This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

General Movie Questions

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: General Movie Questions

Postby fantasia » Oct 10, 2009 11:18 am

We were very, very fortunate to get all these early news stories/pictures. Disney rarely let us post pictures of sets. Most definitely not of the actors. I've never really followed a Fox movie before so I don't know what their protocal is for releasing movie news, but I suspect we won't have much til 2010.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby 220chrisTian » Oct 10, 2009 6:41 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:We were very, very fortunate to get all these early news stories/pictures. Disney rarely let us post pictures of sets. Most definitely not of the actors. I've never really followed a Fox movie before so I don't know what their protocal is for releasing movie news, but I suspect we won't have much til 2010.
Thanks, fantasia! I don't know Disney or Fox protocol. I didn't follow movie news for LWW or PC, so I don't really know what's normal and what isn't. Following VDT news is a first for me, literally. I just thought it was odd to have absolutely nothing after steady news for months. As I said before in another thread, I came to the movie "party" late. :p
220chrisTian

Postby jesusiskingofkings » Oct 23, 2009 9:42 am

Don't worry so have I.

But, I think that the reason for Miraz forcing an answer out of Glozell is for three things. To gain support form the other generals and lords for an all out attack of the Narnians, two, to gain the throne, and three to feed his own ego.

I liked that scene though until now I could never really understand it until now. And infact that was one of the scenes that concerned me.

I wonder of Rilian and glumpuddle discussed this on a pod-cast or not.

I would really like to know what they have to say about that scene.

To Narnia and the North!!!!!!!
Heaven and earh will Pass away but My words shall never pass away. Jesus, Matthew 24:35.

"When I was a child, I thought as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things including the thought of being gwon-up." C.S. Lewis
jesusiskingofkings
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Benjamin » Nov 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Benjamin wrote:Hey all!
I was wondering when the Trailer for Voyage of the Dawn is coming out does anyone know? can't wait for it!

Can someone answer this question? :ympray: :ympray:
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Nov 22, 2009 12:39 pm

Benjamin wrote:
Benjamin wrote:Hey all!
I was wondering when the Trailer for Voyage of the Dawn is coming out does anyone know? can't wait for it!

Can someone answer this question? :ympray: :ympray:

Since VDT is a December release, our best guess is that the trailer release schedule would be similar to that of "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe". That would mean a teaser trailer in May and a theatrical trailer in October.

The teaser trailer i would expect to be released alongside one of the bigger summer blockbusters in May - "Iron Man 2" on May 7th or "Prince of Persia" on May 28th would be my bets. "Shrek 4" on May 2st maybe a possibility too.

Hope that helps. Thats only a best guess though.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Pictures and video need!!??

Postby Narniagirl101 » Nov 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi Narnia fans -

Could you please give me the link for some photos and videos of the new Narnia filming thingy sutff ;)?

Thanks so much!!!

Happy Narnia ;) - Narniagirl101
Narniagirl101
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Lady Galadriel » Nov 25, 2009 2:04 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb Narniagirl101! :D In answer to your question, you could try looking at the "Dawn Treader Videos and Images" thread. (It's in the General Movie Discussion area.) I saw that it has links there to pictures from the filming, and the Cleveland Point videos.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=427

Hope that helps.
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby lilsis_lucy » Nov 28, 2009 9:49 am

Hi! I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this question, but I was wondering about auditions for Jill Pole and like, say, if I wanted to audition, what I would have to do? Thanks! :)
av/sig me
Narnia Nuts in NH Club
Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither. ~C.S. Lewis
lilsis_lucy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby icarus » Nov 30, 2009 12:43 pm

lilsis_lucy wrote:if I wanted to audition, what I would have to do? Thanks! :)

In general.... join a drama school, get an agent, develop your acting resume, wait till December 2010 to see if Dawn Treader does well, wait till sometime in 2011 when they may or may not put out a casting call, apply for an audition through your agent, hope that you get selected for an audition.

See here:

http://www.narniaweb.com/info/narnia-mo ... ver-chair/

and perhaps here might help also:

http://straightfromschool.org/acting-guide/
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Benjamin » Dec 01, 2009 11:42 am

icarus wrote:Since VDT is a December release, our best guess is that the trailer release schedule would be similar to that of "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe". That would mean a teaser trailer in May and a theatrical trailer in October.

The teaser trailer i would expect to be released alongside one of the bigger summer blockbusters in May - "Iron Man 2" on May 7th or "Prince of Persia" on May 28th would be my bets. "Shrek 4" on May 2st maybe a possibility too.

Hope that helps. Thats only a best guess though.

That does help Icarus! Thanks!
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Adeona » Dec 24, 2009 12:41 am

Umm... This is not a question, but my brother asked me to post this odd bit of movie "Trivia" (for lack of a better word), since he doesn't have an account. Its not at all worth it's own topic, so I thought I would just put it in here, if that's O.K. with the Mods. If there is a better location for this, please let me know!

What he asked me to note was this:
He has heard that here on NWeb, we often capitalize The Kiss when speaking (typing :D ) of the infamous scene at the end of PC. He suggested that if we were to abbreviate The Kiss into TK, it would be the same acronym used for team [member] killing/killer (Used in online, team-based multiplayer games). He is thinking that this is a somewhat interesting coincidence.
Just a little something!
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby wolfloversk » Jan 01, 2010 1:12 am

I hope this is where I post this, In PC when Lucy meets Aslan after escaping the Telmarines, people always say that the telmarine Aslan knocked down could be seen escaping through the forest, but I've never seen this. I was wondering if someone could point out just where on the screne this happens, for example upper left corner or bottom right-hand side or a screne shot with him circled? It would be greatly appreciated.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Jan 01, 2010 2:29 pm

That would be in the middle right-hand corner, wolfloversk.
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wolfloversk » Jan 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Thankyou A_Narnian_Ship I saw him this time :D
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Fair Faun » Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm

A_Narnian_Ship wrote:In PC, the Narnians come and steal weapons and armor, Miraz asks how many men they lost. General Glozelle tells Miraz that the Narnians came "like ghosts in the dead of night. We never saw them" Then Miraz keeps pressing for a number of dead men form this "bloody, Narnian attack. Of which you were the fortunate survivor. How many, General?" and then proceeds to slap Glozelle across the face. "Three".

I thought it was simply that Miraz was protesting that if they'd only lost three men then they couldn't have put up much of a fight or that the soldiers (or some of them) must have run away when confronted with the Narnians or that the soldiers were all sleeping.
Make your choice adventurous stranger.
Strike the bell and bide the danger.
Or wonder 'till it drives you mad
what would have happened if you had.
Fair Faun
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Fair Faun: I was cofused about this for a long time until my mom said that Miraz was telling Glozelle to murder the three men standing behind him so that it wouldn't look like the Narnians just got away with steeling the weapons. I hope that is right.....and I hope that helps you! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

PreviousNext