This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Caspian & Lilliandil... and Edmund?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Caspian & Lilliandil... and Edmund?

Postby wild rose » Nov 07, 2010 12:47 pm

Here are some of my thoughts concerning the 'triangle'
I don't like it, when that whole scene played in the trailer, I almost fell off my seat. While I love the look Caspian has when he says 'you are most beautiful' I thought the line was very corny, then when he and Ed say 'NO' I was like "NOOOOO' lets not have Ed fall for Lilliandil too. While I know that it could be very natural for a young boy to say that to a very beautiful woman who has just said that she could change form, I still think it was extra. I don't like it and I should be very unhappy if they make somekind of triangle in the film. I mean it was bad enough with Susan and Caspian, now we get Lilliandil, Caspian and Edmund, I hope not :( . There wasn't anything like that in the book, why should they add it to the movie :(
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Valiant » Nov 08, 2010 4:57 am

I don't think it will be a big deal, but it seems kind of cheap to me.
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby coracle » Nov 12, 2010 10:55 pm

If the Lucy-rolls-eyes is from a different scene, then my idea won't be correct, but I was thinking that she is rolling her eyes not at the two males both saying "No", but at the way they looked annoyedly at each other! As if she was thinking,"Silly boys, it doesn't matter!"
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Eustace » Nov 15, 2010 9:17 am

I almost think that we shouldn't think about this now because it seems like we have other things to think about that are more pressing but you never know. Although from a recent interview:
Apted said that there would be no wedding in the movie.

So, I am still wondering how they will get across that Caspian and RD are perfect for each other and not Edmund and her.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Ithilwen » Nov 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Eustace wrote:Although from a recent interview:
Apted said that there would be no wedding in the movie.

So, I am still wondering how they will get across that Caspian and RD are perfect for each other and not Edmund and her.

Well, technically,
there was no wedding in the book either. If I remember right, it just said they got married -- which could easily be pointed out by having Caspian say "I'm going to marry her when I get back to Ramandu's island", or just leave it hanging until SC comes out. SC will make it clear enough, if VDT doesn't.

There might be a surprising/disappointing lack of Caspian/Lilliandil romance in the movie. They will still love eachother, but I don't believe it will be a major plot point. After all, it was only mentioned a couple brief times in the book itself. I doubt the filmmakers are as focused on it as a lot of fans believe.

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Josh » Nov 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Honestly, it looks like Lilliandil is just there to provide exposition for the Dark Island and the Sleeping Lords. No reports mention her after her one appearance. It seems like the romance has been reduced to a cheesy rivalry with Edmund.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MaidenofNarnia » Nov 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Josh wrote:Honestly, it looks like Lilliandil is just there to provide exposition for the Dark Island and the Sleeping Lords. No reports mention her after her one appearance. It seems like the romance has been reduced to a cheesy rivalry with Edmund.

That’s a bit disappointing. Why bother to give the star’s daughter a name and a more human edge to her personality to squander it on such trivialities? I had hoped she would be more than a guide. Now her secondary function is just to provide cheesy humor for a one time appearance! It’s ridiculous. In PC film makers build up a romance that is not present in the book. Now film makers have a romance that is within the book and under value it in the transition to the big screen. I realize that her part in the book is small. However they could have at least built it up to the level of Susan/ Caspian in PC. A kissing scene would not be necessary. I was certainly hoping for more than just a one time appearance for directions and silly jokes.
MaidenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ithilwen » Nov 16, 2010 10:26 pm

^^ It could be because VDT is being done by a different director. Michael Apted might not have wanted there to be much of a romantic element to it. Whereas, if Adamson was still the director, Lispian might have been played up a little more. ;)

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby MaidenofNarnia » Nov 17, 2010 6:12 am

Yes. I realize that. :p Even if there is a new director I excepted a bit more than that. Its just a shame that the only conversation Lilliandil and Caspian have in the entire movie is a shallow and petty exchange of words. It would have been better to cut the dialogue all together. Perhaps if Edmund hadn`t joined in it wouldn`t have been so bad. Although it still wasn`t the best bit of dialogue. Oh well..
MaidenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ithilwen » Nov 18, 2010 4:18 am

Is it their only scene of dialogue, though? There could easily be more, unless there was news about it I haven't heard yet... It could be that it's just the only part we see in the trailer. :)

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby MaidenofNarnia » Nov 18, 2010 6:21 am

Yes. I suppose. There`s a lot of spoliers and theories floating around. Its all speculation at this point.Although I heard about a spoiler that makes it appear as though the relationship will be low key. Also I was thinking in regards to the fact that there are so many other major plot elements in the movie. The Caspian and Lilliandil relationship maybe downplayed in light of everything else. There is a lot going on in this movie. Perhaps more than any other Narnia film thus far. I just wonder how film makers will fit this element into such a action packed and theme laden movie. Taking pacing into account I wonder how they can fit anything in of consequence without slowing such an adventurous movie down.
MaidenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby aragorn2 » Nov 18, 2010 8:36 am

I really think you people are making a mountain out of a molehill. Ed says no when a beautiful girl offers to become less pretty and people are thinking that there will be a huge deal over it. Calm down, in all the other pictures with them Ed is always off to the side and Caspian is the one closest to her.
And also why is everybody saying that he shouts "No", they both say it in a normal voice.
By the way I think I would probably say no too, why wouldn't you say no, should you say yes and lie?
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Ithilwen » Nov 18, 2010 7:22 pm

^^ Don't worry. I don't think people are as freaked out as they may sound (I'm not). We just like to discuss all the possibilities, and try to get as much information as we can from the footage that has been released. :) All just part of pre-movie excitement. :D

Saying "No" like that wouldn't mean anything (just like you said) if it hapenned in real life. But everything that's put into a movie, is put in by the filmmakers for some purpose. And the point is, what purpose was this part put in, unless they wanted to point out that Edmund liked Lilliandil too?

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby aragorn2 » Nov 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Or they just want to have an awkward moment in the movie where people can chuckle.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MaidenofNarnia » Nov 19, 2010 5:53 am

I`m not really bothered by Edmund and Caspian saying "No" . I`m hoping for a few more scenes with Lilliandil and Caspian interaction though. All my silly little rants are centered around interests toward Caspian and Lilliandil development. Even if they didn`t have any other scenes I would still enjoy the movie anyway. I`ve never seen a Narnia film I didn`t like thus far.
MaidenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Alambil » Dec 03, 2010 12:00 am

Eustace+Jill wrote:Saying "No" like that wouldn't mean anything (just like you said) if it hapenned in real life. But everything that's put into a movie, is put in by the filmmakers for some purpose. And the point is, what purpose was this part put in, unless they wanted to point out that Edmund liked Lilliandil too?

Comic relief/moment?
Alambil
NarniaWeb Newbie

PreviousNext