This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Jill Pole: Appearance, Personality, and Portrayal

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

What does Jill look like to you?

Brunette (brown or black, any shade)
21%
Redhead (red, orange, ginger- any shade
4%
Blond Hair (from white to golden, to "dirty"-any shade)
10%
Hair with Body (straight, curly, crimped a mix- any body)
19%
Straight Hair (self explanatory)
11%
Blue Eyes
6%
Green Eyes
8%
Brown Eyes
7%
Hazel Eyes
13%
Black or Gray Eyes
1%

Total votes : 230

Re: Jill Pole

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Sep 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Dirty blond seperates her from the pevensies and green eyes would look stunning w/ the dirty blonde!!! btw, how do y'all want jill to progress in maturity? Do you think she should be sorta babyish(nervous, rude, selfish, etc.) in the beginning and be more grown-up in the end? Or should be less of a noticeable change?
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Oct 01, 2009 6:10 pm

Good point A_Narnian_Ship. :D It is very important how Jill should progress in maturity. /:) I think it should be over the course of the Silver Chair AND The Last Battle. :-o Like, in the beginning, she could be pretty childish, and at the end of the Silver Chair, she could have grown up a little. ;) Then when she comes back to Narnia for the second time, she could be a lot more mature. :) This could be just from age, or from it being her ssecond visit to Narnia. What do you think? =))
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Oct 02, 2009 6:08 am

A_Narnian_Ship wrote:btw, how do y'all want jill to progress in maturity? Do you think she should be sorta babyish(nervous, rude, selfish, etc.) in the beginning and be more grown-up in the end? Or should be less of a noticeable change?

A more noticeable change is definitely in keeping with the books. She was very selfish and rude in the beginning of SC, but by the time they got to Harfang, she decides to take the blame for muffing the signs and walking past the Ruined City. In the Underworld, she's courageous enough to be complimented by Prince Rillian when facing the Serpent/Witch Queen.
In LB, she say's she'd rather be killed fighting for Narnia than die at home, in England, another instance of her courage. She isn't proud (I'm thinking of when Tirian asks if she can use a bow, and she says "Nothing worth talking if. Eustace isn't bad, though."), and she is compassionate to Puzzle, even to the point of standing up for him when he is threatened by Tirian.
That is a huge jump from what we see in SC.

JillPoleWannabe123 wrote:Then when she comes back to Narnia for the second time, she could be a lot more mature. :) This could be just from age, or from it being her ssecond visit to Narnia. What do you think? =))

Age does not indicate maturity. I know twenty-year-olds who act like thirteen-year-olds. It's a matter of character.

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby lostin1800 » Oct 02, 2009 9:39 am

So true, age isn't the cause for how mature you are. A 60 year old man could act as if he is an immature teen boy(If you get my meaning). [-x [-x

I think she should show her maturity by how much she can stand up for herself compared to before, doesn't whine alot anymore, less concerned for herself and more for others aswell as more self assured. :)
*We three kings of Orient are; bearing gifts we traverse afar, field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star...*
~Merry Christmas From Lostin1800~
lostin1800
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby NothinButNarnia » Oct 03, 2009 11:30 am

Yes, i agree lostin1800. And I don't think Jill proud or has a big head in LB, but does in the beginning of SC when she is crying, she doesnt want to talk to Eustace or have anything really to do with him and constantly complains.....
av / sig by me, PM if you want one
saw the movie opening weekend and cried at the end!
Jesus DIED for ME and YOU!
NothinButNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 05, 2009 11:58 am

Any hidden talents you think Jill might posses? I mean, not just in physical things, but in spiritual as well?
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby HappyGiant » Oct 05, 2009 1:55 pm

ok so,
Narnian Ship, I think she's quite compassionate. (if that's what you mean by spiritual talents). She doesn't like killing, and she saves Puzzle... although she has a bit of a temper ( remember the dwarfs in LB? ;) ).
HappyGiant
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Oct 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Right. She should be very compassionate towards other people. I'm not sure, but maybe she could be a little bit sensitive. Well, she should have a pretty hard shell on the outside, but on the inside I hope she will be a little more soft. In the beginning of the SC, she was crying because people had been bullying her. And her soft personality would come out a tiny bit more as the books go on. Don't get me wrong, Jill should be spunky, sort of snappy, and bossy, but I think she might become sweeter, and willing to accept that she made a mistake.
By the way, that Jill Pole better be able to act, or nothing that we want is going to happen. :ymsmug:
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 07, 2009 6:34 pm

I'm sure she will, jillpolewannabe123. ;) I can't imagine them(casting directors) picking someone who couldn't fulfill the part of jill. They did such a great job with the pevensies(debate is still on for caspian but oh well)
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DOECOG » Oct 10, 2009 10:11 pm

Does anyone know exactly how old Jill is supposed to be in SC? I’ve always thought Eustace and her were about nine or ten, but I don’t know for sure.
DOECOG
Daughter Of Eve
Child Of God
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are... 1 John 3:1
DOECOG
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby HappyGiant » Oct 11, 2009 12:26 pm

The Narnia timeline says she and Scrub were 9, but I'd personally think they'll make them older for the movie. Plus, no way will Will Poulter look 9.
HappyGiant
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 11, 2009 7:30 pm

Probably 14 or 15 since Poulter is so old(16) I can't really imagine my 9 year old cousin as jill...shes just too young
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnian_at_heart » Oct 12, 2009 10:19 am

I don't think Jill should be babyish. I always thought of Jill as being fourteen or fifteen. Babyish would totally spoil everything.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 12, 2009 11:29 am

agreed narnian_at_heart. Jill is certainly not babyish. She is Lewis's stongest female charater(in my opinion) and I admire her for her bravery. by the way, welcome to Narnia Web!!!
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Oct 12, 2009 8:55 pm

In the books, Eustace and Jill are supposed to be 9 or 10. Most likely, the casting directors won't pick anyone that is younger than 11 most likely. I always pictured Jill and Eustace the same age, or at least close. I mean, they are going to the same school, and I believe they are in the same grade. Will looks pretty young for his age, from what I've seen. You say he's 16? I was thinking 14 from the first time I saw him. :-o I think the casting directors could pick someone as young as 13, maybe even 12. I would say 13 would be what I imagined. What do you guys think?
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Oct 13, 2009 2:59 am

Jill and Eustace have to look the same age, give or take a year.
It is hoped that Will won't have lost his youthful look, or grown too much, so that the Jill can be cast to look about 13 or 14 at most. They are not supposed to be a couple of mid teens, but mere children (more like Edmund in LWW). Their next appearance in Narnia is several years later, in LB, and they are still at school (about 16/17 in the books - in the films we could accept two or three years from SC to LB I suppose).
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

PreviousNext