This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lucy-Georgie Henley

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Lucy-Georgie Henley

Postby Kat » Feb 13, 2011 10:01 am

New Japanese premiere pics of Ben & Georgie!

You can find the rest of the pics at Enchanted.
Kat
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby georgiefan1 » Feb 13, 2011 10:08 am

her dress!!! I want it!!! its so pretty!!!

thank you for the pictures and the link! I'm greatly enjoying all of the pictures!
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby 220chrisTian » Feb 15, 2011 1:49 pm

I watched the premiere video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsM6BacgM9w. And I noticed the exchange between Ben and Georgie, as well as fans' comments below the video. I didn't like it (or the comments)...

Georgie said she used to love Aslan. Then Ben suggested her new love was Caspian. Georgie replied, ‘Um, No.” Then she said she now loved Reepicheep. Why would Ben suggest Caspian?! He may have been tongue-in-cheek but it wasn’t funny. He’s 29, while Georgie is just 15. I really think Ben’s crossing a line. If anyone ships Ben/Georgie, I’ll puke! And some already are - on YouTube and Tumblr. X(
220chrisTian

Postby GlimGlum » Feb 15, 2011 3:11 pm

I would give young Mr. Barnes the benefit of the doubt, 220chrisTian. Ben strikes me as a gentleman who would not insinuate something that crossed the line in that way. So for now, I think OK not to be too concerned. :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby Kat » Feb 15, 2011 8:00 pm

I thought it was pretty clear that they were joking. It was harmless banter & pretty funny, IMO. If various on set candid pics are any indication, Ben & Georgie seem to be pretty close & have a good rapport. In a recent article Ben mentioned that Georgie's & Skandar's moms call him "Uncle Ben" because he used to take them to the various water parks while they were filming on the Gold Coast. It reminds me of the friendship she has with Will Moseley.

I hardly think it's fair to judge Ben because of what other people are implying on the net. They're both in the public eye & the speculation is bound to happen. If Georgie's mom trusts him, then who cares what people are saying?
Kat
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Feb 16, 2011 3:03 am

Ben's comment was more like a "who's your favourite character, is it the one I play" - and she sent the joke right back by saying it was a another CGI one played by an actor they don't even meet - just like Aslan was.
That's just banter.
It may be English humour vs American humour, but it feels normal to me.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Elanor » Feb 16, 2011 2:12 pm

I definitely don't think there's anything to get worried about in what they said - it was joking, and it was cute. :)
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby georgiefan1 » Feb 16, 2011 6:33 pm

I agree I dont think theres anything to be worried about, just some little bantering between the two of them :p
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby 220chrisTian » Feb 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Thanks for the comments, everyone, on the Japan premiere video. :)

London Fashion Week, Feb 18-23 = Georgie? She's mentioned in this article. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle ... lection.do

What's odd is that I can't find any mention of Alison Buddenhagen (Clemency London?) in the schedule. http://londonfashionweek.co.uk/catwalks ... wAW11.aspx

Can someone help me? Thanks.

EDIT: I looked up the official website and it says Clemency London will be at London Fashion Week this September, not this weekend. http://www.clemencylondon.com/

Georgie @ London Fashion Week: Mon, Sept 19, 2-4pm GST?
http://www.fashionweeknews.com/2010/09/ ... llections/
220chrisTian

Postby 220chrisTian » Feb 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Question: can someone tell me about the Caspian/Lucy plot in the original VDT script - and what happened next? I wasn't on NW when that happened (late 2008?). I just want the facts. Thanks.

Something else: I haven't seen the film yet ( :( ). But when I talked about the Japan premiere with a French friend (a big Georgie/Lucy fan), he said he didn't like the way Lucy acted with Caspian in the early part of the film, when they're in his cabin on the ship.

Because in the movie Lucy act like she want to be Susan and so in a scene she's like asking Caspian is he has a queen etc... and she put her hair on the side etc... (for me she was trying to seduce him (i thought it kinda shocking by the way)).

Lucy's character has changed in the movie from PC (a thing i didn't liked), and so yes i think in one scene she's kinda trying to seduce caspian.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with my friend's assessment? And whether yes or no, why?
220chrisTian

Postby Lucy_the_Oracle » Feb 17, 2011 5:49 pm

I didn't get that vibe at all. But since that's not something I would ever be okay with, I think I automatically assume no one else would be, either. So if they were trying to stick it in there, I probably wouldn't have noticed/pretended not to notice unless it was right up front. Because frankly, that's ridiculous. The only thing I thought was a little odd was the queen comment. Still, I did not take that as flirting.

And I wouldn't worry about the Georgie/Ben thing, either. I saw the video and took it as playful teasing, sort of like a cousin or a big brother. :)
As long as there is breath in my body, I will be For Narnia. And for Aslan.
Lucy_the_Oracle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby georgiefan1 » Feb 17, 2011 7:38 pm

The fashion thing sounds awesome!! She seems to really be enjoying doing things like that! Good Job Georgie! :D

and it was only one line where Georgie(Lucy) seemed to be flirting with Ben. It was cringe worthy but her "flirting" with him didnt overtake the entire movie (thank goodness!)
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 17, 2011 7:42 pm

In the leaked script Lucy only had this small crush on Caspian that hardly lasted. Caspian didn't even know about it or had any feelings for her. He was focused on the dreams he was having of Lilliandil.

Georgie looked gorgeous at the Japan premiere. Both her and Ben looked very cute too. ;)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Elanor » Feb 18, 2011 9:14 am

220Christian - I would not at all agree with your friend. Lucy feels like she's unimportant compared to Susan, as well as not nearly as pretty, which she wants (ask any girl - pretty natural). The thing with the hair was at the very beginning of the movie when she hadn't met Caspian yet, so it really has nothing to do with it.
I saw nothing at all that would make me think Lucy had a crush on Caspian, so don't worry. :)
Though I will admit, on my own, from the books and PC, I thought that it would be natural if she did kind of like him. I mean, he mostly ignored her, and she must have felt bad about that. But that was all from my own head, and wasn't because of the way she acted. :) And in VDT, they do a great job acting like brother and sister.
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 18, 2011 9:30 am

^ That's where I sort of beg to differ Elanor but I agreed on some parts :)

I wouldn't say that Susan is more important than Lucy I would say they would have almost the same important effect. In my mind I think Lucy should be the role model to girls more than anything rather than Susan. To me I feel sorry for Susan for the most part and i think others should too. I think since the films came out people get more attracted to who is playing her, how she fights, and how perfect she trys to be rather than concentrating on how much she changed from the stories (She used to be afraid of trying, she felt paranoid to me in the books and a tiny bit in the film LWW but came off as one of the best heroines to me on film) what she is going to become later on in life, it all depends on how the films will do it in LB and HHB.

But I've grown up with the books and story for 20 years now and never once did I look up to Susan, It's always been Lucy and Jill.

I also will admit that for a while I have been a Lucian fan before the films came out when i was more little. So I definitely didn't notice anything if Caspian was to ignore her in the books, he obviously didn't if I imagined that and hated Ramandu's daughter's character for it at one point. :p =))
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Elanor » Feb 18, 2011 9:40 am

Sorry if I came out wrong there, Damsel! :) I totally agree with that first part - Lucy is quite as important as Susan (as well as being as beautiful), but she doesn't think so in VDT. :)
But we shouldn't get into a discussion about Susan in the Lucy thread.
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext