This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Construction and Completion

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Construction and Completion

Postby :-)Narnia » Feb 15, 2011 6:40 am

The just king,

You totally should! I think that kind of costume would be unique and interesting esp for halloween.
I'm a Narnia freak
:-)Narnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Just King » Feb 15, 2011 9:51 am

Thank you! :D Unfortunately, I am dealing with a lack of budget. :( Hopefully one day soon....
Gentle, Magnificent, Valiant and Just. To these I pledge my allegiance.

Will Poulter IS Eustace :)

Member of the Edmund Club. PM me to join!

The Just King
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby LittleLionTamer » Mar 03, 2011 2:58 am

Last year I randomly had the urge to cosplay Lilliandil with a dress that I've sewn already for another costume and a wig that I used for my Lady Amalthea cosplay, but I thought it would fit to her. By that time, not many screenshots of Laura Brent have been published, so I used a very pretty drawning that I found on Google as reference.

Anyhow this is my very spontanous result:

http://wish-uponastar.deviantart.com/ar ... 7273&qo=39

http://wish-uponastar.deviantart.com/ar ... 7273&qo=38

And a little joke because I just had to :D

http://wish-uponastar.deviantart.com/ga ... 4#/d2tx9t5

But yeah, it was just random and spontanous. I am atm starting to sew Susan's farewell dress and hope it works out as I hope it will :D
"But I'm always dreaming, even when I'm awake; it is never finished."
LittleLionTamer
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Milana » Mar 21, 2011 3:00 pm

I sewed my sister the dress Lucy wears at the end of Prince Caspian, when they leave Narnia (I wasn't going for an exact copy, just something similar):
Lucy costume
costume with cape (the cape is actually taken from the coronation scene in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe)
my graphics: http://milanaop.deviantart.com/
Milana
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby LittleLionTamer » Apr 22, 2011 3:42 am

I finally was able to start with my Susan Farewell dress last Saturday after problems with finding the right blue fabric. Because I did not find any, I decided to draw the pattern on it myself once I have done all the sewing. It WILL be a task and I have no idea where my mind was as I decided to do so, but, I know that at least then I will have an accurate pattern that looks as the original does! Sometimes I hate being such a perfectionist. But, I have already tried it out on a piece of fabric and it looks good.

So, anyway, this is how far I came with the sewing already :D I am very, very proud of my work, I did not think I would make it when I started it, but I really like how it turned out. What I still have to do is to add the neckline to the underdress, finish the golden trim on the sleeves. For the underdress, I have to add the interfacing and work a bit on the form so it does not have these stupid wrinkles on my waist, I have to shorten both dresses and add the seam and I have to put the trim on it as well. And then.. going for the painting part.
Any way :D I hope you guys like how it turned out so far.

LittleLionTamer
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lu_valient » Apr 22, 2011 8:11 am

That's BEAUTIFUL Little Lion Tamer! You really got it right!
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby LittleLionTamer » Apr 27, 2011 4:04 am

Making off Part 2! :P

Basically I am nearly finished so far and I am very, VERY proud that I made it. There are still some things that I don't like the way they are, but I am trying to fix them today. I still have to put on the trim on the sleeves, but since I am doing that by hand I don't need to rush. I have sewed everything that needed to be done by sewing machine and can take the dress now to Ireland (where I don't have a sewing machine) and do the hand sewing there :D And, of course, paint the pattern on the fabric. I need to work a bit on the wing of the neckline, but so far so good, I am VERY happy with the outturn. I have to mention that, therefor I am not a professional tailor and never truly learned to sew professional, I can be proud of my work :) I hope you like the result!

LittleLionTamer
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Meltintalle » May 02, 2011 2:23 pm

You've done a lovely job, LittleLionTamer! It looks like the movie costume even without the detailing that you plan on adding. :ymapplause:
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby LittleLionTamer » May 31, 2011 8:55 am

Phew, now that the Con is over and I am back home in Germany I have finally found some time to sort through the pictures I took that weekend. And I am also able to present the dress in it's (almost) finished version!
What is still missing are the brown details on the flowers but I had no time left and I will do that now sometime soon. I also am not TOO fond of the underdress but I do love the puffy sleeves and with some time I'll work on it too! Now, all in one, I am really really proud of my work and really curious to see what you guys think =)

LittleLionTamer
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Meltintalle » May 31, 2011 9:07 am

:-o I liked it before, but this is fantastic! You've done an absolutely wonderful job painting the fabric! :D :ymapplause:
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Milana » Jun 01, 2011 3:56 am

*gasps* that is unbelievable! I love it! you did a very good job with the whole dress, and the flowers are great :-bd
my graphics: http://milanaop.deviantart.com/
Milana
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Adeona » Jun 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Milana, your Lucy costume is really sweet! You did a really good job putting it together, and the fabric you choose is quite accurate in color and print! :) Thanks for posting the pictures!

LittleLionTamer, your Lilliandil costume is very pretty! You captured the feel of the movie costume well. :)
The Farewell dress is absolutely amazing! :-o :ymapplause: :ymapplause: It looks very like the original costume. Beautiful, stunning job! You have some great sewing skills, I would say. :)

That inspires me to work on getting my little Lucy tunic a little closer to the movie version...
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Alice_WL » Jul 06, 2011 6:48 pm

LittleLionTamer - Your Susan dress is stunning!! Very lovely work..

As for me, I'm thinking about making Lucy's Battle Dress and making my own version of the White Witch's Turkish Delight gown.. Should be fun.. ^_^
"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Kristi » Jul 14, 2011 3:47 pm

I'm working on an adult version of Lucy's Camp Dress right now. Well, my friend made the dress, but I'm making the belt. The leather tooling is taking a LONG time...hope it'll be ready for Comic Con next Friday. Stilll, here's a start, with a picture of the belt tip hardware I fabricated:

Kristi
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby QueenSusanJ316 » Sep 13, 2011 11:21 am

I am constructing Susan's coronation dress. I bought some pale blue velvet for the dress but was wondering if anyone had any suggestion for the gold embroidery?
PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!
QueenSusanJ316
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby AslansChild » Sep 13, 2011 3:58 pm

If you look above at LittleLionTamer's post ^^^^...she painted the flowers on. (And did a smashing job on it, I might add. :ymapplause: :-bd )

If you want some close up photo's off the dress, here's a good place:

http://costumes.narniaweb.com/caspiansusanfarewell.asp

"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext