This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lucy in PC

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Lucy in PC

Postby Aslans-mane » Nov 18, 2010 11:36 am

who knows how to make lucys outfit from PC? Im making it and need to know how to make the top. :-\
signature by A_Narnian_Ship
Aslans-mane
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Lucy in PC

Postby Meltintalle » Nov 18, 2010 10:13 pm

The red Narnian outfit, Aslans-mane?

Have you checked The Wardrobe Door?
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Aslans-mane » Nov 21, 2010 5:42 pm

I forgot about that *smack on the head* thanx. ;) ;)
Aslans-mane
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Meltintalle » Nov 21, 2010 10:26 pm

No problem. ;)

If that doesn't provide enough help/ideas, I can probably dig up a couple dress diaries as well.
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby coracle » Nov 27, 2010 3:19 am

I used two layers, a soft stone grey fabric under-bodice with the rust red sleeves attached (I had cut them off a mock velvet shirt), and a silk bodice over it. My cutting wasn't perfect so my overbodice wasn't quite right, but it gave the right look.

(I still had the remains of the shirt in my material box, and have just turned the body of the shirt into Lucy's red tunic for VDT by cutting off the collar and tidying it up a bit).
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Aslans-mane » Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm

I just got material today for the top. I can't wait till next week!!!! :D its so close
Aslans-mane
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Anfinwen » Jan 25, 2011 2:40 pm

From looking at the pictures in the Narniaweb image gallery, It seems to me that the skirt of the outfit is unattached to the bodice. There is one image in the PC cast section where they are outside talking to the director and lucy has her arms around Peter's neck and you can clearly see the skirt waistband apart from the bodice. It would probably be easier to make as two separate pieces.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Quinlin » Feb 03, 2011 6:06 pm

The Wardrobe Door does certainly offer wonderful photographs and detailed design tips for all the costumes. From looking at Lucy's dress, it seems fairly simple to make, seeing that it doesn't have many patterns. Here are some suggestions: For the sleeves of course, you can use a simple velvet red/burgundy fabric. The hardest part to replicate would be the main bodice. Since you can't find the exact same fabric as hers, I would suggest that you pick something similar with a flowery/swirling pattern the same color of the fabric, so it blends. Most stores have a large selection, besides a unique twist of your own choice would be neat. For the trimmings, they sell thicker 'ribbonish' (I don't know how else to describe it :p ) designed fabrics that you can cut to the shape of the edges.

The Lady Arwen Undómiel wrote:From looking at the pictures in the Narniaweb image gallery, It seems to me that the skirt of the outfit is unattached to the bodice.

I do notice and agree with that, Lady Arwen! Being a skirt, that makes it so much easier to create. At least you don't have to stitch the two parts together and I figure it'll fit nicer with it being a two piece. Now those color fabrics are easy to find.

I wish you luck, Aslan's-mane! I'm sure your Lucy dress will come out lovely!
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Postby Anfinwen » Feb 04, 2011 1:31 pm

I only thought it would be easier because instead of looking for a dress pattern that looks like the original or piecing patterns together; one could just find a pattern that looked like the top and another that looked like the skirt.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut