This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Seven Lords!? Coracle!? Other Cool Stuff! *spoilers*

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Seven Lords!? Coracle!? Other Cool Stuff! *spoilers*

Postby Benjamin » Nov 21, 2009 2:01 pm

Oh those are all really cool! Thanks for sharing them with us!

~Benjamin
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby 220chrisTian » Nov 21, 2009 3:28 pm

Wow, icarus! Wow! Great find! :ymapplause:

In the final link you posted, Chris' portfolio, what are all the other pics of? I mean, some--like the dragon--appear VDT-related. But others = :-\ And did you see the weird baby pics? What is going on there? :p
220chrisTian

Postby Reepicheep775 » Nov 21, 2009 3:29 pm

Fantastic finds, icarus! :)
I love the idea of them having drawings of the Seven Lords with them. And the coracle is awesome (a little less round then I imagined though).
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby icarus » Nov 21, 2009 3:40 pm

220chrisTian wrote: In the final link you posted, Chris' portfolio, what are all the other pics of? I mean, some--like the dragon--appear VDT-related. But others = :-\ And did you see the weird baby pics? What is going on there? :p

I think the only VDT related pictures are the ones under the "Props" section, as i think thats all he said he was credited as for working on the movie. Though the first 3 prop pictures of the knives could be from absolutely any movie, so i wouldnt say anything for definite on them either way.

Most of the Dragon stuff further down is from the movie 'Reign of Fire'. No idea what the animatronic Baby was from. Looks kind of creepy though! ;)

ADD:

Here are some photos where you can see his Sea-Shell sculptures in action:

The spiky sea shells on top of big poles can be seen in the background of these photos:
http://www.narniaweb.com/wp-content/gal ... 340135.jpg
http://www.narniaweb.com/wp-content/gal ... 340365.jpg
http://www.narniaweb.com/wp-content/gal ... 340145.jpg

Swirly sea shell on stand can be seen in the foreground of the shot at 0:32 of this video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkwqxEjOqes
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Adeona » Nov 22, 2009 12:56 am

icarus wrote:
Adeona wrote:One little note about that one; can anyone tell what the two words on the little banner at the top of the pin-board say? It looks like the first one is Sun... or Son.

I thought the first letter was definitely an S as well, but i can't make it fit with the rest of it to form anything logical.
That said, i'm half wondering whether it doesn't say "Cair Paravel". The wall behind the seven pictures looks to be a map, and that could possibly be a label on the map face pointing to the position of Cair Paravel.

I think you've got it! The second word definitely looks like "Paravel" now that you mention it. Though the first still doesn't look quite right for "Cair" Great deducing Sherlock! I wish it had said something a little more interesting, though... Oh well. I'm kind of grasping at straws at this point, I think!
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Lady_Liln » Nov 22, 2009 12:01 pm

Awesome find, icarus! Chris Martin has done some amazing work here! I love the coracle! It's just perfect. :D

The picture in the cabin with the seven lost lords is amazing as well. My first gut on reading the text on the board was that it said Cair Paravel; yet, it doesn't seem to match up quite right. :-\
Lady_Liln
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby icarus » Nov 22, 2009 4:48 pm

icarus wrote:Not sure how long those pictures will be there for, so take a look while you can!

In response to that statement in my first post, the answer was 2 days!

The images are now gone from his site, but you may still be able to catch the images on some of the other Narnia fan sites out there for a little while.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby 7chronicles » Nov 22, 2009 7:17 pm

I'm really happy with how everything is looking! I love Reep's coracle, I pictured it more round, but I'm very happy! It would be great if they made a replica you could buy! And I love that they have pictures of each of the Seven lords, makes total sense to have pictures of the people your looking for. I'm very happy and can't wait for more! :D

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Watziznehm » Nov 22, 2009 10:58 pm

This is all pretty cool stuff, the coracle especially. Not only do I like the design but it shows me that they are keeping in some of the cool things from the book. The seven lords also indicate that as well. Again, really cool stuff!

Btw, icarus, is it your hobby to browse blogs and that is why you come across this stuff or are you just "connected"?
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 23, 2009 4:39 pm

okay, my mom and I were just looking at the picture of the cabin with the drawings on the wall, and we were trying to figure out what the pictures were for and my mom said, "Wait, count the drawings!" I counted and behold! there are SEVEN drawings! these are probably drawings of the SEVEN lords! drawings for the crew of the Dawn Treader to go by so they could recognise the lords they are searching for! :D
what do ya'll think?
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Aravanna » Nov 23, 2009 11:03 pm

Wow, those pictures weren't up long at all! I'm glad I got here in time to see them.

I loved the cabin with the drawings of the seven lords. That's such a beautiful set, and I'm guessing we'll hardly see it in the final completed film. But everything was amazing! *would love that sextant... although she doesn't know what she would do with it.*

The coracle is an encouraging site indeed. It means that Reep will probably make his fateful final journey over the edge of the world. :D
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby coracle » Nov 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Lion's Emblem wrote: it might, slightly possible, be a miniature model for the group coracle when they sail to the very end of the world.

It can only be Reepicheep's one, because the rest of them are in a rowing boat (aka dinghy, or what americans call a row-boat). A coracle by definition is a small, shallow craft like half a walnut shell, for one or two people only. It's used in many parts of the world in shallow water.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby icarus » Nov 24, 2009 11:46 am

bkey wrote: Looking at the pictures of the presumable 7 lords, the one on the top left definitely looks a lot like Terry Norris (Lord Bern) in my opinion.

ceppault wrote:Drawing of a lord on the lower left: looks like a young Bruce Spence.

Going back to these earlier points, i'd probably agree. Perhaps also the centre-top as a potential Lord Rhoop. Though i think of all the lords, Rhoop should look the most drastically different from his original self, almost to the point of being unrecognisable.

The other question i guess would be - do any of them look like a young Douglas Gresham? I know alot of people earmarked one of the 3 sleepers as a potential for Doug's cameo in this film, but i'm not so sure any of the drawings look like suitable candidates. If he were making a cameo as one of the lords, they surely would of based the drawing on his appearence.

And as for the 2 entirely unseen lords - Restimar and Octesian - they obviosuly wouldnt of had any actors to base the sketches on, so perhaps as is often the case, they decided to incorporate a cheeky crew cameo? I can't help but think the guy in the bottom middle, sort of slightly to the right hand side, looks a little bit like Howard Berger? Seeing as Howard and his creature workshop probably had a large influence in the dragon design, perhaps that is the Lord Octesian? lol. Probably not, but i can't help but think how amazingly cool that would be if it were so.

Watziznehm wrote:Btw, icarus, is it your hobby to browse blogs and that is why you come across this stuff or are you just "connected"?

Hahaha. Neither really. I'm just that impatient for Narnia news to come out that i can't help but go look for it myself! lol ;) Though i do love the thrill of a good hunt, and even when you don't find anything news worthy or forum worthy, there are usually a few tidbits you pick up for potential future reference.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Watziznehm » Nov 24, 2009 8:04 pm

@ icarus: lol "I'm just a little impatient for Narnia news." I can totally see that for I am myself. :D

Awww, it's too bad the pictures have been taken down. I wanted to have another look at them.
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby aravis_tarkina » Nov 28, 2009 10:36 am

Did anyone notice the Chinese influence in the design of the ship's steering wheel? (I can't remember the proper name)
There are fish on the base of the wheel with style to them, and I love it, I have always been partial to Chinese art myself.
"It's a cow folks. No rhyme or reason other than the fact that I like COWS." -violetfirekrazed
aravis_tarkina
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous