This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Lady of the Green Kirtle

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: The Lady of the Green Kirtle

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 25, 2010 9:32 pm

Or maybe she hasn't been given any film roles that require decent acting skills because she can't act them. As many fanboys as she has, don't you think directors would be clamoring to cast her if she was a talented actress? I'll be honest, the interviews she has done haven't given me a great opinion of her, but if she had demonstrated any kind of acting ability, I'd be fine with the casting. But she hasn't and so I'm going to remain extremely skeptical of her ability to portray the LotGK.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Reepicheep775 » Aug 26, 2010 6:34 am

No!! Megan Fox cannot play the Lady of the Green Kirtle. :-o

It's not a question of whether or not she can act (which I personally doubt very much :p ), it's having her mixing in with Narnia. If she's in the movie the male population will flock to the theatres, not caring two lumps of sugar what the movie is like. I'd rather the film-makers earn their success and not by casting actresses by how much money they're going to rake in rather than if they're actually good for the character. Also it just seems wrong having a "dreamboat" actor in Narnia. Remember the April Fool's joke about Eustace being played by Zac Effron? [-( This is Narnia we're talking about, a classic of children's literature, not Baywatch.
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Josh » Aug 26, 2010 8:13 am

I frankly don't care if people see the movie just to see Megan. I just want to ensure that the series continues...however if Megan cannot act then I don't want her in the movie.

And I don't think Liv Tyler should get the part either. I think she's a good actress, but she's been typecast as Arwen. And Narnia doesnt to be accused of taking another element from Lord of the Rings.

I still say Kate Winslet. But if not her or Evangeline Lilly, I'd say Summer Glau.

Summer Glau was in Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chroncles (and I heard she was in Serenity also). I think she is perfect at switching from innocent to evil to seductive. Its just what the part requires. She's also really good looking. Here is a pic of her.

Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby edmundrox12 » Aug 26, 2010 8:17 am

your right, liv tyler wouldn't be right, i guess i was just trying to think of anyone but megan. i do think kate winslet would be amazing. she would bring narnia some extra money so it survives, without taking away from the movie
edmundrox12
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage in Obi-Wan's spaceship along with Liberty Hoffman

Postby DamselJillPole » Aug 26, 2010 8:44 am

Summer Glau would be another great candidate! TSCC is my favorite TV show of all time compared to Lost. I love when we first see her character Cameron come on the show and she seems so sweet and innocent but she turns out to be a terminator (though a good one) she still has those careless and killing qualities that makes her seem very evil in certain parts of the show.

Yes she is pretty and a great actress. I put Summer above Megan that's for sure. ;)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Reepicheep775 » Aug 26, 2010 9:58 am

Josh wrote:I frankly don't care if people see the movie just to see Megan. I just want to ensure that the series continues...however if Megan cannot act then I don't want her in the movie.

And frankly I do. ;;) I don't want a bunch of goggly-eyed, drooling-mouthed teenage boys going to see a Narnia movie just to see Megan Fox. The young adult audience just isn't interested in Narnia (with exceptions of course :p, I mean that generally ) and honestly if they do these movies right they shouldn't be. It's the age, as Lewis points out, when people consider themselves too old for fairy tales and not old enough to start reading them again (again, speaking generally).

Something that seems prevelant on this thread is the need for the Lady of the Green Kirtle to be seductive and dangerous-looking, but I don't think that's the case at all. In the book the Lady of the Green Kirtle almost seems sweet and innocent. If you look at the Pauline Baynes picture of her playing the instrument, you'll see what I mean. Scrubb and Pole immediatley trust her (Puddleglum doesn't, but that's because of what his character is like). The book also describes her voice as being, not sultry, but "as sweet as the sweetest bird's song".

So I guess you could say she is seductive (although it's not the word I would choose), but it's because she seems so sweet and innocent that youtrust her. Certainly not the Megan Fox kind of seductive though. =;
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Josh » Aug 26, 2010 10:10 am

Which is why Summer Glau would be better then Megan. She can play innocent and seducitve/dangerous. And she would bring in some fanboys as well. Its perfect!
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Aug 26, 2010 10:29 am

I've seen Summer in two things. Firefly/Serenity and clips from The Sarah Conner Chronicles. In both shows, she played the exact same character. Whether that was the choice of the director or because that's the only role she can play, I don't know. But unless the production decides to give the LotGK a lot of kung fu moves to whip out, I can't envision her as LotGK at all. Sorry.

And while I know this character doesn't HAVE to be British like the children actors, I certainly prefer it.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Cymru » Aug 26, 2010 11:56 am

I have to say that I like the idea of Rebecca Mader, who played Charlotte Staples Lewis (C.S. Lewis) in LOST. She was very ambiguous in that and mysterious - she's got unusual eyes - a perfect accent - and is quite beautiful. It would be a neat twist too. :)Image

I have to say that I think Elizabeth Mitchell who played Juliet on LOST is the more perfect personality for the role of LOTGK, but I think she's probably too old for the role by now and no British accent (which is important to me).

I suppose an older witch would not be weird. Young men do still find older attractive women alluring and if she's a witch, enchantment can always be a good excuse. ;)
That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong. ~ F.Scott Fitzgerald
Cymru
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Josh » Aug 26, 2010 1:30 pm

If we must cast a LOST actress for the Lady of the Green Kirtle, then it should be Evangeline Lilly. Mader would be okay, but Evangeline would be much better.

As for your opinion on Summer fantasia kitty, I think you should see her more emotional scenes in T:SCC. Most clips would probably just show her fighting other Terminators or doing somethign funny.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Reepicheep775 » Aug 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Josh wrote:Which is why Summer Glau would be better then Megan. She can play innocent and seducitve/dangerous. And she would bring in some fanboys as well. Its perfect!

But here's the thing (I'll stop soon, I swear :p ). In the book the Lady of the Green Kirtle never became seductive, dangerous yes. Similar to Duessa in The Faerie Queene, The Lady of the Green Kirtle hides her true nature with a guise of a beautiful lady (but not seductive). At the very end she transforms into a snake, which is her true nature. So unless the put Megan Fox (or someone similar) in a snake suit, she won't have to play the dangerous part because up until the end the Lady of the Green Kirtle doesn't look (although she is) dangerous.

And I'll reiterate, do we really want drooling fanboys associated with Narnia? 8-} 8-|
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby bkey » Aug 26, 2010 3:04 pm

I don't think you would have to worry about "Megan Fox fanboys" coming to see the movie just because of her. Although I'm in agreement with Josh that I don't care the reasons people come see the movie, just as long as they do.

The Transformers movies obviously raked in lots of money (and not because of Megan Fox), but everything Megan has been in since then has failed miserably, in the Box Office and critically. Teenage boys didn't go see Jennifer's Body, and virtually no one saw Jonah Hex, even though the marketing for both movies centered heavily around her. She doesn't have the following that people will see a movie with her in it simply because she's in it. If people aren't planning on seeing SC anyway, she is not a big enough draw to bring people into the theaters for the sake of seeing her.

Personally, I can't think of a particular actress that I see in the role. But I want whoever it is to be charming and beautiful, and disarming yet dangerous. Someone with natural beauty, who has the acting chops to bring the innocent and alluring and yet purely evil and manipulative aspects of the character to life.
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby king caspian » Aug 26, 2010 4:13 pm

On this page I really love the idea about having Summer Glau as LOTGK. She's gorgeous and portrays nice to bad very good.

Rebecca Mader is far far too innocent looking (and I will say the same about Kate Winslet. Though Rebecca does have a great voice so I wouldn't mind hearing her as a Narnian voice over like Hwin.
Not Suspian!
Avatar: DamselJillpole Sig: Tarkheena
king caspian
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Cymru » Aug 27, 2010 7:19 am

As voices go, this actress has my favorite speaking voice right now and she did just recently pull off playing a baddie. In this pic, she looks the part to me if you just stuck her in a green dress. Bryce Dallas Howard. :D I don't know why I keep picturing red heads now - must be the green dress.

That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong. ~ F.Scott Fitzgerald
Cymru
Moderator Emeritus

Postby king caspian » Aug 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Honestly I haven't been liking Bryce Dallas Howard's acting lately, but that may just be me. As far as her looks goes yes she masters what TLOTGK should look like.
Not Suspian!
Avatar: DamselJillpole Sig: Tarkheena
king caspian
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby edmundrox12 » Aug 28, 2010 11:26 am

honestly, i've never seen bryce dallas in anything, but i think she does really look the part. if she can act ( which i have no idea if she can ) then i think she would be literaly perfect
edmundrox12
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage in Obi-Wan's spaceship along with Liberty Hoffman

PreviousNext