This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Dragon Eustace and Reepicheep

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Dragon Eustace and Reepicheep

Postby starkat » Dec 01, 2010 10:39 am

This was a highlight of the movie and one of the things that they got very very very right in my opinion. Reep kind of took Eustace under his wing so to speak from the start, but it really seemed to be a mentor type relationship while Eustace was in dragon form. They used Reep to teach Eustace many of the lessons he needed to learn while a dragon. I thought this was one of the best parts of the whole movie.
starkat

Re: Dragon Eustace and Reepicheep

Postby rjefvh » Dec 01, 2010 12:07 pm

starkat wrote:This was a highlight of the movie and one of the things that they got very very very right in my opinion. Reep kind of took Eustace under his wing so to speak from the start, but it really seemed to be a mentor type relationship while Eustace was in dragon form. They used Reep to teach Eustace many of the lessons he needed to learn while a dragon. I thought this was one of the best parts of the whole movie.

Absolutely Starkat. This was a key component to the movie, when considering it as a spiritual journey. They did get this right.
rjefvh
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stargazer » Dec 02, 2010 8:30 am

Definitely agree here as well. Excellently done! I also liked the part where Reep seems to comfort the dragon - this seems totally in character for him. Not only would the honorable Mouse duel the brat Eustace, he would seek to encourage a comrade in arms who has begun to turn his life around and needs help and mentoring.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby RoseRed » Dec 03, 2010 6:35 am

this was done brilliantly! :d reep in general made me smile, he was animated and voiced BRILLIANTLY. same goes for eustace actually, dragon and undragon he was excellent, I particularly loved the design for him as a dragon with the 'beardy' bits and the way they made his eyes. their friendship was possibly the highlight of the film, and I am VERY VERY pleased by the importance apted assigned to it :) it was heartwarming and true to the book and was (imho) very endearing,to viewers from all age groups. :ymapplause:

:ymhug: <3 you reepicheep!
Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.
RoseRed
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby TashTheInexorable » Dec 06, 2010 1:10 am

I loved this- it was sooo cute and made me love both of them even more!
TashTheInexorable
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Dec 09, 2010 11:17 pm

The friendship was great but Eustace looked, I don't know, a bit kiddy-ish as a dragon. I was hoping he'd be a bit uglier. After all, his dragon-state isn't meant to be charming and heroic. There was some very lame dialogue between the two but the actual friendship was very well done.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby StBrianofMinneapolis » Dec 10, 2010 11:04 am

I loved it. More Eustace plus Reep equals awesome, even if certain things weren't in the book. I always wished that Reepicheep that hadn't been "denied satisfaction".
StBrianofMinneapolis
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Trufflehunter » Dec 12, 2010 6:32 pm

I loved it! I thought it was all absolutely brilliant! The scene with the two on the beach when Eustace is crying, is truly moving! And Reepicheep's quick pep-talk to Eustace before entering Dark Island is also very encouraging! I thought the relationship betweent the two was handled perfectly!
"I'm a beast I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on. I say great good will come of it... And we beasts remember, even if Dwarfs forget, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King." -Trufflehunter
Trufflehunter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Valiant » Dec 12, 2010 6:39 pm

This was probably the best thing about the film! I took my Grandmother to see the film with me. Now she really liked the previous two films (actually she likes just about anything) yet she disliked VDT overall. The one thing that she loved though was Reepicheep. And Eustace. :D

It is without a doubt the best thing about the movie: Eustace and his relationship with Reep! :D :D
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Dec 16, 2010 9:17 pm

It was great! Though reepi is small he still has a big or huge knowledge on everything he knows which is enough to teach Eustace that led into a beautiful and touching relationship.

"Two sides of the same coin"
sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Brisa » Dec 23, 2010 6:15 pm

I loved this-like the scene when Reepicheep offered to to keep Dragon Eustace company and started telling him stories of another dragon he once fought... loved it :ymhug:
Brisa
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Mr Anderson » Dec 23, 2010 6:50 pm

The Eustace-Reepicheep relationship was one of the only things I liked about the movie. They did do a great job with it, for which I'm happy. I just wish they'd managed to do as great a job with the rest of the film.. :-/
(Formerly Reep&cheep)
Mr Anderson
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby aragorn2 » Dec 24, 2010 9:28 am

I really liked the Reep-Eustace relationship, it was done very well and was very close to the book.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby FencerforJesus » Dec 24, 2010 12:13 pm

I liked the movie as a whole, but Reep and Eustace could not have been better. Both independently were awesome characters but together, even better. And I really loved how they pulled off Dragon Eustace and Reep together. At the end, even I fought some tears with the Reep/Eustace good-bye. So well done.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot