This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Prince Rilian

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Prince Rilian

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 05, 2010 8:27 pm

I think Harry Lloyd would do well.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MountainFireflower » Dec 05, 2010 8:53 pm

stateofgreen, I agree. He's one of my favorite actors, especially in the Robin Hood series. I would love it if he took the role, but I wouldn't be too upset if someone else got it. I pretty much trust the Narnia casting directors by now; I've been happy with their choices so far. ;)
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby GlimGlum » Dec 06, 2010 1:52 pm

Yes. I still like Harry Lloyd for the part of Rilian. He was also most popular in a poll we did on the old NarniaWeb forum. Link to previous post with poll results:
http://forum.narniaweb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1177#p60744

However, as MountainFireflower pointed out (and I agree), the casting choices overall for the Narnia movies have been pretty good overall. But they can still come here before they decide and consider our recommendations too. :D
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby aragorn2 » Dec 06, 2010 3:08 pm

having just seen the new Sherlock Holmes(which is a pretty good movie) movie I think Hans Matheson who's been mentioned before would make a pretty good Rilian, I liked his acting in Sherlock Holmes even though he was a villain and he is probably my number 1 choice for the Rilian role.

aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby JillPoleFan565 » Dec 24, 2010 2:13 pm

he also has to look like he could be bens son grown up some of these are good sugestions but they don't look like ben except the post on the first page where someone suggested they young guy from inkheart he looks like he could be bens son grown up
watch me on youtube doing narnia monologues
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnnabananagirl
JillPoleFan565
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Dec 25, 2010 2:13 pm

What about Elijah Wood? :D (Ok, I'm kidding...then again...hmmm...)

Maybe he would work!

*ducks tomatoes, chuckling LotR fan chuckle*
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnianelv » Jan 01, 2011 12:41 am

"What about Elijah Wood? (Ok, I'm kidding...then again...hmmm...)"

actually I've had the same thought myself...though I tend to lean more towards Orlando Bloom. I think Bloom looks like he could be related to Barnes, is definately old\mature enough, has the acting skills, and would lend some star power to a movie that might desperatly need it. Downsides would be his price, and maybe the fact that he's already had two iconic roles. But I think it's time one of the Narnia movies had a bigger star in them, might help out that neverforgotten box office totals :)
narnianelv
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jan 01, 2011 11:00 am

Hey, good idea! Of course, Elijah Wood would lend a more mysterious piece to the role, but Orlando Bloom would look more like Caspian. I'd be thrilled to pieces for either one! :ymapplause:

Plus, as far as the star-thing goes, I don't mind if they make sure we don't exactly have Frodo or Legolas on our hands. It'd be good for the series! :)

Lu
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Jan 07, 2011 2:31 pm

You can add me to the list of "I-watched-Sherlock-Holmes-last-night-and-think-Hans-Matheson-would-make-an-awesome-Rilian" people. ;))

I hadn't realized he had been suggested already but when I came on here today to do so, I noticed several people already had. ;)) And I remember reading those posts, but he looked different enough in Sherlock Holmes that I didn't recognize him from here. Something about him in Sherlock Holmes must have really screamed Rilian. ;))

At any rate, I agree with this suggestion! :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Rilians Queen » Jan 15, 2011 9:09 pm

I rather an unknown played Rilian. He definitely needs to look like or simular to Ben Barnes with a tad look to Lilliandil like her face shape or have blue eyes.
A Proud Supporter For A Jilrian Romance Between Tirian/Jill!
My Website: http://thedarknightsqueen.blogspot.com/
Audition For My Narnia Episodes!!
Rilians Queen
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DamselJillPole » Jan 17, 2011 1:23 pm

I know that this guy is one of my candidates for Tirian but the more i look at his imdb profile picture the more I see a lot of ben barnes in him and some appearances like eye color that he could get from lilliandil.

He's a bit younger then how Rilian should be too but he can pull it off I think:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0020264/
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Kate » Jan 25, 2011 4:47 pm

I would be 100% behind Harry Lloyd for Rillian, if it weren't for the fact that he's going to be in the new fantasy TV show Game of Thrones. I mean, he can do armor:
bow and arrow:
and is a bit melancholy.

But it might be a mistake to have a fantasy actor do Rillian since it sort of cheapens the magic of Narnia. Although, chances are, Rillian won't have whit hair:

;))
Kate
Moderator Emeritus
DJ Mod

Postby stateofgreen » Feb 12, 2011 8:43 pm

I posted in the ideas for Silver Chair thread that I also thought Hugh Dancy would do (even better than Harry Lloyd) as he's in his mid-30's, about Rilian's age. He's got period film experience, and is a great actor who can pull off gravitas.

A bit of an older screencap from Elizabeth where he played the Earl of Essex.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Minty » Feb 13, 2011 7:52 pm

I posted in the ideas for Silver Chair thread that I also thought Hugh Dancy would do (even better than Harry Lloyd) as he's in his mid-30's, about Rilian's age. He's got period film experience, and is a great actor who can pull off gravitas.

I absolutely agree. I've only seen Hugh Dancy in "Ella Enchanted" but he was amazing in that. It wasn't like an award winning movie or anything, but his performance was still great. ;) He gets my vote.
Minty
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby CharlotteRose » Mar 27, 2011 9:21 am

Minty I saw him in Ella Enchanted too, and I think he'd do a great job.He was actually at the top of my list...
But then I visited the Merlin thread in the Spare Oom and remembered my fave character played by Eoin Macken
http://image.com.com/tv/images/processe ... 340481.jpg
Probably the same problem as Harry Lloyd 'game of thrones.'
He already has a link to fantasy and magic themes. Then again, he wasn't a main part really so it might not matter...Thoughts? :)
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy85 » Mar 29, 2011 4:50 pm

Put me in the Hans Matheson camp:) Love him. He was wonderful in the Masterpiece Classic version of Tess of the D'Urbervilles, as well as The Tudors.
Wrong will be right when Aslan comes in sight / At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more / When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death / And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again
Lucy85
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext