This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ramandu's Daughter (Actual Movie Costume)

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Ramandu's Daughter (Actual Movie Costume)

Postby Lady Éowyn » Jun 17, 2010 7:51 am

So it is white. Perhaps your sister just made it look blue... once it's washed out that much you can't exactly restore the color and know that it's right. :)

She glows blue, though! The skirt is wide and drapey, yay. The V-inset is there, but I'm not sure about the short sleeves under the little cap sleeves that I saw in the display—in the trailer shot, her arms look bare.

Also, it looks like she's wearing a little bracelet on her right hand.
Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 17, 2010 10:24 pm

No if you look closely at her under dress it is a sparkly light blue. Her over sheer dress is what's white. I 'm reckoning from her huge glow. Her dress is blue.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Jun 18, 2010 8:53 am

Damsel, you are more than welcome to think the dress is a light blue. I can't tell with 100% certainty what color it is. But the more I look at it, the more I agree it's white as well. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree until we get more photos or she stops glowing blue to tell for sure. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Lady Éowyn » Jun 18, 2010 10:08 am

I know with digital grading they can do what they like, but it seems to me that white actually glows blue better than blue does. Kind of like the way midnight blue fabric actually looks like a deeper, darker black in dim indoor lights than black does! But we'll have to see.

Hopefully this dress will go on exhibit somewhere, or perhaps we'll have some behind the scenes pictures to show us the non-glowy details. :)
Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby icarus » Jun 18, 2010 10:20 am

It might be a neat idea for any costumers out there to actually try and incorporate RD's blue glowyness into their costuming creations. Not sure how you would do it, maybe sew some ultra-violet glow-sticks into the costume somewhere and get some UV Glow Body Paint for the face? Could be pretty fun on a dark Halloween night ;)
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 18, 2010 11:56 am

It's just here in this picture her dress looks blue. It seems as though when she's transforming into a star form her glow sort of decreases and the blue on her dress is shown more:

I'm not trying to come off as a smarty pants, I'm just trying to analyze everything as I possibly can. I'm 99.9% sure that her dress is a light blue.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Éowyn » Jun 18, 2010 12:12 pm

To be honest, I think her glow increases there. Everything's bathed in a blue light, including her face, hair, and skirt.

But really, analyzing, disagreeing, and putting forth our own theories is what we do best here, so no worries :D It's hard to do when there are so few pictures though.
Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby lioness13 » Jun 22, 2010 4:39 pm

My humble opinion is that its white, and I'm unsure of the sheer fabric over the top. in the first picture, I think its just shadow, and the digital overlay on top of the water, and the transparency that makes it appear so. Frustrating not to have a better pic. :-\
"Come," said Aslan ," let me breathe on you. Are you brave again?"
lioness13
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lady Galadriel » Jun 22, 2010 6:19 pm

The pictures of RD definitely look blue to me, but I think the dress could easily be white, yet tinted because of the blue glow. #-o What makes me pretty sure it is white is because our first shot of her on the poster looks white, but that's without the blue glow in the trailer. And even in the trailer, there's one point when the dress certainly looks white. Here's the link for the screen cap. Its time in the trailer would be 1:33 of 2:09.

http://www.narniaweb.com/wp-content/upl ... 6/0060.jpg

In the next shot, her glow has increased [in my opinion :D ] and she looks blue.

I hope this makes sense! ;))
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 22, 2010 7:40 pm

I think it makes sense sine her blond hair is leached out along with the glowing then her dress has to be a very light blue. Light blue is in fact a color close to white and that's the color described in the book, that her dress is a light sparkly blue. That is the color that I see when I look close enough.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Éowyn » Jun 22, 2010 8:28 pm

lioness13 wrote:I'm unsure of the sheer fabric over the top. in the first picture, I think its just shadow, and the digital overlay on top of the water, and the transparency that makes it appear so.

I think it's very possible you're right, lioness13. All the same, it does seem to have a very lightweight overdress, even if it's not sheer... look at the very light way it's draping in this image. I touched it up a little to see the details, and drew some arrows that point at the folds.

Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 22, 2010 8:37 pm

Okay that is what I was trying to analyze next, Lady Eowyn. thanks for posting the picture. it seems as though what Lilliandil is wearing over her dress is white. But underneath you can clearly see that it is a very sparkly light blue. Thanks for posting this picture! A lot of the details to her dress is starting to make some sense now! ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Pepper Darcy » Jun 26, 2010 5:42 am

I love Lilliandil's dress! So perfect, so enchanting, and did anyone notice on the poster stuff it looks like it's empirewaist? I love that touch! It gives it a feminine feel to the dress.

Well, whether the fabric is really blue or white, it *looks* blue =) I love how they made Lilliandill look, everything about her, the glowishness etc. It makes it hard to analize the dress :/ But she looks fabulous nonetheless =D

:music: risk it all cuz I'll catch you if you fall... if my heart was a house you'd be home :music:
Pepper Darcy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jul 11, 2010 4:08 pm

wow, her dress is awesome! I almost want to make it! hmmm.....maybe I will!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 15, 2010 9:50 pm

I actually have a dress like hers. When I am back home I'll post a picture of it. The necklines are almost the same and it is blue as well. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby RoseRed » Jul 17, 2010 2:46 am

haha I haven't been on NW (forum) for a long time, but I have to confess that when I saw the trailer, my second viewing was all to get a good look at RD's dress. I think we've all been imagining it so much all these year, that's it's extra interesting to see what they're actually gonna do. and it's nice to come on here and see that everyone's analyzing it already ;)

personally though I must admit I was a tad disappointed, my head had quite a nice little version of RD going so it was a bit put out to the see the real, different version, especially with the whiteness that I'm seeing. I'm not yet ready to hedge my bets if it's white or blue, I'd LIKE it to be blue, but whatever happens that strong light will most likely dominate any of her dress we do see anyway, so in a way it's sorta, (slightly) irrelevant ;) (though I admit I will be looking closely at it's colour in any future previews we get). anyway, seeing the few pics posted on here so far, I'm starting to like it more... that empire waist is lovely, and my heart just warmed when someone mentioned how like the illustration it is. that makes me happy :) :ymhug:
Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.
RoseRed
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext