This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

General Movie Questions

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: General Movie Questions

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Nov 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Yeah I think it's fine. I mean, pirates prob have slaves working aboard the ship, so it's a good possibility that there were slaves among the pirates that "happened" into Narnia.
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby outlier » Nov 17, 2010 8:38 pm

ok, I have a question that's probably more about seeing it in theatres than a narnia fact question... anyways, do you think I can see it in 2D on opening day? Personally, I want to see it in both forms, but my (cheap) friends want to see it in 2D. The only problems is that fandango.com has only posted showtimes for the 3D showing... Does anyone know if we'll have to wait a while, or is the site just being lame?
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby PeterCharn » Nov 18, 2010 10:30 am

Are there any movies (In addition to HP 7 pt. 1 and Tron) that could pose a serious threat to VDT's boxoffice run?
PeterCharn
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wolfloversk » Nov 18, 2010 11:16 am

I'm not sure PeterCharn, I believe Tangled is our next biggest threat.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby aragorn2 » Nov 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Tangled looks really dumb 8-}
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 18, 2010 2:11 pm

^^ I don't think Tangled is much of a threat.....it looks cheesy and should hit a totally different audience than VotDT! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby wolfloversk » Nov 18, 2010 3:57 pm

I don't know, I thought that... til I heard my freind say that she was gonna go see it... :-s
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Dinode » Nov 18, 2010 5:48 pm

@outlier, I don't think you'll have to wait, but I don't have any evidence to back this up.
Seeking comic book artist, PM for details.
Dinode
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby outlier » Nov 18, 2010 11:21 pm

Dinode, thanks, hopefully the showtimes will come out soon

Other movies coming out on December 10th (most really aren't the VDT audience):
-The Tourist w/ Angelina Jolie, and Johnny Depp
-The Fighter.... looks like a boxing movie
-The Company Men... by skimming the synopsis, it looks like a money movie (like about money and the economy... sorta like wall street movie with Labouf)

Tangled, Tron, and HP:DHP1 are what I'd see as a threat to the movie, but not so much Tron and Tangled.... I guess it just depends on the success of Deathly Hallows
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Josh » Nov 20, 2010 10:02 am

I'm not worried about Tangled, but I am worried about Tron.

I also wouldnt underestimate The Tourist. Sure it targets a different audience, but if it gets enough teen and adult viewers it can surpass VoTDT. Also keep in mind that it stars Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie...pretty much the two biggest stars out right now.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby outlier » Nov 22, 2010 11:57 am

I'd probably say that the two movies that I'm worried about most is Deathly Hallows, and The Tourist....

Like Josh said, it has potential to supprise us and do good at the box office. But I think it'll do good because people like Depp and Jolie

The Deathly Hallows hype was huge this weekend. I asked my friend who went to the theatres, and she said that there wasn't a theatre that didn't have someone dressed up or something fan crazy (my cousin actually suggested that someone who goes to the midnight showing should dress up as a character from lord of the rings and say "you guys are such dorks" haha...)...

Tangled looks like it might take the box office one weekend, and then do mediocre for the rest of the time it's in theatres

I would think that Tron would be highly anticipated, but surprisingly no one I talk to is that interested in it (other than the fact that it has Jeff Bridges in it)
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Adeona » Nov 25, 2010 4:33 pm

I've got a question that's kinda odd, but hey, why not ask it anyways? :D

Does anyone know if there is a list somewhere of all the theaters that will be showing VDT on opening day? Our one local theater doesn't answer it's phones at all, just has a programed message telling what movies are playing the current week. And they don't have a website, either. So we're trying to make sure we can see VDT there the 10th, so Lizzle can ask off work in time. :)
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Gymfan15 » Nov 25, 2010 4:44 pm

I think it's safe to assume that all theaters (except for maybe very, very small ones) will be showing VdT on opening day. :) Most websites don't publish the times of movies that they plan to run until about two weeks prior, so I would check that theater some time next week for movie showtimes. I know my very large theater does not have any show times up yet for the 10th, but I know they'll be carrying the film. :)
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Malfhok » Nov 25, 2010 6:38 pm

I just checked Fandango for my area and they were selling tickets for VDT… So you might want to check. ;)
Malfhok
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby MagiciansNephew1 » Nov 27, 2010 7:20 am

PeterCharn wrote:Are there any movies (In addition to HP 7 pt. 1 and Tron) that could pose a serious threat to VDT's boxoffice run?

Well, not like I am trying to sound like a box office expert or anything, but here is what I think.

Harry Potter will not be a threat at all, because it opens three weeks before VDT, and will have almost died down by then, or at least won't be bringing in huge bucks like it would the weeks before.

Tangled won't have to be worried about that much because it is opening two weeks before Narnia, and the novelty of the film will also wear off by the time VDT opens.

The Tourist is a film that stars Jolie and Depp, so it could be a blockbuster, but it targets a completely different demographic than VDT. It opens on the same week as VDT, which worries me a little. So, it may steal a little of the press of VDT, but it probably won't affect who sees it that much.

As you said, Tron worries us. I don't think that it will be a huge hit, as it is a sequel to a 30-year-old movie most teens my age have never heard of. However, some people think that it is the biggest movie of the Christmas season, and it will steal some of VDT's 3D screens.

Yogi Bear looks AWFUL, but so did Alvin and the Chipmunks. It is in 3D, so it will also steal some of VDT's screens, if not much else.

The only other one is Gulliver's Travels, which also looks AWFUL. I don't think that it'll interfere, and if it does, Fox isn't very smart, as they are both by them.

I would expect VDT to open to about $50-65 M, and finish off with about $215 M. That would be enough for SC to be made.
Lets go SC!
MagiciansNephew1
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: ...trying to get out of one large history textbook...

Postby amarlie24 » Nov 29, 2010 2:35 am

^^ Well, about the question if there is a movie can pose a big threat to VoDT...I guess What I see is The Tourist and HP:P1, though I think if the movie will have it's good reviews by the audience no matter what I guess it will succeed in the movie theaters especially to teens and kids..:D
amarlie24
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext