This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Most disapointing left thing left "unmade"?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Most disapointing left thing left "unmade"?

Postby narnianerd » Jul 04, 2012 12:43 am

Another one I would feel sad about never seeing is Aslan's Country. Although, I can't imagine how they would be able to design such a thing to make it wonderful enough.

Agreed, it would have been really interesting to see Aslan's Country, but then again you kinda don't want to see it. Because if it is bad, then your mental image is totally ruined and you can never replace that... Mmmhhm. :P
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 04, 2012 12:29 pm

The thing I might miss the most, is Puddleglum. The BBC actor did a good job (although the script made him have a nervous breakdown on the Sunless Sea. That's all wrong. Marshwiggles. Do. Not. Have. Nervous. Breakdowns.), but with the CGI it would be possible to make him even thinner and give him longer limbs, and generally make him look more like a spider (as he does at one point).

I love his personality, he's always prepared for the worst, so nothing can disturb his calmness (that's why the nervous breakdown is so wrong). I would have liked so much to see him.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Varnafinde wrote:I love his personality, he's always prepared for the worst, so nothing can disturb his calmness (that's why the nervous breakdown is so wrong). I would have liked so much to see him.

I hadn't really thought about that until now... it's been such a long time since I saw BBC's Silver Chair. I guess the great thing about marshwiggles is how they can be so incredibly melancholy, and yet stoic at the same time.

I really, really wanted to see the skinny guys on screen. :(
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 04, 2012 3:52 pm

I agree with all of those who are upset that we haven't seen HHB yet. It's my favorite book, and I can't even begin to describe how excited I was for it even back in the good days right after Wardrobe came out and how heartbroken I was when rumors stated circulating that the series might be over. That's the hardest part for me about thinking we might not have any more Narnia- we might not ever have HHB - It's like the salt in the wound.

If the series does end I hope someone will at least make it into an independent movie, because in all reality it could be a standalone film... The Pensevies' background isn't essential for the story, one only needs to know they were Kings and Queens of Narnia at the time. It really focus' on Shasta, Bree, Aravis, and Hwin. And I really want to see how they portray Calormene or Archenland. (Though they'd best get the colors of the horses right- though I admit it's unessential) And I'd love to see the Splendour Hyaline her Swan body and neck would give the Dawn Treader's dragon head some definite competition for most beautiful set piece detail.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jul 05, 2012 10:06 am

Gazer wrote:"The Unwelcome Fellow Traveller" - Shasta's conversation on the dark, lonely mountain path with a Voice that is eventually revealed to be a golden Lion. Reading this chapter still gives me goosebumps after all these years. The scene with Shasta at the feet of the Lion, then it swirling up into a golden glory and disappearing, could have been spectacular.

Ditto. This is probably my most favourite scene in the entire chronicles.

Another scene I miss the opportunity to see is when Jill meets Aslan for the first time.

I really missed seeing Ramandu and Ramandu's Daughter singing with each other in VDT.

The Magician's Nephew, The Horse and His Boy, and The Silver Chair are my utmost favourites... so I am sad that I might never see them well-done on the big screen. :( There are so many priceless scenes in them.
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 05, 2012 10:13 am

It's amazing how many people want HHB. If Gresham ever reads NW posts, I hope he sees this thread! ;))

stargazer wrote:"The Unwelcome Fellow Traveller" - Shasta's conversation on the dark, lonely mountain path with a Voice that is eventually revealed to be a golden Lion. Reading this chapter still gives me goosebumps after all these years.

Ooooh, yes. :D The Focus on the Family audio drama did this scene so well, it gives me shivers. Coupled with Liam Neeson's voice and some amazing music, that scene could have been... well. *shivers* ;)
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 05, 2012 11:13 am

^ Oh yes! I so wanted to see that on film.

I also really wanted to see when Aslan first shows himself to Bree the shock on all the character's faces... Not to mention the thematic insight... that's something worth seeing.

Not to mention when Bree first speaks to Shasta.... I really wanted to see that in the theatrical trailer.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Lady Courage » Jul 05, 2012 12:16 pm

HHB... *sighs* There's soooo many things in that film I want to see. I want to see Bree's expressions, especially his haughty indignant one. I want to see Aravis draw herself up and practically spit on Shasta's inferiority. I want to see her twisting back in the saddle with horror on her face, screaming as a giant lion shreds her back into pieces (not necessarily the blood, but you know. :P ). I want to see the magic pool! And yes, that unwelcome traveler... That is such a powerful scene. It could be beautiful on the screen. I also want to see Rabadash turn into a donkey. *snickers*

TLB would be awesome, with as many visuals as there are in it. I'd like to see Puzzle dressed up as a lion. ;))

And just like everyone else, I missed seeing Puddleglum. :( With CGI, he could look exactly right. I also miss seeing Bism. I'd love to have been able to peer down the crack in the earth and see the fiery flowers. :D
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby CSLewisNarnia » Jul 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Oh my goodness, so much! My selection is from the Walden-Disney Walden-Fox ones, not the BBC ones. (haven't seen all of them)

I miss the scene where the White Witch fell upon the small Christmas party. I wanted to see little chipmunk lose his head "He has! He has! He has!"

Some kind of footage of Caspian's childhood. You know, brief, but sweet. I'd have liked to see his relationship with his nurse.

Definitely Prince Caspian meeting all the Narnians--book style thank-you: rather than a "Hey, I know about Narnia, okay?" To the nervous yet excited boy led into this world that he's dreamed of with a certain respect and carefulness as he talks to all the creatures as if one wrong action would break the spell.

The Faun Dance that Caspian joined--I thought for sure it would have been a nice "Narnian dance" song or something (kind of like The Narnian Lullaby). It would have made the soundtrack pretty awesome ;))

Aslan and Lucy at NIGHT with the dancing dryads--I expected a beautiful orchestral song or something. Aslan throwing Trumpkin in the air. Aslan roaring and the reactions of various creatures and people.

Aslan, Lucy, and Susan going around with Bacchus and his group.

I really wanted to see Ramandu and his daughter sing. Very much. :P

That's about all I can think of. ;))
Icon by me. Sister: Aslanisthebest
Every time I think of a quote or witty comment to put here, the quote is not so spectacular and the comment is not so witty.
CSLewisNarnia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Dinode » Jul 07, 2012 5:58 pm

wolfloversk wrote:Also one of my most favorite moments from the entire series (that I think would work perfectly in a trailer) is when Bree reveals to Shasta that he can talk. Favorite Book, Favorite Character, great scene :)

When I read that I was like "Oh my goodness, that would be a totally awesome trailer!" I agree with everyone that HHB and Puddleglum are things I would love to see.

There are also several scenes and characters in the movies we have that I would like to see, like Rumblebuffin in LWW, the archery contest and Lucy healing Trumpkin in PC, and the Lone Islands conquered by deception.
Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lilygloves » Jul 07, 2012 8:03 pm

I really wanted to see Will Poulter as Eustace developing a relationship with Jill. He was so bratty in VDT it would be interesting see him as a reformed person. Although that miserable personality does come out a few times in SC, I want to see him as a better person on film.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 07, 2012 8:34 pm

But all this died away, all in one moment, into dead silence, as quickly as the noise dies away in a rowdy dormitory if the Headmaster opens the door. For now they saw the Prince.
No one doubted for a moment who he was. [...]
Instantly every head was bared and every knee was bent; a moment later such cheering and shouting, such jumps and reels of joy, such hand-shakings and kissings and embracings of everybody by everybody else broke out that the tears came into Jill's eyes.

This is a scene that I would really have liked to see. First (before this quote) they all talk to Puddleglum - and then this. Perhaps even the music should stop for a moment when the Prince appears, or else change to something solemn. It could have been a dramatic moment.

But now it may not be at all ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby twinimage » Jul 11, 2012 12:37 pm

I would have liked to have seen how they would make Puddleglum look in the Silver Chair. Would like to see who they would have cast as the Lady of the Green Kirtle.

Magician's Nephew has a lot of neat imagery that would be cool to see on film. Charn and the room of people/statues. I can just imagine the intensity and suspense of that scene with the small bell.
Would also like to have seen Strawberry, the winged horse. That would have been amazing to see him and the two children fly. Could be an iconic image for the film series.

HHB would make for such a fun movie. It's a shame we may not get to see it made into a film.
Would be a nice change of scenery. Can imagine the characters riding across the desert areas and landscapes of grand scale. The scene of the tombs would have been cool to see, if done right.

I love the image Lewis provokes when Father Time puts out the sun in the Last Battle. That moment could be another iconic image for the film series, had it been made into a film and done right. The whole part where Narnia is destroyed would really be a sight to behold.

Something I didn't see in Prince Caspian and was Bacchus and Silenus. :( I was really looking forward to see how they did that part of the story.
The scene where Lucy goes and talks with the trees and asks them to wake up was sort of in the movie, but was inferior to how it's described in the book. I really like that scene in the book and wish it had been in the movie in it's entirety.
twinimage
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Anfinwen » Jul 17, 2012 10:04 am

I have to agree with Varnafinde, that is a scene I would really like to see.
Although, I think what I want to see most is the physical Calorman world, the architecture, the cities, the countryside, the sea, Lasaraleen's sumptuous home, the tombs and the two horses and riders from above racing across the desert.

I desperately want to see this scene:
At first Shasta could see nothing in the valley below him but a sea of mist with a few domes and pinnacles rising from it; but as the light increased and the mist cleared away he saw more and more. A broad river divided itself into two streams and on the island between them stood the city of Tashbaan, one of the wonders of the world. Round the very edge of the island, so that the water lapped against the stone, ran high walls strengthened with so many towers that he soon gave up trying to count them. Inside the walls the island rose in a hill and every bit of that hill, up to the Tisrocs palace and the great temple of Tash at the top, was completely covered with buildings - terrace above terrace, street above street, zigzag roads or huge flights of steps bordered with orange trees and lemon trees, roofgardens, balconies, deep archways, pillared colonnades, spires, battlements, minarets, pinnacles. And when at last the sun rose out of the sea and the great silver-plated dome of the temple flashed back its light, he was almost dazzled.

Oh, and all the Narnians taking counsel in Tashbaan!
Ok, yeah, I just want to see the whole movie of HHB.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby parableproductions » Jul 19, 2012 5:50 pm

there is sooooo much!!

I wanted to see Caspian and his nurse reunited.

I wanted to see Aslan's romp.

I wanted ot see Aslan shake the armour off of Trumpkin. I wanted to see Trumpkin's eyes open to the fact that Aslan is real - that was really poorly done in the movie.

I wanted to see Trumpkin be loyal to Caspian even when he didn't agree with him (you've had my counsel, now is the time to follow orders).

(I was REALLY disappointed in the PC movie)

I wanted to see Lord Bern buy Caspian and I wanted to see Caspian fool Gumpus into thinking there was an entire fleet of ships just out of sight.

I wanted to see the dispare of Eustace when he was a dragon and realized that he was still a problem because they couldn't figure out HOW they were going to bring him with them - he was too big for the ship and they didn't know how many days they'd be at sea before they would find land. Eustace couldn't be expected to fly for days on end.

I wanted to see Aslan rip the skin of Dragon Eustace.

I wanted to see the reformed Eustace attack the sea serpent that was trying to crush the ship - all he did was break the sword, but it was his first brave act.

I wanted to see a Marshwiggle.

I wanted to see Shasta - and his entire story.

I wanted to see the Creation of Narnia.

But most of all, I wanted to see those who made it to Aslan's Country swim up the waterfall!!
parableproductions
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby GlimGlum » Jul 21, 2012 9:23 am

The Lady Arwen Undómiel wrote:
Oh, and all the Narnians taking counsel in Tashbaan!
Ok, yeah, I just want to see the whole movie of HHB.

I really hope HHB makes it to the big screen someday. But in addition to the above, just seeing Tashbaan itself should be a wonder moment. Here is a pretty neat artist's rendition of that great Calormen city: Link to rendition of Tashbaan

Just imagine that on a big screen!
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

PreviousNext