This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Silver Chair Script - Fake Rumor

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Silver Chair Script - CONFIRMED!

Postby narnia fan 7 » Jun 28, 2015 1:29 pm

The official Chronicles of Narnia Facebook page is saying
The bogus report of David Magee's ‪#‎SilverChair‬ finished script is a scam. Always follow The Chronicles of Narnia @officialnarnia & Narnia.com for all official movie news ‪#‎NarniaMovieNews
I'm not sure what to make of this, glumPuddle confirmed it the tweet was from Magee, So I have no clue why they are saying this.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Jun 28, 2015 3:01 pm

I just saw this announcement. Although I was not 100% about the tweet and all, I still think this can't be completely false. I don't know, but it seems a bit odd that they would step up and deny this rumor when we had so many others over the last two years and they were never really bored by them. Or I'm just trying to make excuses to not believe we were fooled again, haha.
“In The Chronicles of Narnia we feel the magical comfort of that eternal optimism, that belief that the best is somehow always yet to come.” — Claire Fallon
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Rogin » Jun 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Well this is really confusing!

What adds to the confusion is that The Silver Chair's producer, Vincent Seiber is following the alleged David Magee account.
Rogin
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Jun 28, 2015 3:37 pm

This definitely adds to the confusion. Well, I think there's something going on there. In the best of the cases, they just want to protect the information and the script for as long as they can, probably because of all of those issues with Sony or whatever. Who knows, maybe David Magee hadn't imagined that the tweet would be leaked since his account is protected and he was not supposed to say anything about it, and now they are going crazy about all the fuss this have made.

In the worst, we were beautifully fooled LOL
“In The Chronicles of Narnia we feel the magical comfort of that eternal optimism, that belief that the best is somehow always yet to come.” — Claire Fallon
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narnia fan 7 » Jun 28, 2015 3:57 pm

You may be on too something Lachrymose, but of they are trying to protect the information I don't know why they would what a week after it was first reported or why David Magee would confirm it with Narniaweb, None of this makes sense at all.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 28, 2015 10:08 pm

I had literally just thought of that Lake Lachrymose, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but two news sources independently said they double checked on this.... and it's either that or someone hacked/faked 2 twitter accounts.

And it almost (note I said almost) makes as much sense that the studio is trying to keep things hush hush since CoN fans were loudly upset on the whole with plot changes in PC and VDT- this in addition to the moratorium would explain why the studio wants to keep things so ridiculously quiet.

Unless of course there is truly no big progress yet...

I can't tell if my "conspiracy theorizing" is me being in denial about a scam or my (newly informed- after following another project that's developmental hell for 14 years and finally became a blockbuster hit 3 weeks ago :P) instincts are telling me there's more to this.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Reepi » Jun 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Maybe it's a combination of both. David Magee may be done with his draft of the script, but this may not necessarily be an indicator for the shooting script to be finished, since it is up to the studio whether if that script will be used, modified, another writer brought in, etc.
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Reepicheep775 » Jun 29, 2015 5:03 am

My question: if you were going to do a "scam" to get attention, why would you do it on a private Twitter account? /:)
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Impending Doom » Jun 29, 2015 5:26 am

This might just be the weirdest story I've ever followed!

1. A screenshot pops up on Twitter of an alleged David Magee tweet saying the final draft of the script was finished. Buzz starts to build.
2. Many entertainment sites in South America start reporting on it as fact.
3. Narniaweb and NarniaFans reach out to David and confirm the authenticity of the screenshot.
4. Major movie news websites like Collider, Den of Geek and Screen Rant write stories on it.
5. The official Facbook page posted almost a week later that the reports are a scam.
6. Impending Doom is left stratching his head :-\
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Impending Doom » Jun 29, 2015 8:09 am

The official Narnia Facebook account has replied to some of the comments and what they have to say is quite interesting...

"The movie is still going forward and the script is indeed in being written by David Magee. It is simply not finished yet."

"It is quite a serious situation. We have been in touch directly with Mr. Magee and he is trying to work with Twitter to remove the fabricated accounts. He does not have a Twitter account personal or otherwise."

"The script is being written as we speak by David Magee. We will notify everyone as soon as we have a finished script."

Sorry about the double post!
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Silver Chair Script - RUMOR

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 29, 2015 9:28 am

One of the accounts on twitter admitted its a fake :P

It is interesting in hindsight though in that it generated a fair amount of buzz pretty quickly... perhaps this means the break in between movies will help things get off on the right foot again.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 29, 2015 10:15 am

Well, this has been quite a roller coaster. :-o I wondered if the two accounts might possibly be fakes, but it just seemed too elaborate a ruse. Good grief! At least we're getting a few comments from the official Narnia facebook on the state of the script. That's a positive. I don't mind that it's not finished yet; I hope that he takes all the time he needs to perfect it. Maybe all of the buzz and hubbub surrounding this rumor will encourage the release of some real news sometime soon, though. (The Name the LotGK sweepstakes, anyone?)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Reepicheep775 » Jun 29, 2015 11:39 am

wolfloversk wrote:One of the accounts on twitter admitted its a fake :P

All right, I'm convinced. :(

One good thing to come out of all this: it created hype and proved that there is still plenty of interest in Narnia.
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Re: Silver Chair Script - Fake Rumor

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jun 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Oh dear. What a pickle we're in! /:)
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnia fan 7 » Jun 29, 2015 12:43 pm

Man, I feel like an idiot :| It's kind of heard too believe someone would go too such lengths too play a mean joke on us fans

But it did get a little buzz and excitement for the film so I guess that a silver lining.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Jun 29, 2015 1:17 pm

Massively frustrating. Particularly because when we did try to verify with the one person we know is involved, the response we got was was neither a yes or a no, but that we probably shouldn't post it. Should have listened, but everything else we found seemed credible.

*Sigh*

Well, I think we have some more safeguards in place now for the future in case something like this happens again....sorry everybody.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext