This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

VDT Extras Casting

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: VDT Extras Casting

Postby fantasia » Apr 13, 2010 11:49 am

Do Narnian dwarfs live that long?

You know, I heard from a reliable source once that Narnian dwarfs are longer-lived than humans. But ummm... the amount that Trumpkin ages from PC to SC implies that they're not quite THAT long lived. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 13, 2010 1:01 pm

^I don't know about a thousand years but a hundred seems plausable to me. In LWW Tumnus says his father faught in a war- I always assumed that meant against the White Witch when she first came to power, but that would mean that Tumnus would have to be over 100. Further more it says that he iss a middle age faun in HHB, so that puts his lifespan at approximately 200 years.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 13, 2010 1:39 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:
Do Narnian dwarfs live that long?

You know, I heard from a reliable source once that Narnian dwarfs are longer-lived than humans. But ummm... the amount that Trumpkin ages from PC to SC implies that they're not quite THAT long lived. ;))

I'm sorry but this confuses me. Trumpkin was still alive when King Caspian X died, and Trumpkin is like 15-25 years older then Caspian.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Apr 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Trumpkin is an undetermined middle age in Prince Caspian. But by Silver Chair he's referred to as an elderly dwarf and has nearly gone deaf. The fact that he ages that much over the period of about 50-60 Narnian years makes the idea that dwarfs live 1000 years unlikely. Unless they don't age at all the first 900 years of their lives and age a whole lot the last 50-100 years. ;)
Does that make more sense DamselJillPole?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 13, 2010 2:01 pm

It must be one of those moments in the books like the Swanwhite timeline mix up when CS Lewis had forgotten a little and didn't have time to revise it after his death.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Apr 23, 2010 12:15 pm

A few more mostly unknown castings....

Robert Reitano - Unknown Role
I have had action roles in films such as The Condemned and Daybreakers, and Narnia 3 and on television shows such as Sea Patrol and Beastmaster... I am with 'Williams Talent' here on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.

Lucas Ross - Handsome Soldier
Lucas Ross is proudly represented by V Management, he has recently starred in The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

2009 / Handsome Soldier / The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader / 20th Century Fox - Michael Apted

*UPDATED*
Hayden Black - Body Double for Edmund
It was great having Hayden Black in the studio to talk about his experience as an actor in the new Narnia movie The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

http://www.northernstar.com.au/story/20 ... ean-shore/

Therese Westbrook - Unknown Role
2009 / The Invisible Army / Dragon Prow Pty Ltd

Kimi Swindells - Unknown Role
Acting Experience - Extras Roles: The Chronicles Of Narnia,The Voyage of The Dawn Treader

Josifini Hawkins - Unknown Role
Film / The Chronicles of Narnia / “Invisible Army” / Movie World Studios

Plus some news on some of the typical roles one agency provided:

ExtrasDirect Agency News
Extras Direct performers were involved with Narinia 3 from the preliminary castings, right up until the very last day on set (about 6 months in total!).

Our extras were used as slaves and villagers, slave drivers, sailors, and first and second mate on the Dawn Treader Ship. Some of our extras were upgraded to featured or speaking roles during filming, and we can't wait until the film is released!
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Jun 08, 2010 10:41 am

I've gone through and made a few updates to several of the entries on this thread. Of most interest is the addition of "U.S. Naval Officer" (John Sayles, Page 4).

That pairs up nicely to the previous casting of "USA Military Officer" (Simon Edds, Page 2) and makes for a few interesting thoughts regarding the opening scenes... Firstly, whilst you would obviously expect the presence of British Army and British Home Guard soldiers in the background to establish the time period and add some realism, why would they go out of the way to add in American military personnel? Perhaps they thought it would be a way to show that this film is set later in WW2 than the first two films (which were both set in the pre-Pearl Harbour years of the Second World War, and thus before any American involvement in the war) but if they are just going to be in the background of scenes anyway, then would most people even notice that they are in American uniforms? Maybe their role is something more significant than just background? Who knows... Also, why have an American Naval Officer if the opening scene is set in Cambridge, which is about as far from the sea as you can get? Again, who knows...

I've also added to the previous post (just above) the role of "Handsome Soldier" (Lucas Ross), which again probably relates to the opening scenes. However, this one also likely links back to the brief scene descriptions we got with the very first casting call (Page 1) which described a Nurse saying goodbye to her boyfriend soldier, and an older soldier overseeing the intake of new recruits.

