This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Mr. Tumnus-James McAvoy

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Mr. Tumnus-James McAvoy

Postby Amat » May 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Hey I just realized that our favorite faun wasn't on here, unless I overlooked it mods.

Anyway, besides Caspian, he is my favorite character and James McAvoy performed perfectly in my book! The kindess in his eyes and the way he protected Lucy warmed my heart. God bless, Mr. McAvoy, wish you the best!

What do yall think?
"Famous folks" prayer request, now on facebook, http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=356574486073
Amat
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Mr. Tumnus-James McAvoy

Postby Valiant » May 17, 2011 6:10 pm

James McAvoy was perfect as Mr.Tumnus! I loved him. If they ever make LB, then I would love to see him back, even if he doesn't have a big part. Oh and I almost forgot he is in HHB! So if they make either of those films, I would want to see him back.:D
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby 220chrisTian » May 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Thanks for creating this thread, Amat! Tumnus is our favorite faun and James McAvoy the best actor for the role! :ymhug:

I almost feel like Lewis redeemed fauns in literature by creating Tumnus. Except for Aslan and Reepicheep, he’s my favorite non-human character in the Narnia series. Tumnus is good, honest, and faithful. :) Check out these threads to see what I mean about Lewis "redeeming" fauns.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=801&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1316&start=0

I love James McAvoy as Tumnus! He was perfectly cast. I can't imagine anyone else in the role. He far surpassed his BBC predecessor. McAvoy also matched the coloring of Lewis's description. I can't wait to see him in HHB and LB, if they're ever made. The scene where Tumnus gives Lucy a handkerchief actually came from LB, I believe. It was well done. :)

So what are members' thoughts on Tumnus's relationship with Lucy - in the books (LWW, HHB, LB) and movie (LWW)?
220chrisTian

Postby CharlotteRose » Jun 08, 2011 1:17 pm

I agree that James McAvoy was perfect as Mr Tumnus! He was really similar to how i pictured him and a really good actor. The relationship between Lucy and Mr Tumnus was really sweet and I think that the scenes with the two of them in were on the best in the film :)
I'd really like to see him back (Along with everyone else (fingers crossed!)) in LB and if they make HHB...
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 09, 2011 5:19 pm

I think James McAvoy did a great job as Tumnus. He and Georgie had great chemistry on camera. He isn't the way I pictured Tumnus when I read the books, because I pictured him younger -- like a child -- and Lucy's height, with brown skin. I think that's the way the book described him...

But James McAvoy was fantastic. I wonder if he'll do a cameo sometime... Maybe if LB is ever made. :)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.