This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Construction and Completion

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Construction and Completion

Postby KJane » Oct 31, 2009 10:45 pm

Here is a picture of the red velvet bag I sewed for King Peter's sword. I hope everyone enjoys it.
Attachments
Sword Bag.pdf
Bag to store King Peter's Sword
(119.16 KiB) Downloaded 880 times
KJane
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lu_valient » Nov 01, 2009 7:07 am

that is really cool
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnia_lover127 » Nov 23, 2009 5:48 pm

i finally got my dad to take a few pics of the dress i finished. i made Susan's green archery dress from the first movie. i know it's not perfect, but i'm pretty happy since it's the first big thing that i've made and i don't have a sewing machine.

Also, my dad said i could post the pictures as long as my face didn't show, sho that is what is up with the smily face

http://i48.tinypic.com/11v0h2x.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2mxr3bo.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2i7r2wj.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2rnkg3p.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/afg5y0.jpg
or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch,Peter~Lucy

Avvie,sig:me!
narnia_lover127
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Meltintalle » Nov 24, 2009 8:45 am

You sewed the dress by hand, narnia_lover127? It came out very nicely! I particularly admire the hemline. :)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby TheGentleWarrior » Nov 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Wow, that's a beautiful dress, narnia_lover127!! I agree with Meltintalle, it came out very nicely! :) Great work! :ymapplause:
Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!
TheGentleWarrior
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby jadis of narnia » Nov 29, 2009 7:48 am

Wow.. Glad to see people haven't given up costume making.. the pics are great.. :)

as for me, I just ordered a long, blonde wig online for my jadis(white witch) cosplay costumes and it should be here next week sometime.. I'll be sure to upload the pic galleries of my white witch costumes when I re-take photos of them.. they should come out looking very nice.. ^^
jadis of narnia

Postby narnia_lover127 » Dec 02, 2009 1:02 pm

wow, thank you so much. :ymblushing:

narnia_lover127
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Meltintalle » Dec 22, 2009 9:20 am

So, here is a picture of my latest Narnian project:

And, if you're interested in reading about how I made it, you can go here. :)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby narnia_lover127 » Dec 22, 2009 6:11 pm

That is cool Meltintalle! totally Narnianish but can be used anywhere!

narnia_lover127
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby QueenSusanJ316 » Jan 13, 2010 7:03 am

Hello,
I have made several Narnian costumes with my mom which include Susan's green archery dress, her cape that goes with it, Susan's play clothes, Susan's hide and seek outfit, Susan's school outfit from Prince Caspian, her purple dress, her castle raid outfit, and her battle outfit. I also made a trial coronation gown in blue and red. I am now looking for some material for her coronation gown and any suggestions about making it. Oh yes, I also am working on the sandals for her green dress. As you can probably tell I am crazy about Narnia :) , I even molded and painted her quiver, made her crown, satchel, and belt for the green dress, and bought the horn. If anyone could help me with any suggestions about her coronation dress from The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe that would be great!
PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!
QueenSusanJ316
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 16, 2010 10:09 am

I feel almost silly compaired to ya'll! I can do sewing (a.k.a. mending) but I don't really know how to work a sewing machine! when I make costumes, I always (not because I really have to) use what I have in the house. I made Lucy's PC out fit (the red dress). here's what I did. I found a shirt that I had with bell sleaves that was red. for the bodice, I found a sleave-less shirt that had a pale green and white design on it. I found a green-ish blue-ish skirt for the first layer. then I took a long red skirt and cut it all the way to the waistband. I put the green/blue skirt on and put the red skirt on top of that one. the cut I had made in the red skirt showed the blue/green skirt underneath.then I put the red bell sleaved shirt on and the green/white patterned sleave-less top over that. that may not sound like much of a costume, but ask Glenstorm The Great ( she saw me in the outfit): I looked a lot like Lucy!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Alice_WL » Jan 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Certainly sounds interesting for a costume.. ^^

I certainly don't have the money for expensive fabrics and such, so I make my costumes out of sheets or store bought clothing.. easily done.. ^^

I was actually planning (sometime this coming Spring) on making Lucy's LWW camp dress from a long sleeved, blue shirt and skirt I had, and using a red sheet to make the cloak and belt..

I have the cordial bottle already.. and pretty much the hair cut.. but I need to wait for the weather to warm up some.. maybe around late February to early March?.. Oh, and I have a long sleeved, white shirt to wear up under the blue shirt.. though the sleeves of my blue shirt aren't the same as Lucy's dress, but that's not too much of a big deal for me..

Fun. ..and hopefully I can take pics of my white witch (turkish delight scene) costume with my wig I'm making soon.. I took pics of my frost covered yard a few mornings ago and I'm gonna paste myself into them, wearing the turkish delight dress.. they should look nice.. can't wait.. ^^
"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 17, 2010 7:00 pm

I am in the works (even though it's 11 months before the VotDT release date) of making a Lucy out fit for VotDT! this one is the easiest out fit I have done so far because: I found a pair of blue-ish/green-ish sweat pants and they are a bit big on me, so they work perfectly! then, I found a white colared shirt and a brown v-neck sweater. I put on the pants and the shirt, turned up the colar of the shirt and put on the sweater. I showed my mom and she loved it! I am now looking for some sort of vest to complete the out fit.....
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Alice_WL » Jan 27, 2010 7:08 am

Hey all..

well, I recieved 2 black sheets today so now I can make jadis's stone table dress.. ^^ and yes, I figured out a way to make the bird wing on her shoulder.. It will involve black material, safety pins and some pipe cleaner wire (aka fuzzy craft wire, as some call it.. ^^) and I'm using my blond yarn wig for this one.. I don't want any store/website bought wig - they're uncomfortable, don't look very good on me, and their uncomfortableness takes all the fun out of wearing the costume..

and I also finished the blue cloak for my charn dress yesterday.. I'm gonna wear my brown wig for this one to give some difference between jadis's hair in charn and her hair in Narnia at the time of LWW.. I'll update with progress and up load pics when I take them.. ^^ c ya 4 now.. :)
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby tenthofthatname » Mar 04, 2010 8:17 pm

I love seeing the work many of you have accomplished! A friend and I are working on the costumes from The Door in the Air, specifically for Peter and Caspian. The set from the Night Raid is also in progress though the Farewell set is our first priority. Keep the pictures coming!
tenthofthatname
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Alice_WL » Mar 15, 2010 3:19 pm

As soon as I take the pics of my costumes, I'll upload them.. but I can't be in no hurry right now due to the weather change, it's still too cold and it has me very ill.. and I can't take pics indoors cause the lighting inside is terrible no matter what camera setting I use.. I have to wait until I can get outside again when the weather warms up.. :(

but on an up note, I have my stone table dress made up.. and I also made some hair extensions out of blonde/light brown yarn to attach to my own hair..

and I used blonde colored yarn to make a simple, long haired wig for my battle dress costume.. It looks really good, actually.. though I didn't add that annoying golden head dress of jadis's.. it doesn't stay on very well with the wig.. ^-^
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext