This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ramandu's Daughter (Original Ideas)

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Ramandu's Daughter

Postby Weapon Master » Sep 10, 2009 9:39 pm

After looking at some of those fabric swatches posted by Lady Eowyn, I still think that they should go for a darker blue for the costume. A darker shade would not only mirror the night sky, but would really make a nice contrast with the fair figure and hair of the character. My favorite of the ones posted is the Royal Blue Charmeuse Satin. This is pretty close to the shade of lapis lazuli I imagined.
Weapon Master
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby *Aezelle* » Sep 11, 2009 2:55 am

Great pictures Lady E. The fabrics you posted were also simply lovely. I too always imaged some type of blue. A silvery blue definitely and flowing. I the draping of the Grecian dresses. They are so beautiful. I think some sparkle would be pretty.

I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me Phil 4:13

Engaged!
*Aezelle*
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby IloveFauns » Sep 13, 2009 1:16 am

I think something like a long straight night gown. Since she dose come out of the hill side with a candle(at least that's what i remember)
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Lady of the Green Kirtle » Sep 25, 2009 5:17 pm

I picture it looking something like Galadriel's dress in The Fellowship of the Ring
That's why I'm going to stand by the play world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia. -Puddleglum
Lady of the Green Kirtle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Wunderkind4HIM » Sep 29, 2009 12:16 pm

http://www.eveningarwen.com/modules/catalog/products/13/Medieval-Gown-with-Corset-Ice-Blue/
I like these pics and this is basically the colour I was thinking for RD. I would choose a simpler version but I really like it.

The book says that her dress is loose and flowing...I think.
something like http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.42818649.jpg
only not as sheer :D
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C. S. Lewis
Wunderkind4HIM
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby aslansothername » Oct 01, 2009 3:03 pm

I just found
bluedress-sketch.jpg
this drawing
bluedress-sketch.jpg (90.13 KiB) Viewed 16179 times
,and I think the design would be perfect for RD. Of course the material should be shimmery I think.
Want to become an informed American teen?
http://www.t4at.webs.com/
aslansothername
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 08, 2009 1:53 pm

It looks very lord of the rings... i would like it if it was a bit more original.
I have a drawing but I'm not quite sure how to upload it into my post(copy and paste does not work) Can anyone explain how?
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Meltintalle » Oct 08, 2009 2:47 pm

A_Narnian_Ship, if you click on Preview it will bring up a different posting window. There, you'll see a tab that says Upload attachment underneath the Preview and Submit submit buttons. Click that, and then click the choose file button. That will allow you to find the file on your computer. Then click add the file and when you hit submit, it should show up. :)

PM me if you're still having problems, though!
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby LimeWarrior » Oct 10, 2009 9:50 am

There is the great costume in the movie "The Fall." I would like something similar but in white and silver.

---'%%%%'---
'%(}%%%{)%'
%/...0._.0...\%
-%(.~.\/.~.)%-
--'%\._|_./%'--
Of course he isn't safe. But he's good.
LimeWarrior
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Wunderkind4HIM » Oct 11, 2009 9:43 pm

I kind of like it but I have always thought of RD as very pure and innocent (like a star), not seductive and that is what this dress makes me think of but it is pretty :-\ ;)

This dress I have the same problem with the top but I love the- uh- skirt that comes down from the top :-s
http://media.photobucket.com/image/alic ... /alice.jpg

I still have not figured out the posting pics in my post
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C. S. Lewis
Wunderkind4HIM
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narnian_at_heart » Oct 13, 2009 8:19 am

I think both of those dresses (Padme and Arwen's) are gorgeous but they're not quite what I imagined for RD. I always imagined it to be a very simple dress. Tank style with a simple round neckline and a long skirt that's kind of, for lack of a better word, poofy.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Arwen_Undomiel » Oct 21, 2009 4:24 pm

I absolutely love all of the costumes in LOTR, since we're somewhat on the topic anyways, and the one of Arwen's is gorgeous. I also like Padme's. I think an Elven-style dress would work out great for Ramandu's daughter.
What I am really wondering is... since Caspian didn't really kiss Susan, how are they going to fit in him marrying Ramandu's daughter? Sorry, I know this isn't really as relevant as it could be...
:-o
Arwen_Undomiel
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby RoseRed » Oct 23, 2009 5:16 pm

wunderkind4HIM I love that alice dress you posted!!
I think all the basics should be in line with what Lewis wrote, to keep the majority of fans happy and to stay true to the text. that means long, flowing, light blue and sleeveless (as much as I am interested by the idea of a dark lapiz lazuli colour ;) )
other than that I say the idea of pleats and drapes really works, though I'm not too sure about much embellishment. it may be pretty, but think about the effect that might have on screen, with everyone look at the dress instead of her IN the dress, if you know what I mean. I love Lady Eowyns idea of some sort of cape or drape thing that is pulled back after she enters, would work well on screen too I think. :)

* sigh * I've been wondering what this dress will look like for so long, I just really want to see it now!! :D (I really hope it's good too :-s )
RoseRed
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Nov 01, 2009 4:52 am

here is a style i was fooling with last night. You can't really tell from the image, but the dark blue is her sleeves(i took your advice and made them like Eowyns). The dress is silver with a semitransparent overdress of shimmering blue.
Attachments
Ramandu's Daughter sketch.jpg
Ramandu's Daughter sketch.jpg (66.2 KiB) Viewed 16022 times
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lady Galadriel » Nov 07, 2009 6:42 pm

Arwen's dream dress sounds interesting for Ramda -- I like the pattern and shade of the gown -- but I really don't like the thought of Ramda wearing something as transparent as that. So what about the styling more of Arwen's bridge dress in FotR, only in a blue color? It's been described as "romantic."
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Fire Fairy » Nov 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Lady Éowyn wrote:This is the dress in the book I have that first sent me off looking for more Madame Grés designs—in fact, that's the book, page 480 and 481—but it looks like Google books didn't scan that first image too well. In the book it's stunning.
... Lewis said her arms were bare, so I'd love for her to have some drapey wing-like sleeves that are split at the outside of the arm at the shoulder. Bare arms and sleeves. :D

I really like this dress!! And I absolutely love your idea of the split sleeves. I think that they would look absolutely stunning. And I agree with most everyone that Ramda's dress should be a silver-blue. I never really had an image in my mind of what her actual dress would look like, but from reading people's posts, an idea is starting to come together in my head. Somehow I think she would look great in a silver-blue, flowing gown, and to top it all off, I can kind of see her with silver stars and "vines" in her hair (not really vines, but more like silver/organic material in her hair. I don't think something metallic would look very good, but silver and organic sounds perfect).
Member of the Dragon Lovers Club. PM FrecklefaceJill to join.

Avy & Sig by Ithilwen--thank you!
Fire Fairy
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext