This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lucy-Georgie Henley

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Lucy-Georgie Henley

Postby georgiefan1 » Oct 13, 2011 5:01 pm

I love to see Georgie expanding her acting style. To me, something she acts on a screen shouldn't change her religion. And "goth" is more of a type of clothes people where, not a faith

I'm extremely excited to see Georgie in another movie in any case :)
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Elanor » Oct 13, 2011 7:20 pm

You have a bigger problem with playing a goth then playing a murderer, AslansChild? Wow - that kind of blows me away. :P Could you explain why?
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby starkat » Oct 14, 2011 5:41 am

*dusts off her casting moderator cap and steps in*

Ok guys...

We have stepped from the realm of discussing Georgie and her roles into an area that is absolutely none of our business. Her motivation, her beliefs, and her reasons why for choosing a particular point are none of our business.

As none of that is public information, it falls into the category of gossip. Casting Rules state:

However, discussion of the actors' beliefs and private lives is considered gossip and is thus highly inappropriate here. Posts that bash an actor for something he/she says in a news article or TV appearance are disrespectful and will be removed.

Please drop this line of conversation now. If not, we will start to remove posts.
starkat

Postby AslansChild » Oct 14, 2011 2:28 pm

okay, sorry I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to Ms. Henley or gossip about her. I was simply commenting on her choices, she as an actor is a potential role model to some girls, was just commenting on her example.
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Oct 20, 2011 4:29 pm

I can't wait to see Georgie in a new role. It's going to be very interesting! It's time she does something different. It's going to be great for her career!
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby 220chrisTian » Oct 27, 2011 12:48 pm

"The Class Project": it's a waiting game now. Nothing new has appeared on the IMDb page since late September, when filming ended. The movie may premiere at the Sundance Film Festival next January, or it may not. For full news on the movie and Georgie's role in it, stay tuned to these sites. :)

Georgie Central http://georgieh.com
Skandar & Georgie http://skandarandgeorgie.com/
Facebook [unofficial movie page] http://www.facebook.com/perfectsisters
IMDb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2027231/combined

Georgie has a new photo shoot coming out in a secret magazine next January. It's secret because makeup artist Caroline Barnes can't reveal any information until the issue releases. Click here for more information.

Georgie Central has created a Christmas project for Georgie. Click here to see details. The deadline is December 4. :)
220chrisTian

Postby Lucy Queen of the Sea » Nov 06, 2011 5:24 pm

That looks really cool! :)
There's a sale at the
MAUL...
...everything's half off.
Lucy Queen of the Sea
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby HM Swanwhite » Mar 26, 2012 1:45 am

Hey everyone, its been a long time since I've posted on NarniaWeb. Anyhow enough reminiscing, I popped in here to get y'alls opinion on Georgie's name. Yup, you got it! Imdb and wikipedia seem to have changed their info to say her name is Georgina Helen Henley as opposed to Georgia Laura Henley. Anyone know why? Is this because it's actually her name or is it somehow a muck up?
Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby AslansChild » Mar 26, 2012 10:44 am

Wow, that's weird, on one hand, because we've been thinking "Georgie Laura Henley"...but when you think about it, Helen makes more sense. Her mums name is Helen, so it's not so weird when you think about it. :-?? :)
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DawnTreader07 » Mar 27, 2012 9:16 am

Apparently it's a topic of huge controversy on the Wikipedia page! Who knew?

My guess would be that since her sister is Laura and her mom is Helen, it's probably Helen since I think it might be more conventional for a mom to pass on her own middle name than to use the first name of a sibling. But that's total conjecture on my part :)
"Daughter, I have now lived a hundred and nine winters in this world and have never yet met any such thing as Luck. There is something about all this that I do not understand: but if ever we need to know it, you may be sure that we shall."
DawnTreader07
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby AslansChild » Apr 11, 2012 11:50 am

Anyone think the Henley girls resemble Judy Garland?

^ she's the far right

Image < Rachel H.

Image Georgie H.
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby CharlotteRose » May 21, 2012 7:10 am

yes I do... well spotted!
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby 220chrisTian » May 30, 2012 11:58 am

Some updates...

1. AslansCountry.com is running an online auction for Lucy's shoes, worn by Georgie in "Prince Caspian" (2008). They're NOT replicas. Current bid is $137.50. It ends June 20, 2012 at 10pm ET.

2. I reported on my website SkandarandGeorgie.com that Georgie recently gave a Narnia English and acting lesson during a J4 class (year 4, age 10) at Bradford Grammar School, where she attends sixth form. It's for the Duke of Edinburgh Award, silver level I think. Georgie earned the bronze level by December 2010, according to an interview.

I would love to see other actors do what Georgie is doing with Narnia, first at Copthorne Primary last May and now at BGS. She seems like a pioneer in this: Narnia films (any film) + education. I love that the UK has a yearly 'national film education week.' The US could take a hint! /:)

We're not sure when Georgie will graduate BGS and take her A-levels: spring 2013 or spring 2014? :-\

Wikipedia: I don't care what it says. I still think her name is 'Georgia Laura Henley.' The controversy is very recent. :p
220chrisTian

Postby coracle » Jul 09, 2012 3:18 am

Happy 17th birthday, Georgie!

220christian, English school students don't actually graduate, they just finish school.

If she did her GCSE's in 2011, I would expect she will take her A level exams in 2013 as it's usually a two-year study period between them. She is the right age to be Year 13 next school year ("Upper Sixth" as it was once known).
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 27, 2012 3:59 pm

It's interesting to see that she continues her acting - let's hope she'll get roles where she can develop her talent!

I preferred her acting in LWW and PC, she wasn't quite as brilliant in VDT - but it might also have to do with what she was given to work with. I would really like to see her again in HHB and LB!
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 31, 2012 9:08 pm

Varnafinde wrote:I preferred her acting in LWW and PC, she wasn't quite as brilliant in VDT - but it might also have to do with what she was given to work with. I would really like to see her again in HHB and LB!

Agreed. Given the moratorium, she'd be about the right age for HHB--and, depending on how quickly it's made (and if we ever decide if LB is 7 years or just a year later... :P), it's possibly she might make LB. What would really be a nice touch is if they decided to reboot LWW, they could have Georgie, et al, play the parts of the older Pevensies.
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext