This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

VDT Extras Casting

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: VDT Extras Casting

Postby icarus » Nov 22, 2010 1:07 pm

Has anyone yet spotted the full official cast and crew credits list for the movie? It was around about this time before Prince Caspian that sites began updating with the full credits list for the movie (i.e. the credits as they appear at the end of the film) so hopefully we should get something for VDT sometime soon - keep your eyes peeled! :)

The final credits probably won't be nearly as comprehensive as i would hope, and most of the actors and roles mentioned in this thread will probably remain uncredited, but i would hope it would at least fill in a few of the important holes and gaps we have in our present cast list, so i'm very eager to see what it has to reveal :)

In the meantime, here are a few loose-ends and, for the sake of completion, confirmation of Douglas Gresham's cameo (hopefully we will also get some new information on further crew cameos later on - there were quite a few on both LWW and PC)

Douglas Gresham - Slave Buyer
Aslan's Country - Teaser: Douglas Gresham, C.S. Lewis's stepson and co-producer of the Narnia films, makes a cameo on the Lone Island as a slave buyer.

Topic for discussion of which: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1444

Sharelle Starr - Stunt Villager
FILM AND TV / NARNIA - THE VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER (STUNT VILLAGER) 2009

Rowan Chapman - ADR and Voice for Unknown Role(s)
Feature Film / The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader (20th Century Fox) role: ADR AND VOICE TALENT - 2010
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Nov 25, 2010 1:57 am

AslansCountry.com has some very interesting bits and pieces of casting news today. Some names we have seen before, some roles we have seen before, but overall lots of new interesting stuff, so i will put it in spoilers here:

Gael’s Mum – Rachel Blakely

Dufflepud #2 – Neil G. Young
Dufflepud #3 – Greg Poppleton
Dufflepud #4 – Nicholas Neild

Caspian’s Father – Nathaniel Parker

Photographer – Laurence Coy

Slaver #1 – Douglas Gresham

Minotaur – Tamati Rangi

Handsome Soldier – Lucas Ross
Pretty Young Nurse – Megan Hill

http://www.aslanscountry.com/2010/11/mo ... -spoilers/
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Ithilwen » Nov 25, 2010 3:30 am

I'm guessing that the last two are the ones
Lucy sees, which inspires her to ask Edmund whether or not she's pretty. (An odd thing to ask one's brother, it seems to me, lol)

That is surprising that someone plays
Caspian's father
. Did we know he was in the movie, or is this new news (no pun intended)? I wonder how he comes into the story... flashback? Reepicheep meeting him "on the other side"? Odd...

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby icarus » Dec 03, 2010 3:45 pm

IMDB have got the full cast list from the movie on their site now!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0980970/fullcredits#cast

Having seen the movie, i have to say that the end credits sequence is amazingly awesome, but the actual list of credited characters was a bit disappointing as it contains far less than we already knew about, and in many cases characters who once had names have been reduced to generic description. So anyway, here goes:

Georgie Henley ... Lucy Pevensie
Skandar Keynes ... Edmund Pevensie
Ben Barnes ... Caspian
Will Poulter ... Eustace Scrubb

Gary Sweet ... Drinian
Terry Norris ... Lord Bern
Bruce Spence ... Lord Rhoop
Bille Brown ... Coriakin
Laura Brent ... Lilliandil
Colin Moody ... Auctioneer (Note - formerly titled as "Pug")

Tilda Swinton ... The White Witch
Anna Popplewell ... Susan Pevensie
William Moseley ... Peter Pevensie
Shane Rangi ... Tavros
Arthur Angel ... Rhince

Arabella Morton ... Gael
Rachel Blakely ... Gael's Mum
Steven Rooke ... Faun (Note - formerly titled as "Nausus")
Tony Nixon ... 1st Mate (Note - formerly titled as "Rynelf")
David Vallon ... Slave Trader (Note - formerly titled as "Gumpas")
Jared Robinson ... Intake Officer

Roy Billing ... Chief Dufflepud
Neil Young ... Dufflepud #2 (as Neil G. Young)
Greg Poppleton ... Dufflepud #3
Nicholas Neild ... Dufflepud #4

Nathaniel Parker ... Caspian's Father
Daniel Poole ... Young Man
Mirko Grillini ... Telmarine Sailor (Note - formerly titled as "Belligerent Telmarine")
Ron Kelly ... Steward
Laurence Coy ... Photographer

Douglas Gresham ... Slaver #1
Michael Maguire ... Slaver #2
Catarina Hebbard ... Gael's Aunt
Tamati Rangi ... Minotaur

Lucas Ross ... Handsome Soldier
Megan Hill ... Pretty Young Nurse
David Suchet ... Trader
Ross Price ... First Mate

Liam Neeson ... Aslan (voice)
Simon Pegg ... Reepicheep (voice)
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby bkey » Dec 03, 2010 3:53 pm

Interesting. I have a question for those who have seen the film. Are Colin Moody and David Vallon's characters in the film who they were originally reported to be?
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby icarus » Dec 03, 2010 4:02 pm

In answer to your question bkey - Yes, and no.

The Slave Traders are in the movie, and David Vallon's character is definitely the "head" in terms of the groups overall hierarchy - he is seen sitting on a throne during the Slave Market scene - but i don't think he had more than one line of dialogue, and he is only in the film for a couple of minutes at most, and so unless you know he's supposed to be Gumpas there is no way you would identify him as such.

Likewise for Pug. Assuming Colin Moody plays the slave trader i think he did, then yes he is the main slaver, but again there is no way to identify him as that character. Part of me thinks that there is some sort of union rule or general convention/protocol/etiquette which prohibits them from naming characters in the credits using names which weren't actually featured in the movie.

Similarly, Tony Nixon is now credited just as "1st Mate" rather than Rynelf, despite the fact that Ross Price is also credited as "First Mate". Though from previous updates on this thread it seems that during the production all the sailors with the blue tops were considered to be the first mates, and the others with red tops were just regular sailors

Anyway, in addition to that there are a couple of interesting cameos in the cast list:

David Suchet apparently plays a Trader, not that i noticed him - but aside for being famous for playing Poirot, he also provided the voice of Aslan in the Focus on the Family Radio Plays

As previously revealed in the AslansCountry story link, Nathaniel Parker plays Caspian's Father - and i have to give credit to "CaspianXI" from the comments section on AslansCountry for noticing this one - he was also in the movie "Stardust" playing the older version of Ben Barnes' character "Dunstan Thorne". Surely there is no way its a coincidence that he is playing Ben Barnes' father here.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Dec 23, 2010 8:13 am

More cast updates:

André Rondon Cunha - Dawn Treader Sailor

Ian Rennie - Unknown Role
Several short films in Qld, and a couple of feature films including The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Some more Dufflepuds in addition to the ones featured on the official cast list and the ones already featured on this thread:

Chris Ford - Dufflepud
Dufflepud design on actor Chris Ford

Beth Hathaway - Dufflepud
Actors Nick Nield and Beth Hathaway on set as Dufflepuds; make-up by Paul Katte and Katherine Brown

Thanks to MundoNarnia.com for the story on the Dawn Treader Sailor, and thanks to AslansCountry.com for the story on the Dufflepuds.

EDIT: I've gone back and updated one of the unknown castings on Page 6, as Hayden Black is confirmed to have been the Body Double for Edmund in this article here:

http://www.northernstar.com.au/story/20 ... ean-shore/
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Previous