This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Filming Locations for The Silver Chair

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Filming Locations for The Silver Chair

Postby ceppault » Jul 23, 2018 8:39 am

As happened in years past, I enjoy tracking where the production companies filmed the Narnia movies.

From What We Know About The Silver Chair Movie, it is possible the movie may begin filming later this year in New Zealand. I only suspect location scouts are working at providing options to the production company's needs.

If you find locations in New Zealand you think would be interesting for use in The Silver Chair, please share the ideas here. For example, what should Experiment House look like? Where could Harfang be placed? Or how about a certain Marshwiggle's home?

I like the Waitomo Glowworm Caves when I think of the Underland. While I appreciate it may not be practical or cost effective, the idea sounds interesting.

Ten years ago, tracking locations was difficult. The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and Narnia made New Zealand a tourist attraction, and the sites of filming are very well documented by New Zealand tourism companies. I need to update my maps.

I share my maps below. Past Filming Locations Maps include:
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Filming Locations for The Silver Chair

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Great idea for a thread, ceppault!

ceppault wrote:I like the Waitomo Glowworm Caves when I think of the Underland. While I appreciate it may not be practical or cost effective, the idea sounds interesting.

Those are so pretty! Almost too pretty. It's hard for me to think of a point during the travels without sun that seems to fit a visual like that. I can imagine it being the canopy in the chamber with old Father Time, though! Especially since the glowworms would echo the starry darkness surrounding the great shadow of Father Time when he awakens in The Last Battle. :D
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad