This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Children in older versions

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Which child?

Lucy
17%
Peter
13%
Susan
8%
Edmund
17%
Caspian
8%
Eustace
13%
Jill
25%

Total votes : 24

Children in older versions

Postby juzuma loves lucy » Jul 05, 2011 4:49 am

All are talking about Walden films. I just thought who were your fav all time and who in any version. And who never did his or her job good. I found one topic yet: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3360 and though I didn't grow up with older films ( because I'm not grown-up yet XD) I always thought it's a part of mine.
Lucy:Do you remember who really defeated the White Witch?
Peter: Yes.
Susan:No.
Lucy:Do you both believe in Narnia?
Narnians, Caspian and Edmund:We believe.
Susan and Peter:Shut up.
juzuma loves lucy
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Children in older versions

Postby Shy Galadriel » Jul 05, 2011 9:24 am

I assume we're talking about the BBC version; my favorite in that case would be Peter. I had a huge crush on him growing up, and still prefer his performance to Mosley's. I think that every other Pevensie in the BBC was not so great and even terrible (Lucy). Caspian, Eustace and Jill were all good in their ways, but nobody stood out the way that Peter did.
Funny thing, I watched the LWW again after many years and discovered that Peter was shorter than Edmund... :-o That was a shock. I never noticed that, and even then I thought the big-brother bit was pulled off extremely well.
[Edit] I haven't seen the BBC versions for a long while, I saw the BBC LWW most recently about 5 years ago, so even that's been a while. I don't really remember any of the characters in them (except SC) so my opinions may be a little vague. Except Peter... he's still cute.
I dreamt that I dwelt in marble halls

<3 As you wish <3
Shy Galadriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 05, 2011 10:48 am

I tink a lot of them did good. But my favorite is tied between Susan and Jill. I love watching BBC Susan and her character more in the BBC than Walden Susan. Walden Susan while she is pretty, that is just it Anna is just pretty and she can fight like legolas. Even adult Susan I had to wince because to me she didn't look beauiful enough to have every prince, king, duke, and lord to fight wars over her. To me her looks just were not worth it like it is in the stories. I thought adult Lucy was more beautiful.

Susan to me should be very poised, beautiful, elegant and gentle and BBC Susan is just that to me in my opinion. Even adult Susan in the BBC was just gorgeous, I can believe why all the royals would fight for her hand in marriage.

I love Jill in the series, I think almost everybody does. She brought the character to life for me and she really was the best casting choice.

As for the others I loved them even Lucy. Though I sometimes laugh at some of her performances in LWW and PC but I really loved her overall performance in VDT.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby juzuma loves lucy » Jul 06, 2011 4:47 am

There is also animated LWW but it's rather different. And brief clips from 1967 LWW, though I think those clips don't suffice to be sure. For me in each version they were great. All. I don't care about Caspian and Lucy's bad teeth in BBC!
Lucy:Do you remember who really defeated the White Witch?
Peter: Yes.
Susan:No.
Lucy:Do you both believe in Narnia?
Narnians, Caspian and Edmund:We believe.
Susan and Peter:Shut up.
juzuma loves lucy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Valiant » Jul 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Jill was my favorite. I thought the actress was great, especially in comparison to most of the other actors, which, IMO, weren't very good.
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby CharlotteRose » Jul 10, 2011 11:39 am

Yes. I liked Jill in the series because i think that she is almost exactly how I pictured her in the book (appearence an perfromance wise :) )
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Eustace » Aug 18, 2011 8:57 am

I really liked the Eustace in the old movies too. But yes, it was a hard between Jill and Eustace.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Evelyn » Jan 01, 2012 1:12 pm

I've always liked BBC Jill. She was a lot how I pictured Jill when I read the book. I never really liked the Pevensie's a whole lot. But that could have been partly the script.
Merry Christmas!

"I'm here to save Elizabeth!" ~ Will Turner
Evelyn
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Jan 01, 2012 3:29 pm

I liked something about every child in the BBC serials of the late 80s/early 90s.
I liked Peter's earnestness - not the actor's fault that the actor playing Edmund grew faster than him!
I liked Susan's sweetness and found her very realistic - just the way big sisters were when given responsibility.
I liked Edmund's sulkiness and later sense of authority.
I liked Lucy's wide-eyed looks, and her cute teeth (which made her look younger, although many americans don't like natural teeth), also her maturing in the second series (PC & VDT).
I liked Eustace's whole personality - good model for Harry Potter's cousin to be based on! His character developed well during his two series.
I liked Jill a bit less - her character wasn't scripted quite so well, but it was something that children could identify with.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie