This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Who would YOU be?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Who would YOU be?

Jill Pole
30%
Rillian
No votes
Lady of the Green Kirtle
10%
Puddleglum
1%
Digory
1%
Polly
13%
Aravis
16%
Shasta/Cor
6%
Tirian
7%
Other
14%

Total votes : 69

Re: Who would YOU be?

Postby Sui-Lun » Jan 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Of course, I wanna be Jill too... there's a lot of competition out there... But other than her dislike for schoolwork, which I can sort of understand, I can say I am exactly her personality :) I want to be an actor, and Jill is THE role I have my eyes on!!!
But here's something weird: my friend from school, who is a grade younger, actually looks EXACTLY what I pictured her to ever be! So I was actually quite surprised the first time I saw her :p So I also hope she might end up with the role, even if that means I don't.
Sui-Lun
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narniainspires » Jan 13, 2012 8:43 pm

I also feel the same way, ever since I read the chronicles of narnia the silver chair I have thought to myself, I want more than anything to play the part of Jill Pole. That was a long time ago, but I still haven't given up that dream.
narniainspires
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby D-T » Feb 27, 2012 6:32 pm

I think-personality wise- I am most like Aravis, she is not girly, she'd rather be swimming than gossiping, she's bold, outspoken. but I look nothing like her, exept for the brown hair part I guess.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS
D-T
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: My head is in the clouds, Im not really sure what the rest of me is doing...

Postby AslansChild » Mar 01, 2012 1:01 pm

HEY!!! No one's mentioned Uncle Andrew! LoL :p
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Mar 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Are we allowed to magically change our age to play any role possible? :)) Cause if so, I'd play Jill. If not, probably the Lady of the Green Kirtle (if I'm in a bad mood :P ) or Queen Helen from MN. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby King_Erlian » Apr 05, 2012 8:56 am

I'd want to play Uncle Andrew. I probably have a bit too much of a stomach compared to how he's described in the book, but then Jim Broadbent looked nothing like how Horace Slughorn was described in "Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince".

Second choice: the voice of Bree - as a British Army colonel-type.

Third choice: King Lune. Having a belly shouldn't be a problem there!

Fourth choice: Rishda Tarkaan - it's always fun to play a villain.

I did think about King Frank / the Cabby, but I'm not so good at doing a Cockney accent (I'm from the north of England).
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby TheHalfbloodprincess99 » Apr 13, 2012 4:09 pm

I WOULD BE JILL POLE!

she's exactly like me, my mum read the book first than me and she started to call me Jill. and my name is Anna! /:)
TheHalfbloodprincess99
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby -centaur- » May 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Tough question :)
I was thinking of maybe Digory, but I had to go with Tirian. He is probably not my favourite character, but I really like his dedication to Narnia, Aslan, and his steadfastness even when faced with death. Such a cool character.

Also, I would be close to his age, assuming Walden kept making movies on a 2 1/2 year schedule (Mods, I don't know if that last comment is appropriate, since fanfiction is not allowed, sorry if so :p )
-centaur-
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wild rose » Jul 24, 2012 1:16 pm

I'd love to the the Lady of the Green Kirtle, not only because I'm either too old for anyone else :p but I really do like her. She is one of my favorite villins. Calm and gentle at one moment, and the next she's a deadly fearsome creature. Beats almost all villins (except perhaps the White Witch) and I'd enjoying playing her very much :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Em... hoo boy. Assuming I could magically change my age at will, I'd be either Jill or LotGK. ;)) Jill because I look vaguely like how I imagined her (and she's one of my favourites), and LotGK because I think it'd be quite the fun performance. I think I could pull that part off, but the impossible beauty... yeeeaaah. I can pretend, right? XD
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jul 25, 2012 11:11 am

For the character whom I can relate to the most and whose character I feel I could understand, I'd pick Polly. I've always kind of wanted to play her. I am too old now, I think, unless I acted younger? :P But Polly is my favourite and I think I'd enjoy that.

However, overall, the one character who I think I could envision myself playing better is Lasaraleen. xD My personality is nothing like hers (I hope. :P ), but my physical appearance probably matches hers in some ways. I often get cast as the Diva, for some reason, so I'd have fun playing the role, seeing as how she's dramatic and all.
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Out of those given in the poll - and if I had been young enough ;) - I choose Polly.
I find the period of her childhood to be interesting - like C.S. Lewis, I have also read Edith Nesbit, and that would be good period reading as preparation for playing that part.

I would also love to "be present" at the creation of Narnia (although I suspect that most of that would be CGI), as well as sharing the adventures with my friend Digory.

And then I could play Polly in LB and be roughly the right age for that book ;)
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby De_De » Jul 01, 2013 9:45 am

Without question I would be Aravis! She has this adventure, kinda ruff spirit to her. She has the guts to run away from home and start a new life! She is a bit rude at first, but she ends up to be a very caring and smart girl.
And of course the best thing is that she marries Shasta\Cor :P Who would want to miss an oppurtunity like that :p 8-}
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby King_Erlian » Apr 23, 2014 1:23 am

Last night I was dreaming that I was playing Rishda Tarkaan in a film of "The Last Battle", and having the time of my life doing it. I think I may be rather good at it... :D
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby PhelanVelvel » Apr 23, 2014 8:31 pm

Though I don't look the part, I'd like to play Aravis. I love horseback-riding and I identify with her "tomboyish" ways, for lack of a better word. Imagine spending most of the film on horseback! Now that would be an awesome experience! The only shame is that she doesn't fight in the book, though I'm sure that could be...ahem...altered slightly for the film. :P I think my scoffing and eye-rolling at Lasaraleen's prattling would be quite genuine. XD

Otherwise, I'd like to be a female character who gets to join the battle...Lucy in HHB or Jill in LB. Having the girls join the battles more is one thing that I really don't mind changing for the films. I like to see the females join in on the fight. That's one point where I'm like "Yeah...I don't care if it's different." I actually prefer it to be different, I think the female characters participating in battles less was something Lewis gravitated toward at one point (Father Christmas kind of says it for him...), and his views changed by LB.
PhelanVelvel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 09, 2014 12:57 pm

I chose "Other." I'm not much of an actress, but I think I might be able to run up to a group of people, cry for justice for the felling of my arboreal comrades, and then fall over. (I'm very good at falling over. ;)))

In short, the beech dryad at the beginning of The Last Battle. ;)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

PreviousNext