This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Why The Mark Gordon Company?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Why The Mark Gordon Company?

Postby Impending Doom » Nov 19, 2013 11:25 am

Why did Douglas Gresham and the C.S. Lewis Company choose the Mark Gordon Company to make The Silver Chair with? Is it because they've seen some of Gordon's other works (The Patriot, Saving Private Ryan, Criminal Minds etc) and was impressed? Was Gordon their first choice or was it a matter of finding someone who was willing to work with Gresham's vision?

If you had to guess, What do you think happened behind the scenes before this announcement?
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Why The Mark Gordon Company?

Postby fantasia » Nov 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Is this speculation or actual fact? If it's actual fact, I have no idea. If it's speculation, I would guess that they put the material up to go to the combination of highest bidder and best interview, and the Mark Gordon company was the one they liked the most and was willing to pay the most. /kind of boring reply ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Re: Why The Mark Gordon Company?

Postby Impending Doom » Nov 20, 2013 1:07 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote: If it's speculation, I would guess that they put the material up to go to the combination of highest bidder and best interview, and the Mark Gordon company was the one they liked the most and was willing to pay the most. /kind of boring reply ;))

That sounds pretty simple! I would of thought it had more of a complicated process. :)
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut