This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

An Animated Narnia Film Series?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: An Animated Narnia Film Series?

Postby fantasia » Mar 26, 2015 7:27 am

I would gladly take a well done animated series over a poorly done live action series.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 01, 2015 10:51 pm

I would like to see it eventually, although it comes with the stipulation that the character's don't come across as cartoons, but as real characters with genuine emotions and reactions. Especially, Aslan, as this is really the reason there hasn't been a full animated series to date. If this was done I'd prefer 2D/pencil drawn, but that's more artistic preference as it could work equally well with 3D/computer animated... If they could get someone to channel Aslan as nobel, regal etc (which I think is very possible- after all there is Mufasa, though he's not Aslan he's at least not cartoony... Also Spirit still feels like a real animal, and not cartoony with excess comic relief).

I don't want it tied to the current series though... I want it to either be it's own series, or even tv miniseries, like the bbc episodes.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Golg » Apr 12, 2015 11:08 am

I'd be quite open to it, but I do have a preference for the 2-d animation I grew up with, even though appears to be unprofitable nowadays. :(

But... I must say (it might be because I grew up mostly with Disney), it is hard to imagine a full-length animated film without musical numbers.
Golg
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous