This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Aslan between the movies

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Aslan between the movies

Postby edmundrox12 » Sep 07, 2010 12:41 pm

i think for Aslan it doesn't matter if females' like darker manes because he is supposed to be single. jesus never got married.
edmundrox12
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage in Obi-Wan's spaceship along with Liberty Hoffman

Postby icarus » Sep 19, 2010 10:33 am

The thing that confuses me the most is what's happened to the promotional image of Aslan that appears on the posters and book covers and such.

I'm usually of the opinion that a Lion is a Lion is a Lion, but even i have to admit that the image of Aslan they are using for VDT (below right) is completely different to the image of Aslan they used on LWW (below left). The nose is different, the eyes are different. It doesn't even look close to being the same Lion.

PromoAslans.jpg
PromoAslans.jpg (36.62 KiB) Viewed 10439 times

Left: LWW, Right: VDT
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnian_at_heart » Sep 20, 2010 12:56 pm

I think he looks best in LWW. In the side view of him in PC, I think he looks very stumpy and fake. The other side view of him (in VDT), he looks more lionish. From the pictures, I think he was best in LWW with VDT in second place and PC a distant last.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Sep 20, 2010 5:13 pm

edmundrox12 wrote:i think for Aslan it doesn't matter if females' like darker manes because he is supposed to be single. jesus never got married.

-True, but I meant that a darker mane generally signifies a stronger lion- I think it fits Aslan it that way, because he's a strong character, not so much because of the female thing.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Lion's Emblem » Sep 20, 2010 8:59 pm

Wow, thanks for the pics. icarus. The promo image of Aslan from LWW blows the version from VDT out of the water. I just feel like I'm looking at a painting of a lion in the VDT version, as if it's just a wild beast and nothing else is there. Whereas with the LWW promo image, I always feel like there is more than just the lion there, like there is a soul behind those eyes. I know it's just a promo image and not what's in the film, but there is definitely something to compare here.
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby starkat » Sep 21, 2010 4:16 am

I know each company has their own design, but I wish they could have passed the template from movie to movie so there were at least some similarities between the movies.
starkat

Postby Trufflehunter » Oct 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Despite the theatrical poster comparison above, I have to say that Aslan in the newest trailer closely resembles (to me) the Aslan of LWW.
"I'm a beast I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on. I say great good will come of it... And we beasts remember, even if Dwarfs forget, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King." -Trufflehunter
Trufflehunter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wolfloversk » Oct 08, 2010 5:42 pm

See, I only slightly disagree, I think he looks far better in the new trailer than he did in LWW. He looks more real. :)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby MountainFireflower » Oct 09, 2010 11:25 am

The promotional pictures are not my favorite. He just doesn't look right. I prefer the Aslan from LWW. Aslan in PC was okay, but I think he looked the best in LWW. I agree with icarus - Aslan in VDT doesn't even look like the same Aslan.

I do think he looks pretty good in the trailer though. It's just the promo pictures that bug me.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby wolfloversk » Oct 09, 2010 11:29 am

^I see what you mean, and I agree I didn't like him in the poster at all, but now that the new trailer is out, I think we can safely assume that he does not look anything like the lion in the poster (at least he doesn't to me any way :P ) Now I can't really give a full opinion until I see the movie myself, but video wise from what I've seen I like. His face isn't messed up like it was in PC and his coloration is staying consistent, unlike LWW. I think/hope that they've finally got him perfected.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Ithilwen » Oct 10, 2010 5:48 pm

I think the CGI of Aslan looked a little odd in all the movies, just in different ways. Hopefully, VDT will look best when it's done.

He looks just plain odd in most of the posters I've seen. The LWW one was alright, I think.

I think he looked better in PC than he did LWW, when it comes to how he was actually designed. But in PC, I think he looked more cartoonish when he's put against a real life background. It didn't look real enough.

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Oct 10, 2010 9:23 pm

compare the real lions with VotDT Aslan. he looks more real in VotDT than in PC or LWW, IMO
:)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby aragorn2 » Oct 11, 2010 8:03 am

I think Aslan looks pretty good in the trailers when he is on the beach at the end of the world.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Prince Cor » Oct 17, 2010 2:29 pm

What is this leaked script people keep talking about?
Prince Cor
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Valiant » Oct 17, 2010 4:01 pm

^There was an early draft of the movie which featured many changes from the book. Fans were assured that the script was just an experiment and that the final movie would be much much different. However many of the present changes to the movie were featured in that script.

I don't think its really supposed to be talked about on Narniaweb though since it wasn't supposed to be leaked and the film makers were upset that it was.
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Josh » Oct 17, 2010 5:32 pm

I really wish I could see the leaked script. If anyone has a copy, please send it to me!

Its like the footage that wasnt used in Lord of the Rings (Aragorn vs Sauron, Arwen at Helm's Deep, Eowyn fighting orcs in the caves, Faramir's nightmare of Frodo becoming like Gollum). We know they changed the scripts so these scenes werent used. We know they have no place in the movie. Yet I'm dying to find out what may have happened.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext