This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Jill Pole: Appearance, Personality, and Portrayal

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

What does Jill look like to you?

Brunette (brown or black, any shade)
21%
Redhead (red, orange, ginger- any shade
4%
Blond Hair (from white to golden, to "dirty"-any shade)
10%
Hair with Body (straight, curly, crimped a mix- any body)
19%
Straight Hair (self explanatory)
11%
Blue Eyes
6%
Green Eyes
8%
Brown Eyes
7%
Hazel Eyes
13%
Black or Gray Eyes
1%

Total votes : 230

Re: Jill Pole

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Feb 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Wow. I don't get online for 3 weeks, I come back... and BAM! Hello everybody!
I agree with pretty much everything you guys are saying. Including about the looks. I think Jill should look like this:
- Light brown/blonde hair (not too long, maybe 6" longer than the shoulder) also wavy, not perfectly straight, but with slight curls. Not too poofy though! I think her hair should be very pretty. :p
- Blue/green eyes, but not brightly colored (I think hazel would be great too!)
- Pale (with a bit of a tan, like all of you said)
- A few freckles (it's possible freckles can come from the sun, since Jill is outside a lot)
- Relatively tall (I think she should be a little on the tall side, it might show people she isn't scared, but actually bold)
- A little on the thin side (maybe around 105-115 pounds?)
- Somewhat pretty (but dull enough so that she can still be a bit boring)
Now, Jill has to be strong, brave, bossy, but also kind and caring. She might be a little closed off in the beginning. I think the actress for Jill has to be something like that. I know great actors can hide their true personalities when on camera, but I think it would be best to have the actor act like the character.
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby High Queen of Narnia » Feb 08, 2010 4:37 pm

I want to audition for Jill...
You can't help feeling stronger when you look at a place where you won a glorious victory not to mention a kingdom, hundreds of years ago.
High Queen of Narnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby GlimGlum » Feb 08, 2010 11:51 pm

FAQ on The Silver Chair wrote:We receive emails on an almost weekly basis from young ladies dying to play the coveted role of Jill Pole. However, at this time there is NO CASTING for Jill Pole. The Silver Chair must be greenlit before casting can begin, and it will not be greenlit until after The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is released in theaters. We will keep this page updated with any news that we hear. In the meantime, our best advice to those seeking an audition is to make sure you have a good agent.

Just thought I would share this from the NarniaWeb Movie FAQ page for The Silver Chair. Let's hope that VDT does well enough so that SC will be greenlit and the auditioning for Jill may begin.

I will be most interested in who is chosen as Jill is my favorite human character from the books. Best wishes and good luck in advance to all those who get the chance. :ymapplause:

Also, welcome to High Queen of Narnia to NarniaWeb. :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby Wind_Eagle » Feb 09, 2010 3:44 pm

I think it wouldn't matter much wether the actress has a personality like Jill or not, since it doesn't matter much if the actress is a good one. I myself enjoy acting, and any actor/actress that I've met who is said to be good, is incredibly good at hiding their personality. I don't know if the actress having a personality similar to Jill's will help or not, but the only thing I ask is for them to choose an EXCELLENT actress, since personality won't help if you can't act... [-(

EDIT- What do you think of Madeline Carroll? She's American, but I'm mostly talking about her looks.

http://www.topnews.in/files/images/Madeline-Carroll2.jpg

http://www.topnews.in/files/images/MadelineCarroll.jpg
(Will) "I am Prince Caspian..." (Ben) "No you aren't, get off."
Wind_Eagle
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Feb 16, 2010 6:57 pm

I think Madeline Carroll is too pretty. Maybe somebody a little more plain? I'm probably leaning towards the original Jill Pole, around there in looks. The new Jill Pole doesn't really have to look like the original, but I just though that Camilla Power was a really good choice. Well, I think so. ;)
Like Wind_Eagle said, I don't think it matters to the movie what the actress who plays Jill Pole is really like. I just kinda thought it would be really cool if Jill Pole and her actress would be even remotely connected.
I'm excited to see who plays Jill Pole in the Silver Chair, as well as The Last Battle. I know everybody wants to play her, she is an amazing character. I think it would be lots of fun to be her. But I believe I'm going to leave it to the professionals who do this kind of stuff all of the time. (Even though if I actually end playing Jill Pole, I hope I make you guys happy, cause all of us are pretty picky, including me!!!! :D)
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Mar 22, 2010 11:05 am

I really do think that the actress should even a little bit have some characteristics of Jill...Andrew Adamson said he didn't want children who could play the Pevensies, he wanted children who were the pevensies. I think the same should apply for Jill. I don't want the actress to hide her personality since the more natural personality that shows through, the more believable the performance is.
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby SamuraiSally » Mar 28, 2010 9:04 am

My personal preference for how I picture Jill?

Short hair, text-book blonde... perhaps more brownish than blonde. Perhaps she changes from very pasty-white to a pretty golden brown on the trip (despite it's winter-ness...). And as for her height? Well, actually, the book clues us in.

On page 74 of "The Last Battle", the dialogue goes like this (quoted from the book)

"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wonderous wood-made. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better."

"She's so small, that's what helps," whispered Eustace.
Wait a second... if there's no "I" in "team", then how am I on the team, and if so, why are you lecturing me?
SamuraiSally
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Mar 29, 2010 11:17 am

I like the idea of the skin color change as the movie progresses.
I just wanted to point out that "small" does not have to just apply to her height; it could also mean she is very slender.

Also, welcome to Narnia Web, SamuraiSally!
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby SamuraiSally » Mar 30, 2010 4:14 am

Ah, that is true... it could be referring to that. Even moreso because, well, it hints that she's slender other places, as in comparing the size of her weight to the snake's body:

(Well, it's a hint that she's slender, mainly because Tirian could grab the snake by the throat, and use the other hand to [try to] hit the snake with the sword)

...Well, what can I say? I look for clues as often as possible. And thanks for the welcome, guys! I appreciate it. :)
Wait a second... if there's no "I" in "team", then how am I on the team, and if so, why are you lecturing me?
SamuraiSally
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 03, 2010 7:43 pm

SamuraiSally wrote:
(Well, it's a hint that she's slender, mainly because Tirian could grab the snake by the throat, and use the other hand to [try to] hit the snake with the sword)

Dont you mean Rilian? lol.. that's alright.

I do have to disagree with getting a younger actress because when or if this movie will be made Will Poulter will be around 18 years of age. Depending on how grown up Will would look the actress for Jill will be older then 13-15. She should be around or look the age of 16-18.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lu_valient » Apr 04, 2010 6:03 am

I must say something quite contradictory.
even though i'm really interested in part of jill. and jill is supposed to be the same age as eustace and eustace is supposed to be younger than lucy, will is older than georgie and personally i think that for once we should have someone the right age
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby SamuraiSally » Apr 04, 2010 7:56 am

oops! I always get Rilian and Tirian mixed up... despite that they look nothing alike in my head...

Age arguments? Hmm... let's see here.

Pevensies start out with Lucy being around 10-12, Edmund being a year older than her (11-13), Susan being about two years older than him (13-15), and Peter older than all, probably around 14-16.

Skip ABOUT a year. Lucy is anywhere from 11-13 now. Edmund is probably 12-14, etc, etc, depending on when their birthdays fall.

Next adventure: skip another year. So Lucy: 12-14 and Edmund: 13-15, with Eustace being about 1 to 2 years younger than lucy, making him 11-13 years old.

Skip merely a few months, with Eustace somewhere around 12 and so that makes Jill about the same age as him.

That's merely book-wise. In the movies, everyone's a bit older. So, Jill should probably be anywhere from 13-16 in the movies. I'd vote for 14 years old. Not "too old for Narnia" and not too young to be a burden to anyone.

Then, for the Last Battle, she'd be around 14-17.

Doesn't everyone just LOVE listening to someone rant on? I know I enjoy doing all the talking. :p
SamuraiSally
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Lu_valient » Apr 04, 2010 2:53 pm

SamuraiSally I most totally agree on how you said the age range is like that and JillPoleWannabe123 are you because that would be a big part of it

Oops sorry I meant your age
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 05, 2010 1:30 pm

Then again we have to wait what Will Poulter will look like once he's 18 because that's when guys gets their last minute growth spurt. I would like the actress to be in his age range. IDK we'll wait and see.

Then again we have Cor/Aravis and Digory/Polly's ages the movie crew can be bound to get just right.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby SamuraiSally » Apr 07, 2010 9:58 am

Hm. Any suggestions for the actress who plays her? I don't really watch too many movies, but I do know that I want someone who's quite plain, actually.
SamuraiSally
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 07, 2010 1:55 pm

My personal favorite for the role of Jill Pole has always been and always will be
Dakota Blue Richards

I dont care if she was in the Golden Compass, that does not mess with the fact that she is a good actress and could actually pull off the role of Jill Pole.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext