This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Jill Pole: Appearance, Personality, and Portrayal

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

What does Jill look like to you?

Brunette (brown or black, any shade)
21%
Redhead (red, orange, ginger- any shade
4%
Blond Hair (from white to golden, to "dirty"-any shade)
10%
Hair with Body (straight, curly, crimped a mix- any body)
19%
Straight Hair (self explanatory)
11%
Blue Eyes
6%
Green Eyes
8%
Brown Eyes
7%
Hazel Eyes
13%
Black or Gray Eyes
1%

Total votes : 230

Re: Jill Pole

Postby Watziznehm » Nov 13, 2009 6:01 pm

I'm sorry if I have offended. I figured that you were asking for it though when you said 'don't judge me' and needed a bit of teasing about it. If you had said nothing I would have left well enough alone. Again, I'm sorry. :ymhug:
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby GlimGlum » Nov 13, 2009 10:52 pm

Getting back to Jill Pole... :| I think certain aspects of her character will be quite interesting to the movie audience that hasn't read the CON books. One in particular would be the fact that she is unafraid of heights, even great ones; but is terrified of being in small, narrow, enclosed places (claustrophobic). [-x

I think movie audiences will really like this new character when The Silver Chair comes out. It will be most interesting to find out how many young girls will be auditioned for this role. My personal guess is that it could be in the thousands. #:-s ~x(
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Nov 17, 2009 4:22 pm

most definitely, GlimGlum, there will be thousands!!!(from your smilies, do you have a problem w/ that?) I always thought of her being very compassionate while still having a good portion of selfishness in her. Still, I think she'll make an excellent leader in LB. Her self-determination is definitely an excellent quality, which is evident in the last battle with her forcing herself to fight and to stop "blubbering like a baby". She has common sense(a rare quality these days :| )
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby GlimGlum » Nov 17, 2009 5:46 pm

A_Narnian_Ship wrote:most definitely, GlimGlum, there will be thousands!!!(from your smilies, do you have a problem w/ that?)

No, I don't. I was mainly thinking of the production people who will have to deal with that. With that many girls trying out for Jill, a good number will probably be easy to dismiss but a good number won't.

I think the final part of the whittling down process will be especially tough for Jill's character. I have a strong feeling that the final candidates for this character are going to be pretty strong ones. (Maybe it is just because she is my favorite human character from our world to enter Narnia.) :)

Anyway, if anyone who reads this gets to audition for Jill, wish you the best. :ymapplause:
GlimGlum

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Nov 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Thank you! Thank you... Jk. :p
I don't believe there will be more than the thousands auditioning for Jill Pole though. Some people who want to be Jill won't be able to go audition because they might live half way across the world. Most probably won't have the money to fly around and stuff like that.
I actually don't want someone famous to be Jill Pole. I really don't. I mean, I had no clue who Anna Popplewell or William Moseley was until I saw them in the past Narnia films. I think it is better that way, because then you wouldn't judge the person, just the character. ( Btw, I totally think differently for Puddleglum. Do any of you people think Johny Depp would play Puddleglum well? Just a thought... B-) )
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Nov 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Very True!! I do not want someone famous playing Jill. Not that I have a problem w/ famous people, I just don't want to associate Jill w/ someone else just because the actress played a different character in another movie. Congrats to whoever gets the part!
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill and Lucy » Nov 24, 2009 7:40 am

Not famous Actress. I think I anderstend Jill peronality she is al litle coldly and wants to be soft. But she can´t beacause she is litle shy and is afraid about what people think about her. when she came from Narnia has she change and is not longer shy.

I now I am differen but when I was reading The books image I Jill with red hair and blue eyes and tiny but then haven´t I watch the BBC film.
Jill and Lucy
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Watziznehm » Nov 25, 2009 2:44 pm

Jill isn't a shy sort of person, even to start with. Someone who would tell a boy to his face he hadn't been all that swell 'last term' isn't a shy person.
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Nov 26, 2009 4:53 pm

I agree with you Watziznehm. I don't think Jill should be too shy, if she was, then she wouldn't be as bossy.
Right, no offense to famous people. We all love you, but you're not for Narnia. :)
Red hair just doesn't look right to me on Jill. Plus, I don't want her to be really pretty. Wouldn't it be better if Jill were more plain? If she were stunning, then she would stand out too much at her school.
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby karadoge » Nov 28, 2009 3:50 pm

Hey, do you know when they will start the auditioning?
karadoge
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Nov 29, 2009 12:37 pm

JillPoleWannabe123 wrote:Plus, I don't want her to be really pretty. Wouldn't it be better if Jill were more plain? If she were stunning, then she would stand out too much at her school.

Right. but not too plain...maybe a subtle sort of pretty, like you wouldn't think so at first but she makes you want to look again. No red hair, though she would have a temper to match her hair :p I really like what we were discussing before; blonde/brown hair w/ green/brown eyes, medium height. I don't think we talked about hair length though.
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lady Jill » Nov 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Or Jill could be stunningly gorgeous and the reason she is teased could be because the bullies are jealous of her. And the reason that she is a bit of a tomboy could be that she hates how people will give her second glances because of her beauty. As for hair color (as discussed before) it should be a dirty blonde. Also if it were shoulder length and wavy/slightly curly it would fit the time period.:)
Lady Jill
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Nov 30, 2009 6:19 pm

I was looking at some pictures from the late 40's early 50's and the hair was shoulder-length and curled slightly around the face, framing it nicely. It made me think of Jill the instant I saw it.
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby GlimGlum » Nov 30, 2009 11:53 pm

karadoge wrote:Hey, do you know when they will start the auditioning?

Here is a link that can help with that question. :)

http://www.narniaweb.com/info/narnia-movie-faq/the-silver-chair
GlimGlum

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Dec 03, 2009 12:12 pm

Here is a picture of a possible hairstyle for Jill.... it looks more true to the time-period than Lucy and Susans have been.
1940s-hairstyles.jpg
1940s-hairstyles.jpg (3.29 KiB) Viewed 10174 times
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby lostin1800 » Dec 04, 2009 10:46 am

Yeah, I completely sagree. I'd like it if they added on a fringe.
*We three kings of Orient are; bearing gifts we traverse afar, field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star...*
~Merry Christmas From Lostin1800~
lostin1800
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext