This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Jill Pole: Appearance, Personality, and Portrayal

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

What does Jill look like to you?

Brunette (brown or black, any shade)
21%
Redhead (red, orange, ginger- any shade
4%
Blond Hair (from white to golden, to "dirty"-any shade)
10%
Hair with Body (straight, curly, crimped a mix- any body)
19%
Straight Hair (self explanatory)
11%
Blue Eyes
6%
Green Eyes
8%
Brown Eyes
7%
Hazel Eyes
13%
Black or Gray Eyes
1%

Total votes : 230

Re: Jill Pole: Appearance, Personality, and Portrayal

Postby DamselJillPole » Aug 12, 2012 11:32 pm

:ymblushing: haha the conversation above me was hilarious. 8-}

And yes I agree with all of you and especially the newcomers. I'm glad a lot are wanting Jill to have brown hair/ light or medium brown and especially the hazel eyes, I love those colored eyes. Or maybe brown, there's too many blue eyes going on with the other actors.

Here's a couple of actresses that I think may look like a great Jill Pole:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3041648/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2645374/

Why does this girl has to be American?! :(( She is exactly how I picture Jill Pole to look.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3268164/
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby juzuma loves lucy » Aug 20, 2012 2:14 am

@DamselJillPole No way! One girl is Canadian, the other Australian and all three will be too old for the role when the next movie comes out, that is around 2018. As for me London accent is a must for Jill. The accent often says a lot about the character. Therefore yes, there must be a British actress. I liked Jill in the 1989-90 series, she was just like the book. I don't care about looks. It should just be normal.
Lucy:Do you remember who really defeated the White Witch?
Peter: Yes.
Susan:No.
Lucy:Do you both believe in Narnia?
Narnians, Caspian and Edmund:We believe.
Susan and Peter:Shut up.
juzuma loves lucy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Anfinwen » Aug 20, 2012 5:55 am

I found a picture of a girl that looks a lot like I imagined Jill. As far as I know she isn't an actress. This is just how I think Jill should look. The picture is from Sense and sensibility patterns.

Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Aug 31, 2012 10:15 am

juzuma loves lucy, I stated that their looks is what I want to see in Jill. not mainly them acting the roles although an Australian actress can suffice in the role, in my opinion. Gael was Australian but but didn't really sound like it. Even Mia Wasikowska, who is Australian takes on a lot of British roles perfectly.

Also just because the next film would come out in 2018 because of the 7 year wait does not mean that they cannot get started putting Silver Chair in preproduction and film it in 2015. If they don't go with a reboot of this series then thats what I believe they would do, in my once again, opinion. ;)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Linden » Sep 12, 2012 6:03 pm

I just voted, but really, I think I'd be happy with any number of interpretations of Jill. The picture in my head is of Jill with straight blonde to light brown hair in a page cut (or a little longer) with green, brown, hazel, or grey eyes. I'd gladly go for a redhead Jill, being a redhead myself, but that's not how I pictured her. For me, though, her haircut is more important than her hair color. And her acting skills most important of all. Jill's actress is going to have a heavy load.
Linden
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 01, 2013 9:41 pm

I picture Jill with chin-length, wavy hair that is either dirty blond or light brown.

I think it would be best to get an actress who is short and small-framed. And most importantly, she must be someone who can portray a feisty spirit that more than makes up for that smallness. ;)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby starkat » Jul 05, 2013 8:17 pm

Jill Pole:

Appearance & Personality: between 5'1 and 5'4 depending on the age the cast her at. Shoulder length brown hair. She doesn't strike me as one who cares much about a particular style, so something simple and non fussy for a hairstyle. Green or hazel eyes. Capable of smirking without actually showing it and capable of showing a snarky side, a gentle side, and a determined side.

I've always pictured Jill as someone who starts out almost as a drab blend into the background type that grows and matures through her time in Narnia into a true lady of Narnia. Not the wilting flower genteel type, but someone similar to Lucy, but a little more feminine. We know she has the potential for a sneaky streak based on the LB, so that's why I always pictured her with a bit of snark and a lot of determination.
starkat

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jul 06, 2013 3:34 am

I'd imagine Jill as someone rather short for her age, and maybe a bit behind in her schoolwork, due to forgetting what it was she was supposed to do and also being bullied. Maybe that is enough in itself for fellow students to think they could get away with bullying her, especially if her surname is a contrast to her appearance. I'd also see her as having hidden strengths that she, herself, has yet to discover, such as her acting ability at Harfang.

I'd think of Jill Pole as a bit grotty and untidy because she forgets where she puts things sometimes, but mainly because that is the way she would be force to be on the long journey to Harfang and elsewhere. Little or no time for a wash, you see. But that doesn't mean she can't appreciate nice clothes and people being nice to her. In Narnia, it is Jill who first suspects that the woman who enticed Rilian was probably the snake as well. It is hard to pick Jill's character as it grows whilst she learns that everyone who seems nice is not necessarily well-intentioned, and that even nasty people like her nasty schoolmates are not always what they seem.

I'd expect a competent actress to bring out these points, but I am at a loss about how she would look. Probably nothing special, such as having brown hair and hazel eyes, the lot of many. At least brown hair and hazel eyes are better to have than dismally grey hair and eyes that need medical attention, as Jill would agree in LB.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Yes, I believe it was mentioned somewhere in one of the books, (I think The Last Battle) that Jill is short, or at least shorter than Eustace if I remember correctly.

I think the BBC adaptation caught Jill's appearance perfectly. She had blue eyes, light brown hair with some waves in it, etc. As long as they cast somebody of English ancestry, I'll feel fine with however Jill may look.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby De_De » Jul 07, 2013 10:58 am

I always imagined her with dark hair, not black, but dark brown with green eyes, I always imagined with straight hair up to her shoulders. Although I really liked The Lady Arwen Undómiel's pictures. I really like the way she looks.
I also remember reading something about her being a bit short. I always did imagine her as kind of a small fighting-spirited sort of girl. And it does say in the LB that she did archery, no? Or am I mixing something?
I agree with Louloudi the Centaur that for me is not her looks but her character. She has a very interesting character I think, and it might be a bit difficult to portray her in film, so she won't come out looking stuck up.
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Previous