This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Poll: LB Romances--who should be with whom?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Who should be with whom?

Jill and Eustace
17%
Tirian and Jill
16%
Tirian and Lucy
8%
Emeth and Lucy
4%
I don't know
No votes
I don't care
2%
There shouldn't be any romance at all
43%
Other
9%

Total votes : 99

Re: Poll: LB Romances--who should be with whom?

Postby JillPoleFan565 » Jan 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Well now that it is 20th century fox doing narnia i think that it is less likely that they will have a romance then if it were still diseny
watch me on youtube doing narnia monologues
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnnabananagirl
JillPoleFan565
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Adeona » Jan 02, 2011 11:09 pm

Thankfully. One less big worry. With Disney it was a bit more likely than 50% chance (Heh. A very rough estimate.)
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Rilians Queen » Jan 16, 2011 11:17 am

I've alwas imagined that if any romance were to kick off in The Last Battle it would be between Tirian and Jill. The do give off positive attractedness energy, while I think Jill and Eustace give off strong friendship energy, they have a more brotherly and sisterly love even though they are not related but that's the vibe I got from them and they should only remain as best friends as CS lewis intended them to be.

Lucy is a pure heart and I look at her as if she only opens herself into a relaionship with Aslan and her family, no one else. If Tirian shows Lucy interest like Caspian showed Susan, it's another Suspian story so please no. He was only being curtious to a Queen of Old and I'm positive he only respects her if you saw Ester before you.
A Proud Supporter For A Jilrian Romance Between Tirian/Jill!
My Website: http://thedarknightsqueen.blogspot.com/
Audition For My Narnia Episodes!!
Rilians Queen
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby TheGeneral » Jan 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Rilians Queen wrote:I've alwas imagined that if any romance were to kick off in The Last Battle it would be between Tirian and Jill. The do give off positive attractedness energy, while I think Jill and Eustace give off strong friendship energy,

Yeah I agree with you. I voted there shouldn't be any romance, but if they include a little hint of something between those two, I wouldn't pull out my hair. But it'd be better without it in my opinion.
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Glumpuddle » Jan 16, 2011 11:58 pm

YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby DamselJillPole » Jan 17, 2011 12:03 am

^ hahaha!! i find your video very amusing glumpuddle!!! =)) :D Bt still going on as a Jilrian Jill/Tirian Fan!! :p
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby MinotaurforAslan » Jan 17, 2011 12:27 am

Emeth and Lucy? Really? What kind of poll options are these? :P

Anything involving Lucy is out. Developing a romance after the climax of the movie would be bad structure.

Tirian/Jill would come off as strange. Tirian is supposed to be far, far older than Jill.

Jill/Eustace, I guess I wouldn't die if they did that...I just hate how romances tend to get thrown in to movies when they don't need to be. There's no romance in the book, people! It's ok if the movie doesn't have any!
MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Conina » Jan 17, 2011 1:24 am

I wouldn't like any of those. I can't say that I have detected a romance between Jill and Tirian. I will look for it next time I read the books.
"Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning." -C.S. Lewis
Conina
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » Jan 17, 2011 9:53 am

MinotaurforAslan wrote:
Tirian/Jill would come off as strange. Tirian is supposed to be far, far older than Jill.

Jill is adult age in Last Battle! It's seven years after SC and Tirian is described in in his early 20's. I don't see the huge deal here. Seeing as Will poulter is turning 18 the actress playing Jill will probably be too and will look close to Tirian's age, another not so big deal.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby coracle » Jan 17, 2011 11:37 am

No, Jill is still at school in Last Battle!

She and Eustace are specifically described by Lewis as being the only two still at school. This makes her about 16. Lucy is meant to be 17 in the book.

The most important thing to remember is that the characters are no longer in a situation where they are going to be romantic; it is friendship, fellowship, family, but not romantic attraction.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby DamselJillPole » Jan 17, 2011 1:07 pm

^ I disagree. The movie ages that the kids have are different and older than the books. Eustace isn't 8 or 9 in VDT he's 14 or 15 add 7 years later. They'll have to be college students in the film. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jan 17, 2011 3:34 pm

MinotaurforAslan wrote:Emeth and Lucy? Really? What kind of poll options are these? :P

I think Lucy/Emeth comes from when Lucy is recounting what was going on beyond the stable door—she says "I liked him" twice when telling his part of the story. I don't know if it was in a defensive way, because the others seemed wary of him because he said he served Tash, or what. It's up to interpretation, I guess. And I think because they're both very faithful, spiritual people, shippers think they would make a good match. And I see that. But that's what fanfiction is for. :P

If Last Battle is made, they should just play it safe and stick to the book relationships-wise. Sticking to the book in general wouldn't be bad either. ;)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby stateofgreen » Jan 17, 2011 11:21 pm

DamselJillPole wrote:.... They'll have to be college students in the film. ;)

Yeah by the time they make LB (if they do) they will be. ;) Which I think I could probably tolerate....

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Rilians Queen » Jan 18, 2011 8:47 am

Yes even so i think these studios took Suspian a bit too far I just think they really need to show the attraction between Tirian and Jill. It was mainly there during the battlement parts. I've now become a main supporter for them after reading a few peoples opinions in here and going over some of the book last night.
A Proud Supporter For A Jilrian Romance Between Tirian/Jill!
My Website: http://thedarknightsqueen.blogspot.com/
Audition For My Narnia Episodes!!
Rilians Queen
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lilygloves » Jan 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Honestly, the idea of Jill and Tirian together sickens me. Jill is obviously a very young teenager in The Silver Chair. The Last Battle is only a bit over a year later and Jill adds that she and Eustace are still in school. It would make sense that she meant high school, or maybe even middle school. Assuming she was in 8th grade in The Silver Chair, she would be around 14 or 15 in The Last Battle. Meanwhile, Tirian is between 20 and 25 years old. That's a 5-10 year age difference. A 20-25 year old man with someone who is still in high school is pretty messed up.
There shouldn't be any romance at all. It wouldn't make sense. Prince Caspain kind of screwed over the Voyage of the Dawn Treader by raising hopes of Suspian. They weren't supposed to be together, were never going to see each other again, and people were mad that Casian married Lillandil. Even though that's what HAS to happen in order for Rilian to be born. Suspian was so unnecessary.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » Jan 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Lilygloves wrote:Honestly, the idea of Jill and Tirian together sickens me. Jill is obviously a very young teenager in The Silver Chair. The Last Battle is only a bit over a year later and Jill adds that she and Eustace are still in school. It would make sense that she meant high school, or maybe even middle school. Assuming she was in 8th grade in The Silver Chair, she would be around 14 or 15 in The Last Battle. Meanwhile, Tirian is between 20 and 25 years old. .

Last Battle actually takes place 7 years after Silver Chair. The actors will obviously be older thus their characters will be older. I find nothing sickening about Jill/Tirian.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext