This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Casting suggestions for Puddleglum

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Casting suggestions for Puddleglum

Postby JFG II » Jun 01, 2020 2:13 pm

George McKay (b. 1992) who was in 1917. I meant George. Why the heck did I say Adam? Oh yeah - Adam is a screenwriter/director. Puddleglum deserves better.

Ugh, anyway I stand by McKay as a creative, younger take on Puddleglum; In 1917 he was (26-27) like a young Tolkien in WWI, and a solumn, steadfast soldier. Endearing. I'm trusting he'll be around 35 by the time Silver Chair is ready to be made.

But after hearing Doug Gresham talk about his gardner/housekeeper in that interview video, an older actor may be best for Puddleglum. Especially an actor who is VERY English of a certain kind. "That's all very well govner, but, if the world were to come to an end, where would we be with five pounds of sugar?" ;)
JFG II
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Jun 01, 2020 5:53 pm

I was a bit confused for a while, wondering if you meant 2017! I didn't know there was a movie called '1917'. (quote marks are usef lol)
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby JFG II » Jun 02, 2020 6:15 pm

I'm surprised. You didn't know there was a movie called 1917? :-o :-o
It was kind of a big deal a few months ago. Made some money, won some awards.

Ugh, but I suppose few on NarniaWeb have seen that movie yet. :-\ :-\
It's only been out since Christmas. And no one is going out to buy movies.

So I guess you didn't know the actor or characters I was referring to. :| :|

At least my post wasn't boring. :ymhug: :ymhug:
JFG II
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Jun 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Correct. I have had other things to deal with this year.

Do you have a link to a photo of George McKay looking just the way he could as Puddleglum?
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Previous