This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Why 2018?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Why 2018?

Postby ramagut » Jun 27, 2015 9:07 am

With the recent news of the Silver Chair script being completed, I was wondering when the moratorium would be over and the movie could be released. This thread answered my question, so I thought I would bump it up in case anyone else couldn't remember the date. ;))

I must say, December 2017 doesn't sound that far away now (as it did 2 years ago)!

But, if they have just finished the script, I'm thinking it will be later than the predicted 2017-2018 release. Maybe more like 2019?
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby Anhun » Jun 27, 2015 11:40 am

Only 2 years elapsed between the completion of the LWW script and the movie premiere. I don't know what else has been going on behind the scenes, but I think it should be possible for them to put a movie together by December 2017, if that's their goal.
Anhun
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ramagut » Jun 30, 2015 6:22 pm

It seemed like it was longer than that, but it's been so long ago that my memory is a little fuzzy. ;))
But if was only two years, then they could get it done. However, since the script isn't really done, then we shall have to wait and see.
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby Future Narnian » Jul 21, 2015 1:59 pm

How hard is it to adapt a script when you have a book in front of you? Just the book material alone in Silver Chair is enough for 2.5 hours - I recently rewatched the BBC version and they hit all the major points in that length. And that was with making it feel more like scenes with a checklist and kind of abrupt transitions than a good flowing movie.
Future Narnian
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby starkat » Jul 22, 2015 4:37 am

The time it takes to transfer something into script format alone takes a bit. Then they have to take camera angles into account. Also, the BBC version was a tv serial rather than a movie, so they were able to take a slower path in telling the story. These days, most movie goers expect a tightly paced story and something holds their attention. So I imagine some things will have to be played up a bit like the escape from Harfang, how creepy the underground areas are, etc.
starkat

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 26, 2015 7:15 am

I'm a screenwriter Future Narnian and I worked on my first script for a Paramount scripting supervisor starting Aug 2010 and I did not complete it by March 2012. There is a lot that goes into writing a screenplay, beginning, middle and end, spacing, flow, dialogue (it can't be stretched out), notes, pacing, actions, etc. There is a lot that goes into a script and then there are the drafts and revisions and then the final. It's hard work that can take years.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby coracle » Jul 27, 2015 12:21 am

I am related to a script writer, and she wrote a play of this sort in a few weeks - First Draft. Working on a specific movie or stageplay would then be followed by consultation and revision.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Previous