This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

SFX Magazine #201 - New Photo!

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: SFX Magazine #201 - New Photo!

Postby Trufflehunter » Sep 22, 2010 1:20 pm

I always figured (despite the reassurance) that some things from the leaked script would make it into the final version of the film. I guess it's better that the darkness plot revolves around the White Witch than the Lady of the Green Kirtle, right?
"I'm a beast I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on. I say great good will come of it... And we beasts remember, even if Dwarfs forget, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King." -Trufflehunter
Trufflehunter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Silver the Wanderer » Sep 22, 2010 1:36 pm

daughter of the King wrote:I wonder why they called the Magician's Book the Book of Shadows. Probably has no significance whatsoever, but it's a very odd title.

I noticed that as well. Hmmm. Very strange. I can only guess that they're calling it because it shows "shadows" of things that were, or are. But that sounds very LotR-ish, doesn't it? ;)) I can only hope that this nickname has nothing to do with Dark Island, but "dark" and "shadows" are pretty much synonyms, aren't they?

I don't know what to say about the casket, except are you sure it's a casket or just a table shaped like one?

I don't have a problem with the scrimmage with Pug's men - it makes sense that they would put up a fight as before being captured. Besides, I rather the production add in action that makes sense in context than create a whole new excuse to have a battle. But where's Eustace and Reep? Either they stayed behind (which is very un-Reep-like if you ask me) or maybe they were keeping watch somewhere and already got captured. Or maybe they're off-camera! Lots of possibilities.

Anyway, thanks for the article, icarus! :D
Av and Sig by Aravis Autarkeia

Silver the Wanderer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby decarus » Sep 22, 2010 2:46 pm

Trufflehunter wrote:I always figured (despite the reassurance) that some things from the leaked script would make it into the final version of the film. I guess it's better that the darkness plot revolves around the White Witch than the Lady of the Green Kirtle, right?

You know. I don't know. I don't like that they keep bring the White Witch back for a cameo appearance. I think it gives her character too much weight in the series though i guess she was the original evil in a way.

So when is this rope in the bell tower scene? Is this before the group is captured and put in the slave market? If there is a slave market. Do we know for certain that there is a slave market?
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Eustace » Sep 22, 2010 9:49 pm

I am wondering why they in a bell tower before they get taken to be sold as slaves anyway? But, this does much more sense on Edmund's part, at least according to what we read on Skandar's fan site( a year ago, tomorrow):
''Skandar is still at Cleveland. But instead of being on the magical Dawn Treader Edmund is filthy, bruised and finding himself in another dungeon.''

This bell tower would probably also have a dungeon in the same building wherever this occurs. :) Why the slave traders slide down bell ropes and attack them is still confusing. :-\ I am getting quite worried about this movie, the more I hear about it, the more people say that the scenes sound like the leaked script. :-s
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby decarus » Sep 23, 2010 4:51 am

They probably mean another dungeon as in he was in a dungeon in LWW and now he is in one again in VotDT. So there is a mention of a dungeon.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Sep 23, 2010 1:01 pm

^^ oh, so you think that Edmund will be held captive in the tower! that's so cool! I hope your right! this movie is going to be so awesome!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby decarus » Sep 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Well i meant captive in Narrowhaven not necessarily the tower. I also meant that they will all be held captive, not just Edmund.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 23, 2010 11:45 pm

I thought the Magician's book was titled Book of Incantations for the movie? Where's Book of Shadows coming from? I don't think that's an appropriate title to be using, since it's the title Wiccans use for their personal grimoires.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby decarus » Sep 24, 2010 4:44 am

Why do you know the title that Wiccans use? I think it was Book of Incantations as well.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Dinode » Sep 28, 2010 1:57 pm

I just got back from a trip and found this here waiting for me! :D But I can't read the writing even on large size because I have a small laptop. :( Can someone transcribe it please?

I haven't read the leaked script, so I don't know what to say except that the trailer shows them getting groceries like they did in the leaked script (or so I'm told), this could be a minor detail like that. Even if it isn't, we know that the Stone Knife is magic, and if expanding it's power is the only way to string the story together for the movie, so be it. :|

But if that IS where the darkness we keep hearing about is from, where do the 7 swords come in? Unless they're part of the same set? :-??
Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Trufflehunter » Oct 07, 2010 4:12 pm

If you think about it, the White Witch was present at the creation of Narnia. Is she then not as much to Narnia as Aslan is? To me, it makes sense that her evil is integrated throughout the history/future and all of Narnia.
"I'm a beast I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on. I say great good will come of it... And we beasts remember, even if Dwarfs forget, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King." -Trufflehunter
Trufflehunter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Bookwyrm » Oct 07, 2010 10:46 pm

So were Digory, Polly, Fledge, and Frank. They certainly aren't Aslan's equals, so why should the Witch? Lewis was not a dualist.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Previous