In addition to those i also added the recent confirmation that Stefania Duncan (Page 1) is playing the stand-in for Ramandu's Daughter, and have maybe updated a few other random bits and pieces here and there.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Adeona » Jun 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks Icarus for always keeping us up-to-date on even the little things! :)
It helps keep me from going crazy while waiting for the trailer. ;)

Those bits about the American servicemen certainly open up some room for speculation. I wonder if they could in any way be connected with the "Ambassador's Wife at a Party" casting? Just a random thought, putting two odd castings together...
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jun 09, 2010 4:35 pm

I wonder if the American Soldiers have something to do with Susan's trip to America. If they Susan has a cameo other than in the magician's book, it might be either in America or on the way to America. The scene could be somewhere where there is a dock and American soldiers could be arriving. If they show Susan in America then it would make a lot of sense for there to be American Soldiers.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby icarus » Jul 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Not many new casting updates recently. I added a couple of unknowns to the post thats four above this one recently, and i added another Stunt Double to the list on Page 5, but that's about it.

One recent thing i did find that i thought was quite interesting, was for a British voice actor doing ADR ("Automated Dialogue Replacement" or "Additional Dialogue Recording" depending on who you ask) for Dufflepud #1 (played by Greg Poppleton).

John Hasler - ADR for Dufflepud #1
Narnia - The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Dufflepud #1, ADR of character (dir. Michael Apted)

That's despite an earlier report on a blog entry by Greg Poppleton who posted that he had done ADR for his own character with Michael Apted back in December. Perhaps they just wanted to add a few extra lines for his character, and didn't want to go all the way back to Australia to record them, or perhaps (like Reepicheep) they just decided for whatever reason that they wanted a completely new voice. Who knows.

EDIT: A British Casting agency called "Milaeon" has also recently advertised the fact that they have done casting for the third Narnia movie in England. More ADR voice casting? Stand-ins and Doubles for pick-up shooting? Something else?

http://www.milaeon.co.uk/#/milaeon-cast ... 4533417756
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Jul 04, 2010 12:12 pm

Two stunt related castings coutesy of the Official Tony Nixon Facebook page. As a prize for their second competition, they are offering a signed (spoiler free) call sheet from the set of the production. Click To See

The cast list at the bottom lists two stunt actors, Josh Elkington and "Jonno" Costelloe (Jonathan Costelloe also played the stunt double for Governor Gumpas) as playing "Crow's Nest Sailor". Whether thats two roles with the same name, or one role with two stunt performers doubling up, i don't know.

Josh Elkington - Crow's Nest Sailor
CHARACTER: CROW'S NEST SAILOR / Josh Elkington

Jonathan Costelloe - Crow's Nest Sailor
CHARACTER: CROW'S NEST SAILOR / Jonno Costelloe

*also Stunt Double for Governor Gumpas, see Page 5

Also from Facebook, a Fan Page (again, important to note its a public facebook fan page, and not a personal profile page) for a Queensland based actress who appeared as another Narnian Villager in Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Ellisha Marques - Narnian Villager
Feature film / 2009 / Narnian Villager / Narnia 3 / Dragon Prow Productions
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Jul 11, 2010 11:03 am

I haven't looked through this thread to see if you've added him yet or not, but I just posted a WotS about Daniel Poole, the guy standing in line behind Edmund to enroll for the army.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby icarus » Jul 11, 2010 11:32 am

Ooh, thanks for that Fantasia_Kitty. :) Very interesting what he says about being the instigator of Edmund's Journey in the movie. Sounds more and more like its the start of a Peter-style character arc :-s

But yep, he's in here somewhere - "Young Recruit" his role title was called ;)
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Jul 30, 2010 10:49 am

AslansCountry.com managed to get a rather cool interview with Scott "Ryctor" Brewer who was reported to be played Dufflepud #7 (though im not entirely sure the numbers mean much based on what he says in his interview about his character being more of a right hand man to the Chief Dufflepud). Its a pretty interesting read and he not only talks briefly about his character, but also mentions some cool details on exactly how the Dufflepud VFX elements were done - hint, they did use trampolines, but not in a BBC "hidden behind a small hedge" way ;)

Anyway, go check it out here, thanks to Aslan's Country:

http://www.aslanscountry.com/2010/07/ex ... dufflepud/
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Sep 26, 2010 2:05 pm

Greg Poppleton (Dufflepud #1) wrote on his official website blog this month:

Sep 2010 - Greg does Character voice for Narnia film

So i'm not too sure what was up with the previous report (about 5 posts above this) about someone else doing the ADR work for his character. Maybe they just got their numbered Dufflepuds mixed up.

See Greg Poppleton's website here. Chief Dufflepud Roy Billing also has an official website now as well if you are interested: http://www.roybilling.com.au . Plus some other loose-ends from the casting side of things...

Rico Lescot Jr. - Young Narnian
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010) (post-production) .... Young Narnian

Vijay Paul - Unknown Role
Vijay who is represented by Blackbox Management Australia can be seen in the exciting new feature film, 'Narnia The Invisible Army', which was filmed in QLD. Well done Vidjay.

Marilyn Winslett - Unknown Role
Background extra in Narnia 3
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Sep 27, 2010 3:12 pm

It's fun to go back to the beginning to this thread and read all the speculation....for some we've gotten answers on, and for others we'll just have to wait 73 more days! Thanks, icarus, for the continuous updates!
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext