This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Netflix means new Pevensies

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Netflix means new Pevensies

Postby mm1991 » Apr 01, 2019 10:08 pm

I liked all the Pevensie actors but there were a few things that bugged me.

1) Most obviously, none of them looked like true siblings. They looked like a bunch of random kids thrown into a room together (because they were!). I'm sure it's such a hard job casting child actors that are both good AND look alike! But it can be done! Look at the magnificent child casting for The Haunting of Hill House!

2) I did not feel like Susan was portrayed correctly. This is not at all a slight against Anna Popplewell - she is both a very talented actress and stunningly gorgeous. But I felt like Susan was a bit miscast. Anna Popplewell does so well in period dramas like reign because she is good at subtle, subdued acting. This simply did not mesh well with Susan.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Monty Jose » Apr 02, 2019 4:10 am

mm1991 wrote:I liked all the Pevensie actors but there were a few things that bugged me.

1) Most obviously, none of them looked like true siblings. They looked like a bunch of random kids thrown into a room together (because they were!). I'm sure it's such a hard job casting child actors that are both good AND look alike! But it can be done! Look at the magnificent child casting for The Haunting of Hill House!

That’s an interesting thought, because I always felt like Georgie and Skandar really did look like siblings. Same goes for the older two, but not as dramatically. But honestly it doesn’t bother me because I’m from a family where almost none of us kids look alike. Same goes for my dad’s siblings.

On an unrelated note, one thing I hope they avoid this time around is the ‘reluctant hero’ arcs on Peter and Susan’s parts. I don’t mind them being intimidated by their new roles as king and queen (I feel like that’s canon anyway, especially for Peter).
https://www.instagram.com/_montyjose_art/
Monty Jose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Eustace » Apr 02, 2019 10:41 am

If we have to redo the Pevensies, I am really hoping for a blonde hair Lucy. We haven't gotten one yet, except in animation and maybe play form and I am really excited about a possible blonde hair Lucy. Also, since we are trying to make the other Pevensies look different it might be good to also take the sentence referring to Edmund as "fair-headed" in the HHB seriously and make Edmund blonde as well.

I looked up the probability that Peter was Brown hair like Susan and there is a high chance. And to make it more even I would like to see a brown haired Peter. For me, this was the only thing I was disapointed about in the Walden casting! I liked the fact that these actors were essentially no name and this movie gave them stardom. I definitely would love for that to happen again.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous