This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Silver Chair Being Made By Mark Gordon Company

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Silver Chair Being Made By Mark Gordon Company

Postby PuddleCheep » Oct 01, 2013 8:37 am

The official page for Narnia just posted on their Facebook page that the Mark Gordon Company is going to be producing the next Narnia film...The Silver Chair!

At last, we have some news! :-o
https://www.facebook.com/TheChroniclesofNarnia
PuddleCheep
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Silver Chair Being Made By Mark Gordon Company

Postby starkat » Oct 01, 2013 8:51 am

Yeah, but there's no external website article link. Even though it may be the official page, I'd still call it a rumor until we get more information in from additional sources.

I'm honestly not sure if it's even possible for them to announce something like this with the moratorium in place?
starkat

The Silver Chair on its way from The Mark Gordon Company??

Postby Linus the True » Oct 01, 2013 9:06 am

I just saw this on Facebook, and I'm wondering if it's just a rumor or not.

https://www.facebook.com/NarniaFans/pos ... 8845030641

I thought that no one else besides Walden could make a Narnia movie until approximately 2018.

Could the mods please reach out to their industry contacts and confirm or deny this announcement?

Linus the True
http://www.myspace.com/36320018
Linus the True
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby starkat » Oct 01, 2013 9:29 am

There has been an article link sent in to us via spy reports

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=109641

and Tirian has updated our news feed as well!

http://www.narniaweb.com/2013/10/production-company-announced-for-the-silver-chair/

Sweet!
starkat

Postby Bartholmew » Oct 01, 2013 9:36 am

Very cool, I'm super excited since this has been my favorite book since forever.

I do have to say though I'm a bit scared as to how it well turn out. I loved LWW but I really disliked the other two films.

So it well be interesting to see what comes of this.
Pumbaa: “Anything we can do?” | Simba: “Not, unless you can change the past.” –The Lion King
Bartholmew
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnialover101 » Oct 01, 2013 9:39 am

Haven't posted (or even logged in) to this forum for quite awhile, but this is very exciting news! I'm definitely looking forward to anticipating a Narnia film again!

The one bit of the Comingsoon.net article that I was drawn to:

"We are very excited by this partnership and to be able to work on this movie from its earliest conception on such a collaborative basis. It gives us the opportunity to develop a script and then produce a film with some of the most talented industry professionals whilst remaining completely faithful to this much loved book."

Hopefully that wont just end up being cheap talk.

I'll always be a,
NL101
Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)
narnialover101
Moderator Emeritus
Narniaweb's Resident Peter Pan Gone Gangsta'

Postby GlimGlum » Oct 01, 2013 9:46 am

All I can say now is that it is good to see the Narnia ball rolling again. I hope it picks up speed and The Silver Chair will start sooner rather than later. Yay for some new movie news! :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby Sonny » Oct 01, 2013 9:49 am

I am super eager to see who will be cast for SC. Since it' not Walden, I am hoping that is good enough reason to assume Tilda Swinton will not be cast as the Lady of the Green Kirdle. Who will be Eustice?
Sonny
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lilygloves » Oct 01, 2013 10:24 am

Wow, first the new trailer for The Hobbit comes out and now this news. Today has been awesome! I was wondering about casting though. Can they re-use the same actors? Really all they need are Will Poulter as Eustace, Liam Neeson as Aslan, and Peter Dinklage as Trumpkin (if they even use Trumpkin). I don't think Will Poulter is too old, since I think he can pull it off. But anyway, My first thought after hearing the news was, "YES! My favorite book of all time!" and then "I hope they don't ruin it like they did with VDT" (in my opinion) and my third was "I hope they don't cast Tilda Swinton as the LOTGK."
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Gymfan15 » Oct 01, 2013 10:32 am

I'm THRILLED that Narnia is reviving itself, but I'm a little concerned that we may be continuing the same storyline that VDT ended with (which was utter rubbish). But, since they will likely have to recast most if not all of the main characters, maybe they'll just pretend VDT didn't happen and start anew.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby SilverSea » Oct 01, 2013 10:42 am

Hopefully Mr. Gresham and Mark Gordon will make a faithful adaption without executive meddling like Walden Media did for VDT.
SilverSea
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Oct 01, 2013 11:08 am

As someone who wanted this series to get a reboot before I'm actually very happy to hear this news and to know that the new producer is a faithful fan of the Narnia series. That gives me more hope in the series now.

I hope we get swarming news about the Silver Chair and I can't wait to find out who will be playing Jill Pole, Rilian, Puddleglum and LOGK. I'm still rooting for Will Poulter as Eustace even though I know that now he is too old for the part although the movies have been changing the characters ages anyways and Hollywood magic and makeup can make him appear younger.

Still I am very happy about this news :D
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnian1 » Oct 01, 2013 12:07 pm

It's wonderful to hear some news! Finally. :D
I can't wait to hear more. I love Narnia. Sure the movies have had some faults, particularly Voyage- but I'm happy with them. At least something.
For the pure, I'll go to the books. I'll take the movies as they come. :)
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Oct 01, 2013 12:42 pm

This is very exciting news!! The Silver Chair is one of my favorites, and I'm really interested to see what they do with it, though a little bit apprehensive as well, given what we were delivered with VDT. ;)

It's frustrating that it may not be released until 2018, but on the bright side, we can hope that this means they'll have a lot of time to work on the story and make it a really excellent adaptation of the book. Keeping my fingers crossed. :D
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Meltintalle » Oct 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Ditto the excitement and apprehension. It'll be fun to watch and see what happens. :D
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Oct 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Wow! Just logged into Facebook and saw this in my feed. Considering the article from a few days ago, I did not think we could see news like this for some time. Wow...

And I know things are likely to change and take a few years, but this is very positive news for Narnia fans everywhere.

Looking at Mark Gordon's production history. He even produced some of Criminal Minds . Is this a good thing?
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Next