This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Jill Pole: Appearance, Personality, and Portrayal

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

What does Jill look like to you?

Brunette (brown or black, any shade)
21%
Redhead (red, orange, ginger- any shade
4%
Blond Hair (from white to golden, to "dirty"-any shade)
10%
Hair with Body (straight, curly, crimped a mix- any body)
19%
Straight Hair (self explanatory)
11%
Blue Eyes
6%
Green Eyes
8%
Brown Eyes
7%
Hazel Eyes
13%
Black or Gray Eyes
1%

Total votes : 230

Re: What does Jill look like to you?

Postby Brisa » Jan 20, 2011 3:31 pm

I picture Jill as having pale, almost platinum blond hair that's straight and cut short (as in chin-length.) I picture her as being slim, but not that short-an average height, really. I never thought about her eyes.

I've no idea where this mental picture came from, but I guess it's here to stay ;)
Brisa
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lu_valient » Jan 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Brisa wrote:I picture Jill as having pale, almost platinum blond hair that's straight and cut short (as in chin-length.) I picture her as being slim, but not that short-an average height, really. I never thought about her eyes.

I've no idea where this mental picture came from, but I guess it's here to stay ;)

I think it would be odd if Jill was blond, Polly is the one I picture as blond.
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Brisa » Jan 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Yep, I picture Polly as blond too :p. But not nearly as pale, more of a bright golden blond.

Like I said, I have no idea where the idea of a blond Jill came from. All I know is that it's here :p
Brisa
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby outlier » Jan 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Hmmmm well I didn't get the time to skim all 30 some pages, but I think that I saw somewhere in the first few pages that Jill should look spunky and I agree with that, but more specifically, I think that she should be blond like many others think.... More of a dirty blond (bordering burnette) though with somewhat frizzy hair... I never thought of eye color before... ended up voting for hazel

Something that I thought of while I was browsing was what if Jill started out in SC as a spunky girl with dirty blond slightly frizzy hair and then when she comes back for LB, we get to see her grown up just a little bit and maybe she's matured a bit and maybe her hair has gotten a little less frizzy??? Just throwing that idea out there...
Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Jill » Jan 21, 2011 6:40 am

In the illustrations Jill has platinum chin length hair but I could just never see her like that she has always been a brunette an my head. Frizzy hair is a good idea, a bit tomboyish for a girl who worries so much about not washing and sleeping with your clothes on but a good idea anyway.
Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum
Jill
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Standing at the door to Aslans country from Experiment House

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 23, 2011 12:22 pm

brunette with brown eyes and straight hair! :D that's how I see her. maybe that's because that's exactly how I look..... :D :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby CharlotteRose » Jan 25, 2011 11:51 am

I think it is good that everyone has there own opinion on how Jill should look. I only hope that the casting director will pick up on the prospective Jill's acting quality as well! So far its been fab, the quality of acting and the physical appearences of actresses/tors have both great.
I'm thinking brown hair, shoulder length? Blue/grey eyes, tall maybe? and like some others have said, pretty but not too pretty? perhaps a feature that is unusual like a beauty spot or something like that that will set Jill appart from others. I mean like Anna Popplewell's full lips, Georgie Henly's smile etc...
I think that also the actress should be little known or a newcommer. Maybe someone like Sophie Turner from the HBO sieries Game of thrones that will be airing in america soon. (But be warned if you google her, there is an australian undies model with the same name...as i descovered :-S) She isn't like how I immediatly imagined Jill but her acting is amazing and she is deffinately tall and pretty!
But everyone has there own opinion and this is just one of many i'm sure :-) Whoever gets the role is bound to win everyone over in the end though,eh?
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby eustacegirl » Jan 25, 2011 1:38 pm

I want her to look like Bella Thorne or for Bella thorne to play her. I want her hair to be long, reddish brown or brown and with curls. I want her with hazel eyes.
http://www.bellathorneonline.com/images ... play_media
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby JillPoleFan565 » Jan 25, 2011 1:47 pm

i am sorry eustacegirl if she is played by bella thorne i will not watch it because for one thing she is not british not a very good actress but her hair is right not eyes i am against hazel eyes! and she looks to young
watch me on youtube doing narnia monologues
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnnabananagirl
JillPoleFan565
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby eustacegirl » Jan 25, 2011 7:42 pm

I definately want her hair long with waves. I think her face should look like Bella's or Camilla Powers. However I want her hair long, not short like Camilla's. Long braids would work for me in SC. Then long and wavy for LB. Longer than Lucy's would be fine for me.
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Cara_Moines » Jan 27, 2011 12:00 pm

To be honest, I see Jill as medium - length ringletted dark brown hair, sort of medium to tall height, green eyes and quite a square jaw. It's hard to see how Jill could look, because once everyone's read the book, we all have our own image in our head of how she looks, but generally, I don't think it absolutely relies on what she looks like, as long as she is played by a good actress that gives the role what it needs, Jill Pole will be a very good character. :)
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
There is the utter East.
Cara_Moines
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby DamselJillPole » Jan 27, 2011 1:01 pm

I always imagined Jill with brunette hair with body and not straight, can be short or long, and with hazel eyes! ;)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Jill » Jan 29, 2011 12:12 am

Liberty I see her very much like that although I'm not so sure about eyes, I think I'm quite like you, I want her to look like me and I look quite like you!

Jill
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby JillPoleWannabe123 » Jan 29, 2011 2:55 pm

I think she should have meduim brown hair with bangs. It should be sort of long, with waves or curls. Maybe both. I always thought that she should sort of blend in, not really stand out in any way. And she should start out really pale in the beginning and become more tan from traveling in Narnia throughout the movie. Also she I'd like her to be 5' 6", or maybe a little taller or shorter, it depends on how tall Eustace is. And I'd love her with eyes that change color, or a mix of blue, green, gray, or hazel. I loved Camilla Powers, I think she was a great choice! Someone who looks like her would be fabulous. :D
I Like: Your mischevious smile, your rather weird hair, your perverse mind, our occasional annoying conversations, the funny random noises you make, the burning touch of your fingetips on my skin, how you know most of the things on my mind...
JillPoleWannabe123
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: With Eustace, entering into the beautiful land of Narnia (United States)

Postby Jill » Jan 30, 2011 3:31 am

I like the idea of her having mixed coloured or changing coloured eyes. I like think that her hair should grow and her skin should tan during the adventure and she should grow up when in Narnia. I adored Camilla Powers too but I wouldn't want whoever played Jill to be exactly like her, maybe darker hair or something like that. Not sure about bangs and I would much rather her hair was short and grew, this of course would make the filming a bit difficult but it would be realistic.

Jill
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy_the_Oracle » Jan 31, 2011 7:15 pm

I haven't read the thread yet, but I just thought I'd put in my opinion: For the longest time, I pictured Jill as having straight, blonde hair that went just past her shoulders, and blue/green eyes. Lately, though, a different sort of Jill has been popping up. Now I think she should have brown, curly hair, still just past her shoulders. I still like the green eyes, though. I picture her as having an "outdoors-y" look about her, like she's the sort of girl who isn't much for sitting around. But overall, I don't care so much what she looks like as much as I care about her acting skills. :p
As long as there is breath in my body, I will be For Narnia. And for Aslan.
Lucy_the_Oracle
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext