This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Eustace - Will Poulter

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Eustace - Will Poulter

Postby CharlotteRose » Jan 27, 2011 12:51 pm

I do think that he should have been given more screen time, because as VDT was the shortest 'Narnia:...' so far, I think that a slightly longer stroy with more detail in wouldn't have gone amiss, but for another view, the compactness (?) of the story and the way that the characters were developed within the short time was great. I think that with Eustace particularly, it was evident that he changed dramaticly due to his time as a dragon, where as Lucy, Caspian etc didn't realy go through much of a change of learn any realy morals apart from the fairly Cliched 'Be yourself and believe in yourself' message.
However, I know that if i were turned into a dragon I would change my tune pretty quickly too! :)
In no way am i trying to suggest that these are not good morals to be learned, just that the Eustace moral was a lot more obvious and well portrayed.
Never the less, it was a great way of showing these messages!
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby TheGeneral » Feb 01, 2011 6:32 pm

stateofgreen wrote:I would bet if they had developed pre and post dragon Eustace more you probably would have warmed up a lot more to him. I can't help repeating that I found it a shame the production team didn't capitalize on this more than they did as there was a lot of untapped depth they could have done with the character.

Yeah I think you're exactly right. Overall, I was satisfied with his performance, I just wish there had been more time devoted to his character and that they had delved a little deeper.
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lucy85 » Feb 02, 2011 12:53 pm

I absolutely loved the portrayal of Eustace, although I would have liked to have seen more of post-dragon Eustace. He is such a wonderful character and deserved more attention. But overall, I thought Will did an excellent job in the film and I am really hoping that The Silver Chair will be made so that we can see more of Eustace :D
Wrong will be right when Aslan comes in sight / At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more / When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death / And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again
Lucy85
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby edmundrox12 » Feb 03, 2011 9:11 am

i also loved Eustace and want to see more of him. i think if they had made the movie longer we could have seen him and understood him more. without disney they have a low budget, but that doesn't mean it has to be short.
edmundrox12
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage in Obi-Wan's spaceship along with Liberty Hoffman

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 03, 2011 11:57 am

I have complete respect for Will Poulter as an actor now. He's just such a great actor! He's going to be the best one day and have a star on Hollywood Boulevard before we all know it! :D I'm rooting for you Will!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby stateofgreen » Feb 10, 2011 9:04 pm

2010 London Critics' Circle Result: Will didn't win. :( At least he was nominated. Better luck next time. :)

Here are a few pics:

YOUNG BRITISH PERFORMER OF THE YEAR
Winner: Conor McCarron – NEDs (Entertainment One)
Runner-up: Jessica Barden – Tamara Drewe (Momentum)

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby CharlotteRose » Feb 11, 2011 6:54 am

Gosh, I was so sure he would win this! Maybe its because I havn't seen the films that the Winner and runner up were in :D .
But he got nominated which is fab...I'm sure the way he's going there will be a lot more nominations to come! Maybe for silver chair...
Narnia is childhood...

CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby stateofgreen » Feb 11, 2011 2:10 pm

I was sure he would too. I haven't seen the other films either, not sure they're even available in the States...

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby 220chrisTian » Feb 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Will Poulter attended the 2011 BAFTAs in London earlier today. I'm not sure why, really. He wasn't nominated for anything and he didn't present an award. Here's our story on it.

http://www.aslanscountry.com/2011/02/na ... 11-baftas/
220chrisTian

Postby stateofgreen » Feb 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Though he wasn't nominated for any BAFTAs I read somewhere else that he was a guest of a casting director. Maybe he's networking.

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby CharlotteRose » Feb 16, 2011 10:34 am

Do you remember where you read that? (I'm writing an artical for an arts thing about networking and i'd like to add a case study :) If not never mind!)
Well, now people are starting to recognise him more due to his role in Narnia!
Narnia is childhood...

CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby 220chrisTian » Feb 16, 2011 1:37 pm

I don't know that it's networking, but maybe so. Will showed up with a fellow cast member and the director of Wild Bill - a movie he stars in and which wrapped filming a few weeks ago. I think that's why Will was there. :)
220chrisTian

Postby stateofgreen » Feb 16, 2011 5:10 pm

CharlotteRose, I read it on his unofficial fansite. It was a link to the Wild Bill Casting Director's Facebook I believe.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... =636060242

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby CharlotteRose » Feb 17, 2011 11:44 am

Thanks guys! This will be really usefull :)
I guess everyone has been won over by Will Poulter in the role! He did do a great job!
Narnia is childhood...

CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby PeterCharn » Mar 03, 2011 8:56 am

I hear people that saying that they think that if the SC is done a long time from now that they will recast someone for Eustace. I don't think this will happen, especially after the positive reviews he got as Eustace.
PeterCharn
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby stateofgreen » Mar 03, 2011 6:16 pm

If he gets so old they can't dress him down anymore and he can't look reasonably like a high-schooler...then they'll have to recast him :(( if they still want to make SC. But there's lots of other threads discussing all that.

BTW saw this recent photo from willpoulterfans. Who is the person next to him? I’m guessing it’s Rafe Spall?

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext