This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Eustace - Will Poulter

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Eustace - Will Poulter

Postby megaN » Dec 12, 2010 12:12 am

He was wonderful, I think that he did a great job as Eustace and I really liked the way he sounded about the British Consul. I haven't seen many actors, but I think that he's probably the only actor that could have gotten him just right.
megaN
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Narnian_Archer » Dec 12, 2010 6:19 am

If there was one good thing in the movie, it was Eustace! He was just so awesome!!! I loved all his lines, his manner, his voice--everything!!!! Way to go for the actor!!! It's just too bad one or two good actors can't save a movie.
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Trufflehunter » Dec 12, 2010 1:11 pm

I only wish we could have seen more of Eustace after he was undragoned. But I guess that's what Silver Chair (hopefully!) will be for!!!
"I'm a beast I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on. I say great good will come of it... And we beasts remember, even if Dwarfs forget, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King." -Trufflehunter
Trufflehunter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby georgiefan1 » Dec 12, 2010 2:07 pm

I though Will did an amazing job!!! I was very suprised by his preformance!! He really got into the role of Eustace and did his very best!
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Trufflehunter wrote:I only wish we could have seen more of Eustace after he was undragoned. But I guess that's what Silver Chair (hopefully!) will be for!!!

I definitely agree. The transformation was so amazing that I could hardly believe it was the same person. It made me sad that we had to say goodbye to such an amazing character so soon after he became even more amazing. :P I guess that's one reason I really hope they make SC. Will Poulter is who will carry the series forward now that the Pevensies are gone, and they couldn't have picked a better person. His performance was mind-blowing, hands down.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby moo25 » Dec 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Will Poulter was the BEST thing about this movie, hands down. I loved everyone else (except maybe Drinian) but he just blew me away. When he was talking about the British Consul I was in near hysterics, and his diary entries were wonderfully done. They couldn't have picked a better person to portray Eustace Scrubb.
I stand with the Lord at my side, always.
For Narnia and the North!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

moo25
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Valiant » Dec 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Ever since I saw Will Poulter in the first trailer, I knew he would be fabulous. I want to see SC just because of him! If they do make SC, they will have to pick a fantastic Jill Pole who will be equal in acting abilities and have good chemistry with Poulter.

I just wish I could have seen more of Eustace in the film. Most of his dialog was far superior to that which was handed to the other actors.

On a side note, what are critics/the general public saying about him? I hope its praise because he totally deserves it! ;;)
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Eustace was awesome! he made me alugh so hard! Will played his role so well! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby FencerforJesus » Dec 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Saw it a second time today, this time with my parents. They loved it and they loved Eustace. He was the star for them. As for me, the 2nd time only improved my view on Will Poulter and I really hope SC is made to see him take the lead. But they are going to have a hard time finding the right girl for Jill Pole to match up with Will. I'm going to see it at least two more times this next week.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby drummer boy » Dec 12, 2010 8:45 pm

I'll add my voice to the chorus of those who thought Will's performance was great.
If they make a SC, I'm sure he'll be a brilliant lead for it.

The character Eustace in general was great. I couldn't get enough of watching Eustace's facial expressions, both when he was a boy and when he was a dragon.
drummer boy
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby fireheart209 » Dec 12, 2010 9:06 pm

I am a big fan of actors who are good at nonverbal acting. I was so impressed by how he changed everything after his transformation--tone of voice, body posture, facial expression. Everything about him showed that he had changed.

I noticed that even the reviewers who were negative about the movie had something good to say about Will's performance. It's awesome that they were able to cast somebody who could nail Eustace. If audiences and reviewers liked Will, they will go see a movie that features him.

Didn't William Moseley win some sort of award for LWW? Does anyone think Will Poulter might win or be nominated for a similar award?
fireheart209
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 12, 2010 9:18 pm

I was really impressed that in an interview he said he hadn't been coached on how to play Eustace, which I sort of found hard to believe that no one (especially the director or his acting teacher) made suggestions. But the tone of voice I truly noticed as well as all of the other changes before and after. Hope to see more of him in other films as it seems he's quite naturally talented to transition over into adult parts.

Oh BTW Will Mosely did win a Nickelodeon Kids' Choice award in 2008....maybe they'll nominate Will P for VDT, that would be nice. :)

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Dec 12, 2010 9:40 pm

Will Mosely won the Nickeloden Kids' Choice Award in 2008? How? What's the bet that the girls voted for him because they found him to be handsome. Will Poulter is a much better actor. He should have no problem winning it if they do it properly.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Yeah I think choice awards are more about popularity and looks than acting. Do they have actual kids' awards for upcoming new young kid actors? Too bad they don't have a Golden Globe for best newcoming kid actors, because he'd definitely win it for the acting.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby eustacegirl » Dec 13, 2010 7:00 am

Poulter is kind of cute. So, I'm sure he will if Skandar doesn't. I hope he or skandar wins for best acting.
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby aragorn2 » Dec 13, 2010 7:03 am

Skandar acted his parts well enough, but the script was so lame the entire movie there was nothing that he could really stand out with, Unlike Will's dialogue which was perfect.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext