This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

VDT Extras Casting

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

VDT Extras Casting

Postby icarus » Sep 17, 2009 2:52 pm

It was kind of a useful thread to have on the old forum, a place just to post any details, however minor, concerning extras casting details. Occassionally a role would come up which would offer an insight into a potential big change in the movie, but generally i just find it fascinating to look at....

From the old thread:

Ozzie Devrish - Slaver
"I am very excited to say I have won a small role in the feature film "NARNIA" "Voyage Of The Dawn Treader" as one of the Invisible Army. I am hoping to gain a speaking role, as they will be choosing one of us to do so while on set, so keep an eye out!"

Narnia : Cast as Slaver (FF) 2009

http://blogs.myspace.com/ozziedevrish

Rhydian Lewis - Unknown Voice Over Work
Rhydian Lewis has recently finished Voice over work in the Feature Film "Invisible Army". Rhydian is proudly represented by EGO Managment

Gareth Harris - Unknown Voice Over Work
Gareth Harris was recently used for Voice over work in the new Feature Film "Invisble Army". Gareth is proudly represented by EGO Managment

Andre LeRouge - Dawn Treader Sailor
Andre is performing as a sailor/warrior in the current shoot of the multi-million dollar production THE INVISIBLE ARMY

David Taverner - Metal Worker
Represented by BlackBox, David has already been cast as an extra (Metal Worker) on the Feature Film 'Narnia - Invisble Army'

William Green - Home Guard
William is featured prominently in the opening scenes of the Invisible Army

2009 / Home Guard / Voyage of the Dawn Treader / Dragon's Prow Pty Ltd / Michael Apted

Gary Gibson - Narnian Villager
Represented by NEBULA AGENCIES has just spent a few days on the set of the feature film "The Invisible army"

2009 / Narnian Villager / Narnia / Dragons Prow

http://www.starnow.com.au/garygibson2

Meganne West - Unknown Role
Meganne has finished filming a role in the feature film The Invisible Army.

Mark Abriel - Captured Villager
2009: Captured villager in “Voyage of the Dawn Treader”
third installment of the Chronicles of Narnia, Fox Entertainment

http://www.starnow.com/markabriel

Tanya Herbert- Support Stand In, Unknown Role
2009 Support Stand in / Narnia

Newer Extras Casting Details:

Boon Thie - Dawn Treader Sailor
Boon is enjoying regualar work on The Invisible Army. Role to be announced at a later date. Represented by Gilchrist.

http://boonthie.blogspot.com/2009/09/st ... eader.html

*AMENDED*
Bernie 'Baroco' Brown - Male Villager
Represented by NEBULA AGENCIES has recently spent a couple of days on the new Feature Film "The Invisible Army"

Feature film / 2010 / Villager / Chronicals of Narnia

*UPDATED*
Matthew Bovey - Male Villager
Represented by NEBULA AGENCIES has recently had a number of days working on" The Invisible Army" Feature Film.

2009 /Male villager / Invisible army / Michael Apted
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Re: Extras Casting

Postby bkey » Sep 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Looking through their photos, I feel like several of the male actors look like crew members of the Dawn Treader, which I'm sure many of them are.

Thanks for the updates Icarus :)
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby JadistarkilleR » Sep 17, 2009 10:49 pm

good to start this back up again Icarus. what about the other characters, like that 8-9 year old girl thats been witnessed to be onset on the DT. any info you can post on her?

btw, sent you a PM

You have a chance to become the most noble contradiction in history
...the Telmarine who saved Narnia.
JadistarkilleR
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby PeaceAndLove » Sep 18, 2009 7:25 am

Icarus, thank you for the updates.

icarus wrote:Matthew Bovey - Unknown Role

According to his resume, his role is "Male villager".

bkey wrote:Looking through their photos, I feel like several of the male actors look like crew members of the Dawn Treader, which I'm sure many of them are.

I feel like the same.
PeaceAndLove
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: VDT Extras Casting

Postby icarus » Sep 18, 2009 10:12 am

Thanks for that PeaceAndLove, i'll go change it. I should probably give you credit for a few of the ones copied across from the old forum on the first post as well. I think i agree with bkey as well. I'll look through the ship set photos and see if i can postively ID any of those people.

For the record, here are the two extras casting calls; the original one from StarNow, and the slightly modified one from Brisbane Actors Network:

Young Nurse
Any gender, aged 18 to 23 from Australia
Late teens - Early 20s, female, attractive saying goodbye to her (Young Soldier) boyfriend. Visual - nice cameo

Young Soldier
Males, aged 18 to 23 from Australia
Late teens - early 20s, good looking, about to go off to war saying goodbye to his girlfriend (Young Nurse). Visual - nice cameo.

Older Soldier
Males, aged 25 to 32 from Australia
Role type: Supporting role Breakdown:Bit rough, not a pretty boy, has attitude. 1 line dialogue.

Intake Soldier - Actors ONLY
Males, aged 35 to 45 from Australia
Late 30s-45, seasoned soldier, saw action in the last war (WW1) and now responsible for the intake of new soldiers. Couple of lines.

Mediterranean man
Males, aged 30 to 45 from Australia
Mediterranean, fit, man of the sea. Dialogue - good role.

RHYNELF
Male 0-120
Early 30s - 40s.

Young Soldier
Male 18-23
Late teens - early 20s,

Young Nurse
Female 18-23
Late teens - Early 20s,

Older Soldier
Male 25-32

Intake Officer
Gender required: Male 35-45
Late 30s-45, seasoned soldier,

Gael's Mum
Female 30-35
30-35, attractive, red or brown/light brown hair

The final item on the list could help with the mysterious 8-9 year old girl reported to be on the Dawn Treader set, or it could be related to the Meganne West casting above (based on the hair color). Meganne was reported to have finished her scenes ages before filming even started on the DT ship set though. Most probably she was in scenes in the real world or lone islands.

EDIT: Don't know why it took me so long to put two and two together, but i've been reading a blog for a few weeks now, of an extras experience of working on the Dawn Treader set. He hasn't mentioned anything much exciting so far, so i didn't post about it, but i just realised his name is "Boon Thie". All along i had been assuming that was a screen-name. lol.

http://boonthie.blogspot.com/2009/09/start-of-voyage-of-dawn-treader.html

Boon does mention someone called "Andre" in his blog, so if i can find a photo of someone who looks like the Andre LeRouge guy on set, i'll be confident to list him as a DT Sailor too.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady_Liln » Sep 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Great work, icarus!

Boon does mention someone called "Andre" in his blog, so if i can find a photo of someone who looks like the Andre LeRouge guy on set, i'll be confident to list him as a DT Sailor too.
I'm pretty certain Andre is on the far right side of this shot.
Lady_Liln
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby icarus » Sep 23, 2009 12:12 am

Yeah, you are probably right. Thanks! I updated him as a dawn treader sailor and added two new guys here, who i'd assume were also both dawn treader sailors, based on their appearences.

Nic De Jong - Unknown Role
The most recent work i have done was for the third installment of the Narnia series

Vlad Adam - Unknown Role
Vlad is proudly represented by Blackbox Management Australia, he has been featured in the TV Series "Elephant Princess" also he can be seen on the Feature film Narina " Invisible Army"

EDIT: An update on ecaster confirmed Andre LeRouge to be a "Warrior/Sailor".
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Oct 05, 2009 8:16 pm

Three more random extras/stand-ins - Jason Malek playing a "Narnian", Stefania Duncan as a stand-in (one might assume from her appearence she might be the stand-in for Ramandu's Daughter) and Jack Marquis as another stand in (probably for Eustace).

Jason Malek - Narnian
A blockbuster hit, the invisible army from "Narnia" and i played a narnian (2009)

*UPDATED*
Stefania Duncan - Stand in for Ramandu's Daughter
Stand-in for "Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawntreader" (in production).

NarniaWeb.com wrote:First, the lovely actress who was the stand-in for the character of Ramandu’s Daughter is Stefania Duncan; 21 year old model and actress from Queensland Australia. Her profile can be seen on StarNow.com here.

http://www.myspace.com/stefanialasagne

*UPDATED*
Jack Marquis - Stand in for Eustace
Jackson is proudly represented by Blackbox Management Australia, he has been booked for a fulltme role of a stand in, on the feature film Narnia " Invisible Army"

2009 / Stand In for Eustace / Narnia-Voyage of the Dawn Treader / Michael Apted
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Oct 11, 2009 7:25 am

Two actual 'proper' extras casting here. Both the quotes come directly from the EGO Management website (rather than StarNow or eCaster as most of the ones before, though their resumes still link to eCaster).

The first one for "Young Recruit" i would assume to match up with the casting call entry for "Young Solider" in the previous casting calls.

The interesting thing about the second one is that the quote from the Ego Management website refers to the role as "The Satyr" (implying he is the only one) whereas his eCaster profile refers to the role as just "Satyr" (implying he could be one of many). How many Satyrs have we seen on set so far? Is it just the one?

Daniel Poole - Young Recruit
Daniel Poole has just recently finished shooting his speaking role on the new Chronicles of Narnia Feature Film, The Dawn Trader.

2009 / Young Recruit / CHRONICLES OF NARNIA - Voyage of the Dawn Treader / Michael Apted

Ryan Ettridge - Caprius The Satyr
Ryan is currently working on the new Chronicles of Narnia Feature Film 'The Dawn Trader'. Ryan plays the costume character 'The Satyr'
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Oct 12, 2009 12:27 pm

icarus wrote:Ryan Etteridge - The Satyr
Ryan is currently working on the new Chronicles of Narnia Feature Film 'The Dawn Trader'. Ryan plays the costume character 'The Satyr'

This guy here....http://www.narniaweb.com/wp-content/gallery/vdt-cleveland-point-the-dawn-treader/382695.jpg So far I've been able to pick out 2 minotaurs and 1 satyr. His satyr costume looks a lot like a minotaur.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby icarus » Oct 14, 2009 9:18 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote: His satyr costume looks a lot like a minotaur.

Ahhh, that makes a lot of sense now! I had always assumed that was another minotaur, but that is for sure our Satyr guy in there. I dont recall the Satyrs in the last film being so buff, though they have played with the satyr look quite a lot since the first film's Chewbacca-Satyrs, so i guess they are allowed to tinker with them some more.

I might be willing to assume from what we've seen then that there will only be 1 of each major creature type on board? (e.g. Faun, Satyr, Dwarf and Minotaur) and that the other guy thus far seen in a minotaur suit besides Shane Rangi was a stand-in/stunt double/etc?
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Oct 21, 2009 11:10 am

One and a half new castings - Firstly, although his name had been on plenty of GoldCoast/BaysideBulletin articles before, i had always assumed it was the name of one of the spectators in the photo, or perhaps the photographer himself, rather than the actors, but apparently Chris Cruickshanks is indeed the name of the guy playing the as yet unnamed Dwarf in VDT.

Chris Cruickshanks - The Dwarf
At 64kg Chris is super-fit -- the result of... four months of strenuous gym work in readiness for his role in a coming action movie (the details of which he'd rather not divulge).

Also on a Bayside Bulletin photo gallery, courtesy of a signed piece of paper, it seems the first name of the actor playing the faun is "Morgan". There was actually an Australian born Stunt-Faun actor in "Prince Caspian" by the name of Morgan Evans, so i guess it could be an outside possibility its the same guy, though its more likely that its not.

The same photo also shows Shane Rangi signed his autograph with the name "Tavros" just in case there was any doubt that was his characters name (it popped up in some previous BaysideBulletin articles). And since he has retained his name from the leaked script, it would seem a reasonable assumption to make that the aforementioned Satyr has also retained his name of "Caprius" from the leaked script too.

Photo via the first of the two photo gallery links on Aslan's Country:

http://www.aslanscountry.com/2009/10/da ... and-point/

EDIT: An update on eCaster confirmed Gary Gibson (in post #1) to be playing a Narnian Villager.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Oct 21, 2009 11:21 am

^ I had found confirmation somewhere that the minotaur is indeed called Tavros and got that one updated on the cast and crew page.

Intriguing about Chris Cruickshanks. I'll get him added to the cast and crew page too.

Those sneaky Bayside Bulletin peoples slipped in new photos! I thought I had added them all already to our image gallery. :)) I'll have to get those added in there. Nice find Aslan's Country peoples. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby icarus » Oct 24, 2009 6:45 am

Two more extras casting details from eCaster and StarNow. Firstly a boy of 14 years old - too young to be a Dawn Treader Sailor, and not enough time spent on set to be so either. "Role Confidential" sounds quite intriguing, but it could just be standard practice. The other casting is most interesting for the fact that she is a female in a story that features very few females. Unless its just a very late update to her profile from The Spit shooting, and she is a Lone Islander, but that would make the present tense of her phrasing seem rather odd. Anyway:

UPDATED: After all that, they were both just regular boring Lone Island Villagers:

Alex Stohters - Male Villager
Alex enjoyed a week on set of Invisible Army. Role confidential. Represented by Gilchrist Casting

Alex was also a core villager in the movie Narnia - Proudly represented by Gilchrist Casting

Ashely Markham - Female Villager
I am currently working as an extra in the 'Invisible Army'.

2009 / Female Villager / Invisible Army / Dragons Prow / Michael Apted

http://www.starnow.com/smahlyjane
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby bkey » Oct 24, 2009 12:39 pm

Interesting. I know with The Dark Knight, there were a few extras cast whose roles were "confidential," leading to a lot of internet speculation. It turned out the characters were just in the background with around a minute of screen time at best.

I wonder if its possible that Alex and Ashley will be present in scenes meant to take place in England. Assuming that all of the Lone Island scenes are done filming, I can't think of anywhere else they might be.
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby fantasia » Oct 25, 2009 11:06 am

Well there is one scene that I haven't heard a thing about as far as casting or filming goes... and that's this "battle with merpeople" that keeps cropping up in movie descriptions.

Perhaps they're merpeople?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Next