue dye with water and poured it into a water bottle that had holes(needle size) in the top, then I sprinkled the watered-down dye all over the fabric while it was laying flat on the ground.. somewhat hard to do.. ya might wanna practice on a piece of white spare material first for this method.. I did..

and the shirt was store bought, I just tucked it into my skirt and pinned it to my under skirt.. and the cloak was made from white sheets, too.. I make nearly all my costumes from sheets.. lol.. they're very easy to work with..

~ jadis
jadis of narnia

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 18, 2009 8:19 pm

I saw a girl dressed as The White Witch and she wore an old wedding gown with a piece of white material draped over her shoulders and she had constructed pieces of foam into points and pasted them to a head band and put it on her head for a crown! it looked awesome!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Alice_WL » Dec 19, 2009 6:57 am

I'm currently making a light blonde/light brown yarn wig for my jadis costume.. I wanted the wig to be made of yarn 'cause:
1. yarn is super easy for me to work with when wig-making..
2. the yarn looks a lot like the root-like material that jadis's (movie version, tilda) hair was made of..

I'll take new pics of it when I get it finished.. but I'm not making the crown.. the wig's weight is enough for me.. I can't add too much weight or I'll start feeling light-headed or dizzy.. not cool.. >.<

but I would've liked to have seen this girl's costume.. :(
"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 19, 2009 7:35 am

I am making a last minute Jadis out fit.....a bathrobe that is white. my, arn't I original! 8-} :D :D
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Alice_WL » Dec 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Liberty Hoffman - Yup, that's very origonal.. ^^ will you be posting pictures of it here? :S
"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 19, 2009 4:02 pm

I have not even tried it on.....I am still looking for a skirt to go underneath it and shoes..... :p :D :D
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master