This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ramandu's Daughter (Actual Movie Costume)

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Ramandu's Daughter (Actual Movie Costume)

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 20, 2010 9:10 pm

On the whole blue and white factor, I saw stardust again to analyze Claire's version on her star like take. Her first dress is a metallic light blue, very close to Lilliandil's color for her dress in this movie and the other was a darker blue. Every time she would glow both of the dresses would look white or lighter in a sense. Maybe this crew is only trying to do the same thing.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Group Hug » Sep 14, 2010 8:26 pm

As long as her dress or dresses look like some article(s) of clothing that came from a Narnian island, I'll be happy!!! :) Well why would they copy what other costumers did in the Stardust movie? I mean that would be pretty sad, and anyway this is Narnia we are talking about. B-)
Now for the blue and the white i think her dress the under dress anyway might be a light blue like This or a sky blue like This. but when i look at the picture it seems to me that the top layer is a very light blue; and the style of the dress looks like its some what grecian inspired without having any actual reference to the grecain style.
[img]pevensiesbeach2.jpg[/img]
Maybe we're incorretly labeled :S
"It's what you do with the time thats given to you." -Gandalf
Group Hug
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Sep 26, 2010 11:18 pm

^^ yeah those are the exact colors I thought as well! Finally someone who can see it too #:-s

I bet more then anything when Lilliandil stops glowing her top layer is see through, the light blue that Group Hug pointed out. look here:

That top layer is most definitely see through.

Also i didn't mean that the costumers are trying to take Stardust's costumes idea, I was only analyzing every time Yvaine would glow both of her dresses would appear lighter.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Alice_WL » Oct 03, 2010 10:04 am

Geez, did they have to make her that bright..?

Honestly, it's difficult for me to look at her at all - as sensitive as my eyes are.. I really hope she's not so blinding bright in the movie that it's hard for other people with sensitive eyes to look at her as well.. That would totally ruin her appearance.. I think the movie makers went a bit overboard with her unnessessary level of brightness.. >.<
"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DamselJillPole » Oct 04, 2010 5:24 pm

^ We now know that Lilliandil will not be glowing the entire time. Here's a picture of her standing sideways with Caspian and the Pevensies:

http://www.myimg.de/?img=Narnia009d82c4.jpg

Her over dress is white but you can see that her under dress is a very light blue. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Éowyn » Oct 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Welll, that's more of a production shot. The lighting of the shots in some of the movie tie-in books doesn't always match the film. I doubt that she will completely stop glowing, but who knows. :)

I still really cannot see a light blue underdress. Can you point me to where it shows through/where you can see it through the overdress? Maybe it's because I had the presupposition that her entire dress is white, but all I see is a white dress.
Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DamselJillPole » Oct 04, 2010 8:25 pm

^You can see it in the middle of her chest almost and stomach since her over dress is very shear you can see it. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Eustace » Oct 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Now that we have a picture where she is not glowing so much, we can see what her dress looks like.
http://www.narnia.com/us/ramadu/home#/home

I like the fact that it fans out into a fulls skirt.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » Nov 01, 2010 2:28 pm

Her dress in the picture is still contrasted and bright. I guess we'll know till we see the movie. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby RoseRed » Nov 07, 2010 2:51 am

I haven't been on here for a while now, but I have o say when I saw the trailer one of the highlights was definitely her dress/look! I too doubt she will ever stop glowing entirely...however I quite like it :)
to me....it almost looks like a white top layer with light blue underneath? but it is very hard to tell. I guess time and more pictures will tell... and on the plus side...tis' making me even more excited for the movie! :D
Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.
RoseRed
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnian_Archer » Nov 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Here is a picture of the dress from the newest trailer. It's a good shot, and gives us a clearer picture than any of the previous ones, I think. :)

http://s3.narniaweb.com/wp-content/uplo ... 11/046.jpg

From what I understand, it's going to be a bell dress that flares out--very similar to a 15th/16th century European dress, only without sleeves. It's not what I imagined, but it's interesting.
What do you think?
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby RoseRed » Nov 09, 2010 2:40 am

I was looking at that shot earlier, there's A LOT of material at the back isn't there? way more than I thought there'd be. do you have any pictures of the 15th/16th century dresses you mean? I'm not sure I quite understand you
Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.
RoseRed
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnian_Archer » Nov 09, 2010 12:13 pm

RoseRed wrote
I was looking at that shot earlier, there's A LOT of material at the back isn't there? way more than I thought there'd be. do you have any pictures of the 15th/16th century dresses you mean? I'm not sure I quite understand you

I agree with you about the material...I was like, "woah, there's more to that dress than I thought!" I'd imagined it to be something very light, silky, and flowing....

Unfortunately I can't send you the picture of the specific dress I am referring to, because I saw it at a reenactment festival and was not able to get a photo. :( This is the closest thing I found...not exactly what I mean, but close enough. I speaking plainly about the shape of the dress--not the actual design--just the bell-dress shape with lots of material in the back...I hope it gives a bit of a clearer picture. :D

Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby susanpevensierox » Nov 10, 2010 4:52 pm

I can't wait to see this costume. However, I am afraid they made it too much along the lines of the White Witch's costume. Isn't her outfit in the book supposed to be more blue?
susanpevensierox
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Narnian_Archer » Nov 11, 2010 9:19 am

That's interesting...I didn't see anything similar to the WW's dress...do you mean that it is white instead of blue? Or the actual design? Now that I think of it, there may be a few similarities....
All C.S. Lewis says in the book is that the dress was sleeveless and blue. I think it's ok to mix in a bit of white there, like maybe a white sheer, silk underdress with a blue one on top, but from some of the screencaps I've seen, I think the dress will be completely white with just a blue glow coming from Ramandu's Daughter herself. I think they should have made it more blue--not bright sky blue, but a soft, pale blue--something like Arwen's dream dress in the LOR "The Two Towers". Of course, i'm just speculating--I'll be able to judge better when I see the movie! :) :) :)
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Myrene » Nov 11, 2010 10:57 am

I know Eustace post the website with this image before, but i wanted to post only the image anyway :)

Myrene
NarniaWeb Newbie

PreviousNext