This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ramandu - ?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Ramandu - ?

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 13, 2010 1:34 pm

^^ please don't say that! it would be awful if Ramundu got cut! but somehow I don't think they will cut him! to give RD his lines would be cheesy! 8-} :D :( :) :-o
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 15, 2010 6:19 pm

^^why would it be cheesy? I can see them cutting Ramandu. I don't really want them to, but I understand if they would. He's not really needed. RD can handle his part and lines.
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 16, 2010 11:33 am

^^ it would be cheesy because in the book, RD tells them that her father can show them how to desolve the enchantment that the three Narnian lords are under. RD's father is the star. she is only his daughter! so he would know, but she probably wouldn't!
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby bkey » Mar 16, 2010 3:14 pm

That can easily be worked around. Take out any mention of her father and give her the knowledge of how to remove the enchantment.

Personally, I agree with those who are arguing that the production is just waiting until closer to the film's release to announce who was cast as Ramandu.
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 17, 2010 6:56 am

bkey wrote:That can easily be worked around. Take out any mention of her father and give her the knowledge of how to remove the enchantment.

if it happens, it happens, but I hope it doesn't! it would be cheap. :-s :(( :p
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 17, 2010 10:42 am

^not necessarily. And it wouldn't be cheesy.
cheesy=

Merriman Webster's Dictionary wrote:2. Of poor quality; shoddy

Having RD saying Ramandu's lines wouldnt' be cheesy. If he never existed RD would know. Maybe they'll make her a star, although I wouldn't love that.
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 20, 2010 10:27 am

^^ she's only half-star......I don't want her to be a star! :-o
thanks for the dictionary quote..... :p
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 24, 2010 11:02 am

^you're welcome, any day ;)

I don't want her to be a star either. I think we're making too much fuss over this though. I think they're just waiting to annouce who was casted.
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Mar 24, 2010 11:25 am

I would like to point out that Lewis NEVER specified whether or not Ramandu's daughter was a star or a half-star. Most people assume she's a half-star, but if the production chooses to make her a star, they would not be wrong in doing so.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 24, 2010 2:29 pm

^^ you are right! when I read your post, I went back and checked the book and yes, it doesn't say whether or not she's a star.....hmmm. I just hope that Ramundu is in the movie, whether or not RD is a star or not! :D
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 09, 2010 10:01 pm

To make Liberty Hoffman feel better about this unknown info about who is playing Ramandu, i very much think it is under wraps at the moment. RD being the most anticipated new character besides Eustace that's how we found out about the lucky Laura Brent first.

It seems as though the scenes that were shot around Ramandu Island is kept very secret since we know nothing about it or recieved word except from a tiny promo still of the island. We know it's going to be in the film but we dont know anything about the scene.
So I would like to think Ramandu is still a character that will pop into the movie.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby HighQueenofNarnia » May 11, 2010 7:26 pm

bkey- quite a few posts ago you wrote "Eustace's aunt and uncle". Did you mean parents? Or Edmund's and Lucy's aunt and uncle? At first I thought that you made a minor mistake but now I'm wondering if I missed something. :-s
Taking Ramandu out of the film would really take out the strong ending, I think. And why would RD be living on an island by herself? Also, I can't remember as of now any positive father-daughter relationships in CoN (I don't really consider Aravis/Kidrash positive) but I think that the mental picture of Ramandu and his daughter singing together is just beautiful. So, I hope that they keep him!
Caspian, Lucy, Edmund, Eustace, Drinian (I seriously almost wrote Rhindon- lol), Rhince, Coriakin, Lords Bern, Argoz, Restimar, Octesian, Rhoop, and the three at world's end, Ramandu and his daughter, and the dead dragon are probably the main characters in VotDT. Oh, and Pug! How could I forget Pug? *smacks herself, howls in pain, smacks herself again, then rights herself realizing that she is, after all, commenting on a slave trader, and continues commenting with a large bump on the side of her head* So I hope that all of those are in this movie version!
Pray for Skandar member! PM Benjamin to join!
I saw the film on Opening Day!
When all else fails, read the Instructions!
HighQueenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby IloveFauns » May 12, 2010 5:53 am

I always thoguth rd was a half star but i never really knew. It would make more sense if she was. I hope they dont leave here father out of the movie otherwise it would be confusing for people who haven't read the books because everyoen would be callign her rd.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby DamselJillPole » May 12, 2010 8:50 am

IloveFauns wrote: I hope they dont leave here father out of the movie otherwise it would be confusing for people who haven't read the books because everyoen would be callign her rd.

not really. The production can easily give RD a name. That's happening in a lot of flims now. In Prince of Persia (the video games) the prince has no name yet now he does in the movie. I would not mind at all if RD is given a name. I just hope they find a name that fits her well ;)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Galadriel » May 12, 2010 10:40 am

I think it would be very easy for the production to cut Ramandu. As bkey said,
That can easily be worked around. Take out any mention of her father and give her the knowledge of how to remove the enchantment.

However, I would like to add that her father could still be mentioned. After all, the production seems to be calling it "Ramandu's Island," not "Ramandu's Daughter's Island." Even if he is mentioned, he simply might not appear.

Even so, I am of the opinion that he has been cast, and that it is just a secret. LWW and PC both held out on casting announcements too -- if I remember right, it was 5 months for each? Thus, I'm not expecting to hear anything on Ramandu until July or August. If we don't hear anything by then, I will start wondering.
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby bkey » May 12, 2010 1:54 pm

HighQueenofNarnia wrote:bkey- quite a few posts ago you wrote "Eustace's aunt and uncle". Did you mean parents? Or Edmund's and Lucy's aunt and uncle? At first I thought that you made a minor mistake but now I'm wondering if I missed something. :-s

Oops, yeah I meant Eustace's parents. :ymblushing:
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext