This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The New Soundtracks: What do we want to hear?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: The New Soundtracks: What do we want to hear?

Postby Cleander » May 24, 2019 5:09 pm

JFG II wrote:... Can you imagine Narnia on Netflix opening with an atmospheric coda of music before transforming into the grand & bombastic intro music from 2001 A Space Odyssey? Talk about boldly going where no Narnia score has gone before!

I'd go with that, especially if they can use some of the more eerie sounds of a full choir and orchestra, like quiet, discordant voices or harp/organ. Which sort of brings us back to Holst in terms of inspiration. Neptune the Mystic is a good example of this kind of thing.
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby mm1991 » May 25, 2019 4:15 pm

Some Final Fantasy-esque music could be cool to. Sample some songs like: "knights of the Round"; "Answers"; "Niddhog's Theme (Final Steps of Faith)";"Sultana Dreaming"; "Out of the Labyrinth"; "Aetherpause"; "Through The Gloom"; etc
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Cleander » Oct 09, 2019 2:35 pm

I recently re-discovered what I'm beginning to think would be a PERFECT theme for the Dufflepuds: Khachaturian Saber Dance! I know, it has some cartoony connotations :ymblushing: , but it quivers with the same hilarious, crazy energy that the Dufflepud scenes in the book do. I do hope that it at least serves as inspiration for the actual score!
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Glenwit » Oct 27, 2019 12:54 pm

I really hope the new series finds a musical direction which really makes it stand out on its own, while still sounding Narnian. Creative, expressive and emotional without being too theatrical...sometimes ethereal and otherworldly.

One composer I think could pull this off quite well is John Debney (he scored Passion of the Christ and the 2016 Jungle Book film). The Passion of the Christ is one of my favourite soundtracks of all time...most likely not the most Narnia-friendly tone, but the creativity and world-building are definitely there!

This may also be the perfect series for a collaboration between more than one composer.
Love can save a life, like music warms the night
Everything is beautiful now
So open up your eyes, fall into the light
Everything is beautiful now
Glenwit
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: In deep space - testing a shared universe portal hypothesis

Postby mm1991 » Dec 15, 2019 8:44 pm

With the new expansion of FFXIV called Shadowbringers, the most beautiful song is Tomorrow & Tomorrow and I'd love a similar song to be in the new Narnia media (films or shows, whatever it will be).
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Reepicheep775 » Dec 20, 2019 9:55 am

I really like what Ludwig Göransson did with Black Panther, incorporating traditional African music and hip-hop elements into a film score, and The Mandalorian, adding Western and samurai film motifs to a Star wars soundtrack. His scores are really unique and atmospheric and he's quickly becoming one of my favourite movie composers. It makes me wonder what he could do with Narnia and Medieval instruments. The only potential downside is that the scores I've heard from him tend to sound very modern and Narnia should sound old, so it might depend on how versatile he is. Just throwing it out there.
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous