This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

2021 - Netflix Narnia to clash with Amazon LOTR

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

2021 - Netflix Narnia to clash with Amazon LOTR

Postby CorazonBandido55 » Jan 20, 2020 7:49 am

So it’s already early 2020 (as of the time of this post) and we still haven’t heard anything about the Netflix Narnia productions. I’m not doubtful about them being released (considering how much they paid for the rights), but I am starting to become curious about the timing of their release. At this rate, we might be looking at a 2021 release for the first film. Narnia seems to be on a collision course with Amazon’s Lord of the Ring’s 2021 release year. Coincidence? Or is this intentional? Netflix wants to fight fire with fire, and I can’t think of many high profile IP’s that are close to the scale of LOTR as what Chronicles of Narnia might be.
your fellow Telmarine
CorazonBandido55
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: 2021 - Netflix Narnia to clash with Amazon LOTR

Postby Impending Doom » Jan 20, 2020 4:21 pm

I'd lean towards a coincidence, if it does indeed release in 2021. Regardless, it seems to be a good time to be a fantasy fan!

I wouldn't call it a clash or collision though. I think they'd compliment each other well. What's that saying? A rising tide lifts all ships.

Netflix has definitely bulked up in terms of recognizable IP (see below). So it's not like Netflix is putting all its 'fantasy/family" eggs in one basket. But, Narnia is one of the more prolific properties (with tremendous upside) and they're going to want to do this right. Which is why I'd lean towards Narnia releasing the following 2022.

2021 Netflix Releases

Live-Action

The Last Air-Bender
The Sandman
Resident Evil
Animal Farm
Shadow & Bone
The Witcher (S2)
Locke and Key (S2)
Carmen Sandiego
Stranger Things (S4)

Animation