This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

8 – The House of Harfang

Moderator: Pattertwigs Pal

Re: 8 – The House of Harfang

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » May 15, 2020 2:37 pm

1. Do you lose interest in Jill because she began to cry?
Definitely not. I’ve cried in public quite often. I probably would have done the same thing. My mom would tell people when I went to their houses that if I cried to give me food or rest.

2. In Jill’s dream, why does Aslan take the form of a wooden horse for a moment?
It makes it more dream like. It might make more of an impression if something changed into Aslan rather than if he just appeared.

3. When Jill is unable to repeat the sign to Aslan in the dream, a “great horror” comes over her. What is so horrible?
She has disappointed a lion who has told her that he has swallowed up girls.

4. How should the dream sequence be adapted for the movie?
It should be clear that it is a dream but without seeming hokey. The horror needs to come across.

5. Who is to blame for their missing the ruinous city? Do you agree with Jill that it is she? Do you agree with Puddleglum that it is he? Do you think Scrubb is right and Puddleglum is the only one who isn’t to blame?
Jill is the most to blame. Eustace was wrong for interrupting Puddleglum and not letting him finish. Puddleglum has the least blame; however, he could have handled the conversation in a more productive manner.

6. Is it significant that the queen of the giants chose to dress in green?
It is another instance of an evil woman dressing in green. I rather think she thought it was camouflage or an appropriate color for hunting.
7. Discuss how this chapter should be adapted. (ex. what do you most want to see, what problems do you see, etc.)
I want to feel suspicious of the giants with out it being obvious that they are evil. I also want the nurse to be annoying with her talking down to Jill and bringing her ugly, huge toys.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Re: 8 – The House of Harfang

Postby Eustace » May 19, 2020 12:29 pm

1. Do you lose interest in Jill because she began to cry?
Not really, she is a young child and had been through a lot up to this point. I am perfectly fine with her crying. But, you have to watch when you are adapting this because a lot of people could be turned off by Jill crying. Make sure the audience understand that she has been going through a lot.

5. Who is to blame for their missing the ruinous city? Do you agree with Jill that it is she? Do you agree with Puddleglum that it is he? Do you think Scrubb is right and Puddleglum is the only one who isn’t to blame?
I think they all are to blame. Jill was suppose to remember the signs but, this does not mean that the others were to forget about the signs. It seems like they were the best at working together on this trip.

7. Discuss how this chapter should be adapted. (ex. what do you most want to see, what problems do you see, etc.)

As mentioned above, it is important how you protray Jill crying in this chapter. I do not want the audience to dislike Jill. The age of Jill truly matters especially in this chapter. Make sure that the audience understand what Jill was going through on this journey.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous