This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Eustace - Will Poulter

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Eustace - Will Poulter

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Just read this lovely Will interview from the interview link summary post FK did yesterday.

http://www.cinemaspy.com/Interviews/Exc ... eader/4801 :)

After reading, I'm even more impressed by how Will approached playing Eustace. Especially the comment where he mentions trying to make him both introverted and extroverted at the same time. I'm amazed by his very articulate and substantial answers to the questions he was asked. You don't get that from many other young actors these days.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby aragorn2 » Dec 09, 2010 9:56 am

Kerry Lengel said: The best thing about the film is neither the top-notch CGI nor the shallow moral lessons but the performance of Will Poulter as Lucy and Edmund's insufferable cousin Eustace Scrubb.

Finally Will Poulter is getting some complements on RT. :) :)
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Valiant » Dec 10, 2010 9:27 pm

I can't say it enough. Will was fantastic. He WAS the best thing in the film, he truly was. :) :) :) :) :D :D :D
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby smartypants » Dec 11, 2010 8:27 am

I was a bit spektical of Will Poulter as Eustace, but I must say I'm completely changed. His acting was fantastic! He was completely the right choice for Eustace. His acting was very convincing. He was obnoxious when he needed to be and couragous when he needed to be as well. I really enjoyed the relationship that developed between him and Reep, even though it was mainly through the dragon stage. Nevertheless the friendship was great. At the very end when Will cried because Reep was going into Aslan's country, it was very moving.

Also I really enjoyed how throughout the film we, as viewers, were able get inside his head through the use of his journal. Especially at the very end when he is telling us that he was sad when Ed and Lu left. :)

Overall I was very very pleased with his performance. :ymapplause:
smartypants
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Dec 11, 2010 8:59 pm

Valiant wrote:I can't say it enough. Will was fantastic. He WAS the best thing in the film, he truly was. :) :) :) :) :D :D :D

TOTALLY!! When I first saw his picture I was like 'what??'. But now, HE WAS THE FILM!! Totally, keep him if you do SC producers, and you've got my ticket!!! :D
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnian1 » Dec 12, 2010 7:53 am

Having finally seen the movie, twice now, I am happy to say that my earlier comments (page 1 on this thread) were spot on! Will was terrific in the role, both- before and after. I especially loved the after and hope that SC can be made because he deserves a second go at the role. :D
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby PeterCharn » Dec 13, 2010 7:04 am

I really thought that Will Poulter as Eustace was probably one of the best things about the movie. I was VERY dissapointed in the acting of Lucy's chacater (I think that the script can NOT be completely blamed for how poorly she performed) and the Caspian's performance was completely bland.
Comparatively speaking, I think this made Eustace's performance stand out even more. I have full faith in his ability to Carry the next movie (assuming it gets made)!
PeterCharn
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby StarAsterisk » Dec 13, 2010 10:20 am

1) Will Poulter in his role as Eustace

I think the casting was excellent- I applaud Walden Media! He is perfect in every way for the role he plays. I am very pleased i think he looks and acts just like he is in the book. A perfect visualization.
signature by Beginte
StarAsterisk
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Timo » Dec 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Don't think I can add something extra after 13 pages of compliments for Will.

I really liked him. The friendship between him and Reep were the best thing in the movie. It was totally believable...

He's the best thing that happened to Narnia since 2005 :)
Timo
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 13, 2010 4:14 pm

I hope the production team is well aware of how great he is in the role to get him secured for SC...if they make it...that is.... :)

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby check_the_gate » Dec 13, 2010 5:37 pm

Will Poulter *made* VDT a good movie. His portrayal of Eustace was spot on and, with a performance like that, I'm almost sure critics will love him. Which is good...because if people get used to/love Will, they'll encourage the production of SC. End of discussion.

By the way, did anyone else find his voice quite intriquing? It had a classic, annoying brat child quality to it. And his narration was brilliant!
"If you're going through hell...keep going"
~Winston Churchill

check_the_gate
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 14, 2010 1:40 am

Well a review I read somewhere compared his portrayal of Eustace to being a bit like a Freddie Bartholomew type of character (famous child actor from the 1930's who sometimes did "brat child" characters). Though I think Will does it a lot better. I did see a bit of his stuff from School of Comedy and he can do different ways of speaking well, which seems really amazing for his age.

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby PeterCharn » Dec 15, 2010 11:37 am

Although I liked that they kept Eustace as a dragon for longer than they did in the books.....I was a bit dissapointed becasue this cut down on WIll's screen time. Also, keeping him for a dragon longer kept them from giving him any screen time as a "changed boy" we barely got to see good Eustace.
PeterCharn
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 15, 2010 6:38 pm

I'm still in mourning over the short screentime good Eustace had. :((

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby GlimGlum » Dec 16, 2010 1:44 pm

PeterCharn wrote: Also, keeping him for a dragon longer kept them from giving him any screen time as a "changed boy" we barely got to see good Eustace.

I agree. That is another reason why I hope The Silver Chair gets made; so we get more of the changed Eustace.

Will did such a good job of portraying him. It would be too bad if he didn't get to play the role again in SC. Seeing Will portray Eustace again would be great. :ymapplause:
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Dec 18, 2010 11:52 am

I second that, GlimGlum; they need Poulter for Eustace in SC. No one else would quite do!!
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext