This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Reepicheep

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Reepicheep

Postby RoseRed » Dec 07, 2010 1:07 am

I feel that this forum NEEDS a thread in which to discuss people views on movie reepicheep. :) To start with, my reactions to movie reepicheep in one word- fantastic.

his animation, voicing (didn't notice the change of voice, except that his voice was now brilliant!), the humor written for him, the depth of his character, his heart-warming relationship with Eustace....all where absolute highlights of the movie for me. I am very very glad that apted chose to put so much emphasis on reep, and that he developed him so much further than the cute gimmick ( :-s ) he became in PC (imho).
so I am eager to hear what other people thought of this movies portrayal of narnia's bravest mouse :D
Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.
RoseRed
NarniaWeb Junkie

Re: Reepicheep

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Dec 07, 2010 2:12 am

Reepicheep was always Aslan's mouse, and so of course he would be let into Aslan's country. And yes, I agree with you. :ymhug: Reepicheep did do a fantastic job, including the bloke who said his lines. There are a couple of shots which set Reepicheep as downright cute. One is seeing him curled up, sound asleep, in the same cabin space as Eustace had. The other one was at the end when he finally allowed Lucy to give him the sort of hug she had always wanted to give him.

And the way Reepicheep mentioned that tail. Aslan gave him the tail, mind you. =))
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby icarus » Dec 07, 2010 2:47 pm

I really liked Reepicheep in the movie. Along with Eustace i feel he was one of the few things they really really right.

The one thing i would say about his voice though - i personally found it was just noticeably different enough to Eddie Izzard's in Prince Caspian for it to be a minor distraction to me, but at the same time i didn't feel the voice was sufficiently different enough in performance to provide any new angle to the character. So i was kind of left feeling that they didn't really gain anything out of the change. But in the grand scheme of things it's not really a big complaint of mine.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby WickedDreamer » Dec 09, 2010 4:49 am

I hadn't read the books, so I was unaware that this was the last movie for Reep, and I was so overwhelmed when he entered Aslans country, i started getting teary, as I was so excited for the character of Reep as he had served Aslan so nobley in the PC and in this film as well. I loved the moments Reep had with Eustace, and especially loved the scene at the camp fire (?) scene, when he was trying to comfort Eustace after he had been turned into a dragon. :)

By lover of narnia
WickedDreamer
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby huge-narnia-fan » Dec 09, 2010 10:59 am

When Reepicheep left for Aslan's country: I cried.. and so did my best friend next to me.. He was amazing.. loved his character!
NW overseas-siblings with christin & nerdwriter
huge-narnia-fan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Dec 09, 2010 11:36 am

This is going to be so sad when I watch Reep disappear over the waterfall! I :(( (well I held back but was shiny-eyed) when Frodo left, so... :((

And Reep is so noble...and cute. Sorry Reep, but you are... ;)
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby joy93 » Dec 10, 2010 5:59 pm

I loved Reep!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D He was a such a noble character. Him and Eustace were so AMAZING together!!!!!!! I could not have asked for anything better :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
joy93
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Katana » Dec 11, 2010 9:24 am

No one touches the tail Period. Exclamtaion point!!

Lol best line ever :D
Im not inactive just very very busy
-Katana, Member of the Midnight Society, Weapons afficionado of the castle of Ivory&Gold, esteemed owner of a flying pickle
Katana
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Sitting on a sunny windowsill in the back hallway reading a book

Postby lysander » Dec 11, 2010 10:06 am

icarus wrote: i didn't feel the voice was sufficiently different enough in performance to provide any new angle to the character.

Hmm, really? Pegg gave a much more natural, down-to-earth, and gentle performance than Izzard, who played the character in a more brash and slapstick fashion, although some of this was due to the script. Reep really didn't do anything for me in PC, whereas here he was one of the high points. So I'm very glad they made the change. Aside from downplaying his desire for Aslan's country, the character was very well served here.
~~~~~
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
~~~~~
lysander
Moderator Emeritus

Postby HighQueenofNarnia » Dec 11, 2010 10:09 am

Katana wrote:No one touches the tail Period. Exclamtaion point!!

Lol best line ever :D

Well, not the best line, but one of the best funny lines in the film-- Period. Exclamation point! ;)
Pray for Skandar member! PM Benjamin to join!
I saw the film on Opening Day!
When all else fails, read the Instructions!
HighQueenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Fledge » Dec 11, 2010 3:12 pm

:ymapplause: Well done with Reep! Voice was good, animation was good, and character was good. I LOVED the relationship with Eustace. And I LOVED his relationship to Aslan.
Praying 4 Skandar member.
Fledge
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lady_Liln » Dec 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Ly wrote:Pegg gave a much more natural, down-to-earth, and gentle performance than Izzard, who played the character in a more brash and slapstick fashion, although some of this was due to the script. Reep really didn't do anything for me in PC, whereas here he was one of the high points. So I'm very glad they made the change. Aside from downplaying his desire for Aslan's country, the character was very well served here.
*dittos* Reep was very entertaining and pretty well on par, except for the bit you mentioned about Aslan's Country. I was pleasantly surprised with Pegg's performance. :)

Reep and Eustace were spot on! :D
Lady_Liln
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DestrierDragon » Dec 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Another character they got right! Reep and Eustace! I feel spoiled! ;) I am so glad that of all the things they tried to get right, the ones that really worked and were perfect were characters. :ymapplause:
I loved Reep's swordfighting tutorial with Eustace! :ymapplause:
If I had one complaint, I missed the "No Reep, I won't let you challenge him to single combat" moment. :(
Are you a writer!? Visit my site for Christian writers, www.pensofglory.com as we share the hope we have in Christ, and change the world with words
DestrierDragon
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 11, 2010 5:11 pm

I loved when he's singing on the VDT and Lucy catches him. So adorable!

Also loved Reepicheep's mentoring of Eustace in swordfighting also/of Dragon-Eustace not running away from battle and his encouragement of Dragon-Eustace. All sweetly done. Only quibble was that there was not enough of it shown onscreen.

Found myself wanting to do as Lucy and hug the mouse myself. =))

So sad when Eustace cried at Reep's departure, would have hoped he could have hugged him too or given Reep a farewell handshake LOL.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby FencerforJesus » Dec 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Three characters stood out to me the most. Edmund, Eustace, and Reep. Edmund mostly because Skandar has been the best actor in LWW and PC, and he delivered again in VDT. Eustace could not have been better and I REALLY hope they get going on SC quickly so I can see Will Poulter pull off another spectacular performance.

Then there is Reepicheep. He is by far the best animated character in a live action movie I have seen. He is even better than most purely animated characters. Graphics were perfect and his emotional depictions were stellar. I absolutely love his interactions with Eustace with three scenes standing out: the orange theft w sword fight, him with dragon Eustace, and then at the end. It is going to be hard to see SC knowing Reep is done in the series.

I know quite a few people don't like the movie because of the plot changes, but I will say though, that they nailed the characters about as good as they could. Vast improvement over PC.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby aragorn2 » Dec 11, 2010 9:15 pm

one word PERFECT :)
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Next